PDA

View Full Version : Beta Newsletter - Check if you have not received an email

Pages : [1] 2

Alex Walz
02-28-2010, 01:23 PM
Beta testers,
Two-three weeks ago, you should have received a newsletter, via email, regarding the Closed Beta which you will be receiving in the near future. We got your emails from your profiles here, at DOFS, and at DOFH. So check all your emails that you may have registered with. If you believe you have received a beta key and did not receive the email, please let us know - post here or PM me with your email address and a link showing where you received a beta key.

http://www.reverieworld.com/departments/marketing/newsletter/newsletter.png

This email contained little new information as it was mainly just a way to make sure we were in contact with all the recipients. For that reason, it has been made public and archived on our site (http://www.reverieworld.com/departments/marketing/newsletter/betanewsletter.html). This email was sent from newsletter@reverieworld.com and titled "Reverie World Studios - Beta Newsletter."

We are aware that the official forum moderators were left out of the email list and we had the wrong email on file for a certain DOFS staff member, but everyone else should have been sent an email.

Next week, the Reverie team will be notifying the recipients of honorable beta keys (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1250).

Alex Walz
02-28-2010, 02:03 PM
Also, I apologize if this email did not render correctly in your email service. Our webmaster has been looking into the design, and hopefully any problems will be fixed in time for the next email.

raving
02-28-2010, 02:29 PM
everybody in the beta enjoy :D and plzzzz make me jealous with post on how awsome the game is ^^.

zach12wqasxz
02-28-2010, 02:30 PM
i never recieved an email, is this just for 1st stage beta reciepiants?

Henry Martin
02-28-2010, 02:35 PM
I recieved one, but like you mentioned, it didn't display right.

Alex Walz
02-28-2010, 02:53 PM
It's for all beta testers.

Zach, we had you on our list. I sent you a PM with further instructions if you cannot find this email.

zach12wqasxz
02-28-2010, 03:52 PM
It's for all beta testers.

Zach, we had you on our list. I sent you a PM with further instructions if you cannot find this email.

ok i tried to reply to your PM but i cant for some reason, it doesnt give me the option anymore. so if you could jsut re-email it to me that would be good, i htink i might have overlooked and deleted it. email adress is zach_mcmann@yahoo.com
thank you, i cannot wait to play the beta :D

Alex Walz
02-28-2010, 06:23 PM
Sure thing. I also realized that we did not collect the winners of DoFH's second trivia contest from Blatant.

spartan
02-28-2010, 07:32 PM
awesome. Even tho I missed it, I'm glad to see that the beta is gonna be up and running soon. one steap closer to be able to play the game :D

Darathor
02-28-2010, 07:53 PM
I also didn't receive an e-mail and I have a 2nd stage beta key, though I think it is from DoFH heaven's second trivia contest.

Darathor
02-28-2010, 07:54 PM
I also didn't receive an e-mail and I have a 2nd stage beta key, though I think it is from DoFH heaven's second trivia contest.

Generation
02-28-2010, 09:00 PM
I believe that i should received a beta key please make sure thank u :D email yoshibutty@gmail.com

Alex Walz
02-28-2010, 09:09 PM
Generation, please link me to a page showing you received a key. If it's from DOFS, tell me and I'll talk to Ed.

LiTos456
02-28-2010, 09:16 PM
Yeah I was just about to say that, if anyone here didn't receive the email but have won a beta key at DoFS, tell me and I'll confirm you.

zach12wqasxz
02-28-2010, 09:26 PM
ya i still havent recieved an email, not sure f you sent another or not but if u did i still havetn received it

and i think generation was trying to pull a fast one lol.

Alex Walz
02-28-2010, 09:38 PM
Check again, Zach. Just barely sent out the email to a couple others who have been added to the list - still waiting to get the trivia winner compilation from Blatant.

zach12wqasxz
02-28-2010, 10:28 PM
ah finally, 3rd time was the charm i guess.

wills370
03-01-2010, 12:35 AM
recieved ,mine all fine and dandy.

wou129
03-01-2010, 02:48 AM
you yust recive theat news leter right becose i got theat one but nothing else

The Witch King of Angmar
03-01-2010, 04:57 AM
Disregard, I got it.

HolyPollo
03-01-2010, 05:20 AM
Beta buzz in the air! I'm so excited for all the new faces that soon will come.

Noxeros
03-01-2010, 10:05 AM
I believe that I didn't get a mail, if I did I must have deleted it by mistake

mattias_broman@live.se

http://dof.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=37,334249,,30

GPS51
03-01-2010, 10:08 AM
It's great to see the activity pick up on the forums. Hopefully we can post bits and pieces of the beta. Nothing like it for forum buzz.

Puppeteer
03-01-2010, 11:10 AM
Oooh, how exciting! I'm going to make time to play (I mean, 'test') this.
And yeah, it didn't show properly on my Outlook either - the middle chunk was missing, only a black gap with grey italic writing.
You guys have come so far! Frightening, huh?

LiTos456
03-01-2010, 01:14 PM
Yeah, I cant believe I've been here for over a year now. That's pretty damn long. Longer than usual. If the forums alone can keep me around (I've been less active lately but I'm still here), I sure hope the game can keep me for just as long.

The Witch King of Angmar
03-01-2010, 01:15 PM
I am just thrilled. I can finally prove to my dad that this game IS comming out and is not just a myth!!!!! Thank you Reverie!!!!

nickson104
03-01-2010, 01:40 PM
I am just thrilled. I can finally prove to my dad that this game IS comming out and is not just a myth!!!!! Thank you Reverie!!!!

My family give up with games, they know they just dont understand them and dont bother anymore, so i dont bother talking about them :) :p

I have a question, will the Beta be linked to each stage individually? Just wondering because I cant remember what stage I am in so i woul probably judge the progress by posts on here im guessing (unless the testers will not be allowed to say anything?)

Catabre
03-01-2010, 01:56 PM
http://dof.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=37&tn=23

My proof of winning a key. I won a key to the third stage though; is that why I am not yet receiving an email?

Email: catabre.ubersoldner@gmail.com

still waiting to get the trivia winner compilation from Blatant

I know my link isn't official, but maybe it will help. :)

zach12wqasxz
03-01-2010, 02:25 PM
http://dof.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=37&tn=23

My proof of winning a key. I won a key to the third stage though; is that why I am not yet receiving an email?

Email: catabre.ubersoldner@gmail.com

I know my link isn't official, but maybe it will help. :)

no you should of gotten a key as well, alex had to emial me mine 3 times before i finally got it. if u won a key and ur on the list u should be getting one

Generation
03-01-2010, 03:50 PM
Generation, please link me to a page showing you received a key. If it's from DOFS, tell me and I'll talk to Ed.
Oh I thought you meant from the forums sry lol :P

Swift sword
03-01-2010, 04:27 PM
I got mine. The first one didn't display properly, but you sent me a second one 7 minutes later that worked fine. Didn't realize the editor was going to be included until I received it (the email).

Alex Walz
03-01-2010, 05:25 PM
Again, winners of DOFH's latest trivia contest have not been emailed yet. I received all the necessary info from Blatant and these emails will be sent out shortly. :)

GPS51
03-01-2010, 07:01 PM
I can't wait. I've been hoping since November. A short compared to some I realize but all the same. Bring on the beta!

Gleem
03-01-2010, 10:30 PM
You said this was for all beta testers? Isn't there some beta that's open to anyone who registered to the site prior to a certain date? Or does that come later, I'm mistaken, or it turns out you need a certain post count for it?

DarkMaster
03-02-2010, 02:37 AM
You said this was for all beta testers? Isn't there some beta that's open to anyone who registered to the site prior to a certain date? Or does that come later, I'm mistaken, or it turns out you need a certain post count for it?
As far as I'm aware, that's later.

Great to see Beta is coming up, even though I haven't got a key (or a computer that would be able to handle DoF. It's on the shopping list:p ). This will be a great milestone in development:D

LiTos456
03-02-2010, 01:11 PM

Nope, that simply doesn't exist. The closest you have to that is the open beta, but that isn't going to come until some more time from now.

Noxeros
03-02-2010, 02:07 PM
I still haven't got my mail, or is something wrong?

My mail, both on this site and DoFH
Mattias_Broman@live.se

Here it says in running text that I got third place and a third stage beta-key
http://dof.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=45,334265,,30

This is the Trivia that I won
http://dof.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=37,334249,,30

Alex Walz
03-02-2010, 03:38 PM
Everyone who joined before November 9th and has at least one post will get into what Kon calls the first open beta stage (though it will still be closed and require keys). Then after that, we'll let in the masses by giving away hundreds of keys to other sites, and finally have a true open beta/demo that everyone can download.

You guys might be bumped up to the third closed beta if we decide to expand it and get everything automated - so I'm not dealing with 20 PMs a day. :p You'll get a key, but it will be awhile before you're put on our mailing list.

Nermal
03-03-2010, 02:17 AM
So much looking forward to this game! read about it and joined around a year ago, kept checking up every month or so.
Wonderfull to read you are making good progress, wouldnt mind getting a key thrown this way sometime in the near future :rolleyes:

welshie
03-03-2010, 07:19 AM
been a while and not kept up, but what if you havent won a contest or recieved an email but your on the list? just asking for people out there, and btw i hope the people in the beta get to show us picies and vids :) would be cool for us not in the closed :)

Unen
03-03-2010, 07:24 AM
been a while and not kept up, but what if you havent won a contest or recieved an email but your on the list? just asking for people out there, and btw i hope the people in the beta get to show us picies and vids :) would be cool for us not in the closed :)

Dont have to worry about that, there will be tones posted once the NDA is lifted.

nickson104
03-03-2010, 07:32 AM
but what if you havent won a contest or recieved an email but your on the list?

If you are on the list without winning a contest then you were lucky enough to have been considered a worthy addition to the beta team, either through dedication to the game, your position in the forum community or perhaps even through your ideas about how the game could/should be. Also if you posted in the previous topic about system specs that may also have played a part but I doubt Reverie had time to trawl the old posts to find that...

If you havent recieved an email then you inputted an email that is different to your current one, or there has been an error. Or you simply arent on the list....
Wait until it has been announced who exactly has earned beta keys as some are yet to be chosen (honourable nominees)

Argargeroth
03-03-2010, 04:04 PM
everybody in the beta enjoy :D and plzzzz make me jealous with post on how awsome the game is ^^.

I agree, I wanna know if the game seems to be as awesome as the Devs. would have us beleive.:D I really hope that's the case, because so many games I've spent money are short lived vaniella.
Let Their Be Glorious Blood Shed!!

Darathor
03-03-2010, 05:30 PM
Now I have received that email. It made me very excited and I can't wait!:D

I'm also very glad that it's coming so soon!

Vynrael
03-03-2010, 06:41 PM
I don't have receive that mail, so when come the open beta please ? Thanks :-p

Catabre
03-04-2010, 08:16 AM
Again, winners of DOFH's latest trivia contest have not been emailed yet. I received all the necessary info from Blatant and these emails will be sent out shortly.

Ok, thanks for the heads up Alex. I'm looking forward to beta testing. I'm under the impression that the first stage will start by the end of this week or next week. Is that correct?

Philtrum
03-04-2010, 11:13 AM
So there is a referral beta contest and some italian forum contest. When will these guys get their beta emails? Is beta starting like within the week?

zach12wqasxz
03-04-2010, 11:15 AM
there not gonna tell us when beta is gonna start, until they actualy start it, and the devs dont like being bugged with beta questions so guys chillax the beta is comeing

Henry Martin
03-04-2010, 12:27 PM
We are all like little kids waiting for christmas morning.

(sorry if I offended anyone with this holiday reference).

nickson104
03-04-2010, 04:28 PM
there not gonna tell us when beta is gonna start, until they actualy start it, and the devs dont like being bugged with beta questions so guys chillax the beta is comeing

It isnt necessarily that they dont like such comments, it is just that they dont have the time for such comments. Especially when it has been asked many times before hehe :)

We are all like little kids waiting for christmas morning.

(sorry if I offended anyone with this holiday reference).

Indeed we are :)

Beta will begin soon, my guess is that as the referrals are in soon, the honourable nominees this week and the italian contest is also soon... The beta will commence either next week or the week after... But of course that is just a guess :)

Either way, chill guys... No need for the apprehension, its coming and no amount of wishing will make it come sooner... And the longer we wait, the more constructed the game will be when it come to testing.

You will all be involved at some point, but when does not matter... Await your invitation to it and try not to complain that you are yet to be chosen. Remember guys, its just a game.... :)

Darathor
03-04-2010, 05:52 PM
Ok, thanks for the heads up Alex. I'm looking forward to beta testing. I'm under the impression that the first stage will start by the end of this week or next week. Is that correct?

The e-mail says that the first beta will start in approximately a week or so.

Henry Martin
03-04-2010, 05:59 PM
Well if you went of when the email said, it should have started this week, but I'm hoping it will be around the end of next week or start the following week, as I have a week off from school and will devote my time to playtesting this game.

Swift sword
03-04-2010, 08:52 PM
I'm guessing beta will start mid-to end of march, with the second beginning in early to mid April. Once the first begins we can get a pretty good idea of the rest of them...it's just that darn first beta we're waiting for.
By the way, will all closed beta members get notification when first is starting/about to start or just 1st beta key holders? Be nice to start anticipating for my turn ahead of time, seeing as 3rd defintely ain't starting over the break.

LiTos456
03-05-2010, 01:18 PM
Alex, I PMd you. Another one of my staff didn't receive an email.

metman
03-05-2010, 07:03 PM
I haven't won a beta key yet but I hope I can get 2nd to 5th place in the referal contest for the 2nd stage key. Also I'm going to assume the beta will start this week or the next based upon information from the link to view the e-mail. If I am wrong feel free to correct me. :D

szebus
03-06-2010, 12:54 AM
I only hope that those in the betas will have the rights to share wit us their feedbacks, at least until open beta.

Vimes
03-06-2010, 07:39 AM
gotta love the lure of this thread...if you think you deserve a key post here implying there was a email error. I too havent had a email but I can be more than some devs can handle so I will quietly observe ... though posting implies I think I am wor....arghhhhhhh damn damn :eek:

LiTos456
03-06-2010, 09:02 AM
People who hadn't received a beta key and try to say they didn't receive an email will not receive the email because they are not in the original list. There's no way you can get around it.

Alex Walz
03-06-2010, 09:17 AM
But if you do have a legit problem, please PM me with a link showing you received a key. I'm happy to work with you, and we can look into and fix the problem in seconds. But please don't PM me without a link or to ask me whether or not you won a beta key somewhere - if this is the case, I will contact you when I see that you have not signed the NDA and submitted your specs within a week or so.

Next up, we will break the mailing list down and email the first and second CB stage testers and give them the NDA and ask for their specs to help us address any bugs they may find. So if you have any questions on what beta you're in, it will be stated in this email. Third CB stage testers will not receive this email at the current time - which is not to say that they won't be asked to sign a NDA statement, but it is possible that it will be reduced before then. I will also be emailing the honorable recipients stating what beta we (Reverie) have chosen to thank them with. I will announce when those are sent out. :)

GPS51
03-06-2010, 10:07 AM
We appreciate the work you and the devs are doing alex. Are anxiety just makes us restless ;) .Don't shoot the natives!

zach12wqasxz
03-06-2010, 12:05 PM
ya ive been waiting for beta for almost a year now, others a LOT longer then me even. so im pumped to get started with this

Henry Martin
03-06-2010, 12:09 PM
Yeah I am excite about this games as well as others. Besides the total war series I haven't played a good RTS in awhile.

crispyg29
03-10-2010, 03:01 PM
i got an email but didn't get the key or i just couldnt figure out where to go to get it

Josh Warner
03-10-2010, 03:12 PM
i got an email but didn't get the key or i just couldnt figure out where to go to get it

:confused:

"You will receive the next email update within the next two weeks, at which point you'll be able to confirm your participation in the beta and list out your system specs."

You will not be sent the actual keys for some time. We still need to confirm you want to and will be able to participate before we send them out.

Supreme
03-11-2010, 11:49 AM
How updated are the emails? Ive received my beta-key (3rd) by gettin referred by some peeps but have not received any emails concercing DoF.

amos106
03-11-2010, 01:26 PM
Yeah I won a key in the referral contest but I haven't received any sort of key or email either.

metman
03-11-2010, 02:01 PM
Neither have I. I'm pretty sure it was said the e-mail would come sometime this week.

Darkhinilus
03-11-2010, 02:15 PM
just have patients guys, it's noth like they would forget they wil mail it anytime soon. ;)

Supreme
03-11-2010, 02:39 PM
Im just asking, its not a matter of having patience or not.

Darkhinilus
03-11-2010, 03:16 PM
I'm not say'ing you should have patients, I'm say'ing everything wil come out fine eventualy. :)

Supreme
03-12-2010, 01:58 AM
We all die eventually so no, not everything will come out fine. Also its not patients, patients are when you want to make sure your the only one that can use your invention. The word your looking for is patience. Furthermore asking someone what I did above is not a matter of patience or not, its a matter of curiousity. Theres a fine but clear difference.

Also are you actually from Belgium? :)

sirdustin
03-12-2010, 04:52 AM
This game looks awesome really excited! :) :) :) :)

Darkhinilus
03-12-2010, 05:52 AM
Nope I'm from netherlands, Noord Brabant. :)

Supreme
03-12-2010, 09:46 AM
Which is suprisingly close to Belgium. :) Just sayin..

Henry Martin
03-12-2010, 02:16 PM
Isn't Belgium a block away from the Netherlands:D?

welshie
03-12-2010, 03:48 PM

I'm loving your choice of disance, 'A block' :)

Henry Martin
03-12-2010, 05:03 PM
I'm loving your choice of disance, 'A block' :)

Yeah I love poking fun at where people are from. Whats funny is my mom is from Belgium.

My favorite is what I said about canada.

"Facebook will suck all the coolness out of the post-apocalyptic world. Which means the world will become that place above U.S. ah..what was it called...Ca..na..something. Some say there is a "country" up there, but I think its a myth."

Darkhinilus
03-12-2010, 06:06 PM
Anyone received their email yet from the refferal contest, Sins I have not received one yet? (Just asking incase) :)

metman
03-12-2010, 06:24 PM
I haven't either. As a matter a fact I was thinking the same thing.

zach12wqasxz
03-12-2010, 09:01 PM
Yeah I love poking fun at where people are from. Whats funny is my mom is from Belgium.

My favorite is what I said about canada.

"Facebook will suck all the coolness out of the post-apocalyptic world. Which means the world will become that place above U.S. ah..what was it called...Ca..na..something. Some say there is a "country" up there, but I think its a myth."

wow thats funny, u made me day krabcakes

GPS51
03-12-2010, 09:17 PM
Cool I've been to mythland. Perhaps I'll visit middle earth next vacation :P

Henry Martin
03-12-2010, 09:33 PM
wow thats funny, u made me day krabcakes

I've did my job when I make someone laugh. I will try to come up with some more. I was labeled by one of my teachers on Thursday as a class clown, so maybe I can be the forum clown.

GPS51
03-12-2010, 10:47 PM
Yeah I've already chuckled over the FB/canada quote. Thanks for the humor!

Puppeteer
03-13-2010, 04:22 AM
Don't make too many jokes about Canadia, I hear that Reverie are based there :eek: For now

Henry Martin
03-13-2010, 10:07 AM
Don't make too many jokes about Canadia, I hear that Reverie are based there :eek: For now

I know they are based in canada. I will hold it down as I don't want them to hate me:(.

Supreme
03-13-2010, 01:53 PM

I dont get it.. The Netherlands is the same distance away from Belgium as America is to Canada. :rolleyes:

Henry Martin
03-13-2010, 02:00 PM
I dont get it.. The Netherlands is the same distance away from Belgium as America is to Canada. :rolleyes:

I am making fun of the size of the 2 countries.

blackfang
03-13-2010, 04:00 PM
I've did my job when I make someone laugh. I will try to come up with some more. I was labeled by one of my teachers on Thursday as a class clown, so maybe I can be the forum clown.

Krabs, you should have been there on my first year of middle school:) If i ever talked it ended in everybody laughing:o I manage to restrain myself a little now but I still got the special talent to say the right (wrong) Thing at the right (wrong) time:D

Supreme
03-13-2010, 08:18 PM
I am making fun of the size of the 2 countries.

It does take me 4 hours (less probably) to drive through from the north to the south (longest lenght) of the country but regardless of that. Whats your country of origion so I can make fun of your country in due time? Its only fair ^^.

Henry Martin
03-13-2010, 08:42 PM
It does take me 4 hours (less probably) to drive through from the north to the south (longest lenght) of the country but regardless of that. Whats your country of origion so I can make fun of your country in due time? Its only fair ^^.

Me, I from the greatest country in the universe..AMERICA!!! come and bring it:D.

edit: woo..300th post.

Supreme
03-14-2010, 05:22 AM
Thats too easy right now. Give some challenge.

Puppeteer
03-14-2010, 08:50 AM
Well, the less said about that country the better.

Supreme
03-14-2010, 08:52 AM
The country who's name must not be spoken..

Justin
03-14-2010, 10:56 AM
Well now that it has been almost a week since I received a key and I have not received the beta newsletter I'm posting.

Darkhinilus
03-14-2010, 11:35 AM
I have not received A key or A email yet.

wills370
03-14-2010, 01:52 PM
I have recieved the newsletter but no key??

Justin
03-14-2010, 04:05 PM
don't be worried about not receiving a "key" most games you get into beta by contests on sites that give you a key like dslkds-ksl32kl-lsk3ljk or some other random characters and you enter that to play but for now reverie is just contacting people who have won a "key" or access to beta.

Alex Walz
03-14-2010, 06:52 PM
Sorry for the lateness, but emails have been sent out to referral winners. Contact me via PM if you still have an issue.

otomotopia
03-14-2010, 08:10 PM
Sorry for the lateness, but emails have been sent out to referral winners. Contact me via PM if you still have an issue.

Just to repeat what's been said before, the Newsletters were sent out to anyone who's recieved conformation that they WILL be in a beta stage, correct? No keys for us until 'our' beta comes? Also, can some of us be bumped up to an earlier stage due to forum merrit?

Darkhinilus
03-14-2010, 08:11 PM
I did receive the Email now :D

Alex Walz
03-14-2010, 08:16 PM
Also, can some of us be bumped up to an earlier stage due to forum merrit?
It's possible. :) We may hand out some keys here and there if we see some very contributive posts. Three forumers will be bumped to an earlier stage due to their nominated contributive behavior around the community in addition to work they have already put forth into getting a beta key. For example, Darathor, who just about every seemed to nominate, may be glad to know that he's been moved straight to the top of the list and will be receiving a first beta key. ;)

And yes, no keys have been sent out yet. Just this initial email.

otomotopia
03-14-2010, 08:25 PM
Great! Thanks for the responce!

Darathor
03-14-2010, 09:09 PM
It's possible. :) We may hand out some keys here and there if we see some very contributive posts. Three forumers will be bumped to an earlier stage due to their nominated contributive behavior around the community in addition to work they have already put forth into getting a beta key. For example, Darathor, who just about every seemed to nominate, may be glad to know that he's been moved straight to the top of the list and will be receiving a first beta key. ;)

And yes, no keys have been sent out yet. Just this initial email.

I must say, I'm very glad to have been moved up to the first beta.:D Thanks for key! I'm just really amazed right now. Now I'm even more excited for the beta.:) Thanks again and congratulations to those others who got bumped up.

HolyPollo
03-15-2010, 08:09 AM

Got my email. I'm psyched!

nickson104
03-15-2010, 11:09 AM
For example, Darathor, who just about every seemed to nominate, may be glad to know that he's been moved straight to the top of the list and will be receiving a first beta key. ;)

Great choice, really :) He deserves it :)

Congratz Darathor, may your beta experience be pleasant and eventful :) Just dont get too experienced by the time I get there! :p I want to stand a chance!!! :D

fyro11
03-15-2010, 07:18 PM
Have been through some hard times of late which have occupied my time and mind. Not sure if I'm entitled but I thought I'd give it a (cheap) shot! Thanks a bunch.

Negthareas
03-15-2010, 08:05 PM
I did not get one, but don't think of giving me one unless it is the last beta because I am a little busy and probably would not be able to actively participate in a beta until fall.

welshie
03-15-2010, 08:09 PM
Gz darathor! when are u planning on leting them post up piccies and vids on sites or have you not decided yet? i want to have a look at them :) seen as im not in the betas yet.

Zeluk
03-15-2010, 08:38 PM
Awesome, go Darathor!!! Elves 1, Others 0 :p ;).

Henry Martin
03-16-2010, 08:52 AM
Congrats Darathor, hope to have a battle or fight along side you in the first stage.

The country who's name must not be spoken..

good one, I'll come up with another one soon, as I am half tired right now.

otomotopia
03-16-2010, 10:40 AM
PSA to all of my US'mA countrymen...

Before we start talking on the interent, we should run through a checklist. We did NOT kick the brits butts in WWII. Brits are not Aussies, but the opposite is technically true. We got OUR butts kicked by Canada, and the British people. The french destroyed more tanks within france then WE did in WWII. British people do not "Sound Funny." Aussies are not New Zelanders, and Vice versa. Also, Yes, we have a supurior military, but China has the capability to levy a fully equiped army of over 100 million people, and many other countries have better education systems then we do, so we can't fix the stupid thats prolific all over the interent.

Sorry, world. I apologize to you.

Oh well. We still have steak, fireworks, corndogs, and the good ol 'Merican spirit! [Insert Rebel yell]

PS: (Spelling mistake intended).

EmpressHebihime
03-16-2010, 11:04 AM
How do you know you got one?

Unen
03-16-2010, 12:14 PM
How do you know you got one?

Someone will contact you. For example if you won a contest you would obviously know you got one from who ever announced the contest winners. Or If you were to get one from forum contribution im sure an admin would send you a private message and/or an email.

Henry Martin
03-16-2010, 12:36 PM
PSA to all of my US'mA countrymen...

Before we start talking on the interent, we should run through a checklist. We did NOT kick the brits butts in WWII. Brits are not Aussies, but the opposite is technically true. We got OUR butts kicked by Canada, and the British people. The french destroyed more tanks within france then WE did in WWII. British people do not "Sound Funny." Aussies are not New Zelanders, and Vice versa. Also, Yes, we have a supurior military, but China has the capability to levy a fully equiped army of over 100 million people, and many other countries have better education systems then we do, so we can't fix the stupid thats prolific all over the interent.

Sorry, world. I apologize to you.

Oh well. We still have steak, fireworks, corndogs, and the good ol 'Merican spirit! [Insert Rebel yell]

PS: (Spelling mistake intended).

lol, but 'DE TOOK ER JERBS'. We did kick there butts when tights were the fashion. China, HA! you made me laugh.

Yeah our education system isn't the best, but to be fair a lot of younger people think it is cool not to be able to read.

I'm not apologizing for anything, except George Bush and Paris Hilton, labeling them as an Americans is a kick in the nuts.

Don't forget about Jessica Biel's butt, made right here is good ol' Minnesota.

Sketchie
03-16-2010, 02:43 PM
Hello Everyone
I did not receive an email, I was wondering about this as I thought that I would be part of the beta seeing as how I have been waiting for this game for a long time. If not then I shall have to try and figure something else out to get in.

S

Supreme
03-16-2010, 03:49 PM
Does anybody else have trouble reading above posts?

HolyPollo
03-16-2010, 03:51 PM
lol, but 'DE TOOK ER JERBS'. We did kick there butts when tights were the fashion. China, HA! you made me laugh.

Yeah our education system isn't the best, but to be fair a lot of younger people think it is cool not to be able to read.

I'm not apologizing for anything, except George Bush and Paris Hilton, labeling them as an Americans is a kick in the nuts.

Don't forget about Jessica Biel's butt, made right here is good ol' Minnesota.

At last krabs, you've revealed your secret location. Only a true blooded Minnesotian would know the origin of Jessical Biel's butt! You've been ousted!

nickson104
03-17-2010, 08:32 AM
At last krabs, you've revealed your secret location. Only a true blooded Minnesotian would know the origin of Jessical Biel's butt! You've been ousted!

YOU IDIOT!!! Now he may expect us!

Noo... That cant be possible....
NO-ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!!!!! :D

Dont be so harsh on the Americans mate, their only a little bit worse than the rest of the world... :p No need to apoogise :D

otomotopia
03-17-2010, 09:06 AM

I just lold.

Gleem
03-18-2010, 06:14 AM
I like how on the 14th we got a post saying that no keys have been given out, yet on the same day I got the news letter saying the first keys go out week 1 of March. :p But anyway, I'm super excited about this game. And a little more waiting won't kill any of us.

I have also been wondering if there was a way to know which part of the beta you're in (prior to getting your key obviously :p)

EmpressHebihime
03-18-2010, 08:59 AM
Someone will contact you. For example if you won a contest you would obviously know you got one from who ever announced the contest winners. Or If you were to get one from forum contribution im sure an admin would send you a private message and/or an email.

Oh okay. Well there went that beta for xD.

welshie
03-18-2010, 11:35 AM
I like how on the 14th we got a post saying that no keys have been given out, yet on the same day I got the news letter saying the first keys go out week 1 of March. :p But anyway, I'm super excited about this game. And a little more waiting won't kill any of us.

I have also been wondering if there was a way to know which part of the beta you're in (prior to getting your key obviously :p)

Yeh they said there a bit behind schedual, lol. And as for the key stage i dont really know, maybe you will get an update email when your key arrives telling you which test your doing.

p.s. i secreatly think they have beta 1 already on the go there just trying to keep us nice and carm :)

chris277139
03-18-2010, 12:26 PM
I never got an email of the beta:(

blackfang
03-18-2010, 12:52 PM
well seeing as you only have this post it really is no wonder. (only those invited to beta got the newsletter i think besides you don't even seem to have been here for more then today... it is some time ago that the mail was sent)

welshie
03-18-2010, 01:01 PM
Chris dont be so down beat, many didnt get it. Im sure in time with some nice friendly posts and commitment to the fourms, you will be offered for the later betas, Good luck dude :)

HolyPollo
03-19-2010, 06:11 AM

Dont be so harsh on the Americans mate, their only a little bit worse than the rest of the world... :p No need to apoogise :D

Especially if they're dressed as the French! Krabs won't realize it till it's too late. Far too late!

raving
03-19-2010, 07:43 AM
i didnt got an email either :D
but tbh atm thats prob a good thing. I'm in the middle of exams atm ><.
if i had a key i would prob be playing non stop ><. Showing you all how its doen :D

chris277139
03-19-2010, 10:00 AM
OK I will wait:)

blackfang
03-19-2010, 10:24 AM
actually you should not just wait for the beta key, you should be active and nice and then you might be one of the lucky ones to be picked from the forum if not then you can always hang around for open beta:D

Henry Martin
03-19-2010, 11:37 PM

LOL.

Everyones jealous of the cool guy on the block. The world is no different.

Sauron_9Gods9_Ldr
03-20-2010, 10:40 AM
Is there any way I can get into the beta I'm really tired of getting locked out of these things if its possible anyway to prove ill be a worthy beta tester considering iv stayed with this forum checking for like a year :/ there should be some sort of reward for looking at this place waiting on its awesomeness :/. Also is there anyway I can talk to any staff not including the mods here.

welshie
03-20-2010, 10:42 AM
Is there any way I can get into the beta I'm really tired of getting locked out of these things if its possible anyway to prove ill be a worthy beta tester considering iv stayed with this forum checking for like a year :/ there should be some sort of reward for looking at this place waiting on its awesomeness :/.

If it was like that then i think most people active would be there. I think there has been talk about people who have been on the fourms for a certian period of time and Posted a Reply or thread on the fourms are first to be given access to open beta :)

Sauron_9Gods9_Ldr
03-20-2010, 10:47 AM
Sigh thatís still insulting to me anyways. I was looking forward to help this game out by testing but I suppose since I did' wish to compete not in a contest I wont get in. If there's anyway now where I can get in please link me.

otomotopia
03-20-2010, 11:18 AM
To put it bluntly, actions speak louder then words. If you participate within conversations and contribute worthwhile suggestions and your own view on things, you get your name out as a game-savvy player who can contribute to the game, and you have a much better chance of being accepted early. Content is king here :o

Sauron_9Gods9_Ldr
03-20-2010, 11:29 AM
I don't think it worth time spending to kill myself over something that's released in a day or so and i wont get in. I'm still mad through that one of the staff doesn't remember me through :( its been 3 years through it wouldn't surprise me

Kaznafein
03-20-2010, 11:40 AM
well i know i signed up before the date to get into beta dont have an email ethier. So if I'm supposed to have one I'd like one thanks.

metman
03-20-2010, 11:41 AM
well i know i signed up before the date to get into beta dont have an email ethier. So if I'm supposed to have one I'd like one thanks.

Don't hold me to it but I believe that date was for the open beta, which they have not sent anything out for.

Kaznafein
03-20-2010, 11:43 AM
O okay lol thanks

otomotopia
03-20-2010, 11:46 AM
I don't think it worth time spending to kill myself over something that's released in a day or so and i wont get in. I'm still mad through that one of the staff doesn't remember me through :( its been 3 years through it wouldn't surprise me

What are you talking about? Only a hundred people are getting in for the first month. Thats ridiculously tiny. You've got a full month to get into the beta. Two to three post a day is a great goal that's easily reached.

Negthareas
03-20-2010, 03:23 PM
It is not that hard to rack up a record. I have been here since Christmans [3 months] and I am nearing 300 posts, most of which I think were to the point and good suggestions or comments. I am not trying to boast or anything, just pointing that out. There are others like me, who have been on this forum much longer, and have contributed lots more.

If you don't get in with them in the first or second beta, don't complain if you have been mostly silent and non-contributional.

Justin
03-20-2010, 04:00 PM
If you don't get in with them in the first or second beta, don't complain if you have been mostly silent and non-contributional.
I'd take quality of quantity any day as long as is not like 1 quality post total.

Negthareas
03-20-2010, 07:08 PM
yes, quality always trumps quantity. Spammers... not gonna get beta key, I think.

welshie
03-21-2010, 01:26 AM
With all forums this applies! and good for them to, who would want spammers testing your game? Betas are a chance to see how the game handles with the aspect of game play and the beta players need to relay all the errors and not-so-good aspect so they change be altered for release, where spam is just annoying for devs to read as im sure they already know they have an awsome game on their hands. Its one of the reasons my post count is low over my 2 years :)

blackfang
03-21-2010, 05:35 AM
I guess you could call me a spammer (look at my posting:) And i got a beta key, however i normally only post to stuff that interest me:rolleyes: Also i got it through a contest:p

Supreme
03-21-2010, 10:09 AM
Lets not reduce this forum to a place of self-pity and saying the obvious over and over and over again.

My 2 cranky cents.

otomotopia
03-21-2010, 10:26 AM
Lets not reduce this forum to a place of self-pity and saying the obvious over and over and over again.

My 2 cranky cents.

Ah well. As long as people are lazy, threads like this will exist forever.

Sauron_9Gods9_Ldr
03-21-2010, 12:29 PM
I donít have to give suggestion that they wont look at because I know they wont use mine. I trust my aom buddies and I donít post a lot because well maybe I donít like spamming. :/(I bet ill get warned for this haha) You through should be given something through for staying with the community but I guess its fair since they didn't know some people don't post a lot.

wills370
03-21-2010, 12:43 PM
I donít have to give suggestion that wont look at because I know they wont use mine. I trust my aom buddies and I donít post a lot because well maybe I donít like spamming. :/(I bet ill get warned for this haha) You through should be given something through for staying with the community but I guess its fair since they didn't know I was staying with them with lack of post so far point.

Posts is the only real way of measuring a players activity otherwise you coulde have a playter who has been here since the forum opened and has only participated once in a blue moon into anything worthwhile getting preferance over thoose who have activly posted day in day out not "spamming" but being constructive. Like many here who names you would rpobably recognise.

I know it is a mean and possibly not the right way of looking at it but it sorts out those commited to the project with those who are just riding the band wagon.

otomotopia
03-21-2010, 01:29 PM
I donít have to give suggestion that wont look at because I know they wont use mine. I trust my aom buddies and I donít post a lot because well maybe I donít like spamming.

You never have to do anything, but they use anything that sounds good. You're a potential customer, just like in those Win7 commercials. And anything constructive is not spam. 10 post a day thats constructive is not spam, its just posting wayy more then anyone expects, lol.

Negthareas
03-21-2010, 06:51 PM
Ten posts is not too much, as long as they are insightful.

otomotopia
03-21-2010, 08:03 PM
10 post a day thats constructive is not spam, its just posting wayy more then anyone expects, lol.

I agree, its not too much.

Supreme
03-22-2010, 03:03 AM

On deaf ears, this message fallen has.

nickson104
03-22-2010, 02:38 PM
On deaf ears, this message fallen has.

Indeed, its amusing though :) :p They are right though, all posts are worthwhile as long as they are valid or not advertising... :)

Alex Walz
03-22-2010, 08:20 PM
Change of plans. Unless otherwise noted, we will not be sending out the NDA via email. Instead, it will all be automated within our custom updater utility and you will have to agree to the terms before downloading the game. However, we probably still will ask for your system specs.

otomotopia
03-22-2010, 08:26 PM
Change of plans. Unless otherwise noted, we will not be sending out the NDA via email. Instead, it will all be automated within our custom updater utility and you will have to agree to the terms before downloading the game. However, we probably still will ask for your system specs.

Good, that's a great addition to the client.

wills370
03-23-2010, 02:40 AM

Great. Think that will save alot of confusion. Anychance you know how roughly much longer it will be?

metman
03-23-2010, 12:53 PM
Great. Think that will save alot of confusion. Anychance you know how roughly much longer it will be?

That is the golden question. :D

Supreme
03-24-2010, 11:11 AM
In before the inevitable qq about this "golden" question.

Catabre
03-24-2010, 09:05 PM
Has Blatant sent you the list of trivia contest beta keys yet?

I should actually ask Blatant. Off I got to email him.

amos106
03-25-2010, 01:30 PM
I won a second key in the trivia contest, I signed up for both that contest and referral contest and ended up wining both, would it be okay to give my second key to a friend? If not I'm sure there are other deserving people on the forum.

metman
03-25-2010, 01:39 PM
I was wondering the exact same thing. :D

nickson104
03-25-2010, 06:02 PM
I won a second key in the trivia contest, I signed up for both that contest and referral contest and ended up wining both, would it be okay to give my second key to a friend? If not I'm sure there are other deserving people on the forum.

I think the same rule applies as did for all other contests, if you win a key you cannot win another, it goes to the next person in line... Many still participated anyway for fun :)

welshie
03-26-2010, 02:03 AM
Thing is with most of the contests it requires a bit of digging and searching, or requires time and effort to get beta keys, just to assess how much they would like it. Though i dont see a problem with giving it to a friend, reverie would be giving a beta stop to someone unknown and therefor does not know if they would give good/bad feedback.

My advice get him to the fourms!

Unen
03-26-2010, 10:13 AM
Thing is with most of the contests it requires a bit of digging and searching, or requires time and effort to get beta keys, just to assess how much they would like it. Though i dont see a problem with giving it to a friend, reverie would be giving a beta stop to someone unknown and therefor does not know if they would give good/bad feedback.

My advice get him to the fourms!

I agree completely.

amos106
03-26-2010, 01:46 PM
He is on the forums, we both entered the contest but I won instead of him when I had already won a key

http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/member.php?u=1698

metman
03-27-2010, 12:22 PM
Hey I was just reading over the Starcraft beta test agreement and their's says you must be an adult in your country of residence is the same true for this game?

Supreme
03-29-2010, 08:15 AM
Does it matter? I mean...really? Or dont you ever lie over the internetz?

blackfang
03-29-2010, 09:18 AM
yeah its not like anyone really cares about ages over the internet, try doing it in real life instead and you will see the difference in security:rolleyes:

LiTos456
03-29-2010, 11:17 AM
I think the same rule applies as did for all other contests, if you win a key you cannot win another, it goes to the next person in line... Many still participated anyway for fun :)

What nickson said.
If you won a second key than the contest hoster made a mistake. If you've already won something, you're not really allowed to win anything else. That goes for all websites across the whole DoF community. In some cases you may be able to enter another contest, but if you win, it goes to the next person in line.

metman
03-29-2010, 11:25 AM
Does it matter? I mean...really? Or dont you ever lie over the internetz?

No it doesn't matter at all I was just wondering because if it was included it would be extremely pointless. :)

welshie
03-29-2010, 12:53 PM
No it doesn't matter at all I was just wondering because if it was included it would be extremely pointless. :)

Aww common dont give in! there is a point, i mean in a beta wouldnt you prefer some sort of protection against 10 year olds spamming and crowding the place. I know you can easily just lie, but tbh if their parents knew of this and it said something like 18+ only im sure they would try to do something, unless ofc they plan to rob the beta off them and use it them selves (thats what i would do) but at the end of the day, a little protection even though it might be worthless is better than none. Anyways a under 16 cannot sign a legily binding contrat, so therefor to provide none isnt that a bit naughty?

metman
03-29-2010, 01:09 PM
If you think about it there really is no point. Quite honestly there are a lot more teenagers that are a lot more intelligent and productive than some adults. Most people have this belief that if you are a certain age you are somehow more mature and inteligent than everyone who is younger than them. Everyone is different being a certain age doesn't make you something you weren't before your 18th birthday. Sorry its off topic but I felt it needed to be said. :)

Negthareas
03-29-2010, 01:28 PM
Well, I do not doubt that there are many intelligent teenagers, and I do not doubt that there are many unintelligent adults. But I do doubt that, in general, teenagers are more mature and mentally developed than adults. I say this, myself being a teenager...well, almost adult.

I think that there are a lot more immature teenagers out there than there are adults, though I think this difference has been lessening by leaps and bounds over the years. Adults are becoming less mature - it is not the teenagers becoming more so.

[sorry, that was kind of really off topic too]

GPS51
03-29-2010, 01:36 PM
Hey did you know that the brain physically finished maturing at 24 years of age? This is why insurance companies lower car insurance rates about that time. A scientific fact. Having had several brain injuries I know about such things.

Negthareas
03-29-2010, 01:41 PM
Er - right. But it is true, the foward segment of the brain [don't ask me to remember what it is called] that deals with judgement takes much longer to develop than the rest of the brain in males. hence, you end up with a lot of teenage males doing stupid things and getting themselves killed. Was it their fault? yes and no. They still decided, but it would have been much worse if a mature man to make the same decision.

metman
03-29-2010, 02:05 PM
This really wasn't supposed to be an age debate I was just wondering if that was going to be incorporated into this beta. By the way I am talking about the closed beta. I thought I should add this because regardless of age for the closed beta we all pretty much know anyone in it is pretty reliable.

Negthareas
03-29-2010, 02:16 PM
Sorry - I don't know. There is not much of a way it could be enforced, and, after all, it would be an open beta. That is one reason though, I wanted very flexible settings for chat. Nothing like having it filled up with spam while you are trying to coordinate four pronged attacks, you know?

zach12wqasxz
03-30-2010, 11:02 AM
any updates on the beta? i think the email said that the first stage beta was to start in like the first week of march, its now 1 day till April so i was a tad bit curious
sorry i couldn't resist asking the question any longer :D

Gleem
03-30-2010, 12:35 PM
They'll make an official announcement in the news courier when they start stage 1 beta. We're just as excited as you, just gotta be patient :D

GPS51
03-30-2010, 12:56 PM
Yeah Alex said that they had to finish polishing up the model of the game they're shopping to potential publishers which took up a good bit of this month. But he seemed to indicate that they finished that up and are now back to working on the beta release.

Negthareas
03-30-2010, 02:20 PM
The sooner the beta.

nickson104
03-30-2010, 04:29 PM
The sooner the beta.

Pun much? :p 'sooner the better' + 'beta' XD

we want the beta soon too :) Hopefully for the Easter holidays (Friday onwards for 2 weeks :))

Azrayne
03-31-2010, 05:27 AM
Hi there! I also didn't received the Closed Beta email.
I won my key in this event: http://www.gamesource.it/contest/Dawn-of-Fantasy-Beta-Contest-43.html

Thanks in advance :P

LiTos456
03-31-2010, 11:47 AM
Man, those contests are easy. Which stage of beta are you entering to with those keys?

Azrayne
03-31-2010, 12:30 PM
Man, those contests are easy. Which stage of beta are you entering to with those keys?

Don't know really. Do as you wish ;D

LiTos456
03-31-2010, 02:55 PM
I think that one puts you in 3rd stage. Or as far as I remember. No way those few questions would let you get in first! :p We had some serious contests going back on DoFS and HG, would be unfair for those who put more effort into large entries.

otomotopia
03-31-2010, 03:20 PM
I think that one puts you in 3rd stage. Or as far as I remember. No way those few questions would let you get in first! :p We had some serious contests going back on DoFS and HG, would be unfair for those who put more effort into large entries.

Grats on your thousandth post!

He is getting into 3rd stage, yes, but the 3rd stagers also should have gotten a newsletter.

Azrayne
03-31-2010, 04:07 PM
Well, then a newsletter by email would be great for now.
Thanks for answers :D

OrcRampage22
04-03-2010, 03:24 PM
when is this game coming out already

GPS51
04-03-2010, 04:34 PM
Well I'd guess 3rd or 4th quarter of this year.

Henry Martin
04-03-2010, 06:17 PM
when is this game coming out already

Its not up to the devs to decide when this game is coming out. The publisher decides when games come out.

They will say when the game is released in due time. Also remember thay making games is not a walk in the park(especially with a small dev team).

LiTos456
04-04-2010, 09:34 PM
Alex, I PMed you again about one of my staff members not getting an email, you hadn't seemed to have sent it, so can you please do so, thank you.

Darkhinilus
04-09-2010, 08:46 AM
did anyone from the refferal contest receive his beta key yet? Because I havent been on for quite some weeks sins I got bussy with rl stuff but if im right two weeks have already passed. (Just A little worried :) )

Unen
04-09-2010, 08:58 AM
did anyone from the refferal contest receive his beta key yet? Because I havent been on for quite some weeks sins I got bussy with rl stuff but if im right two weeks have already passed. (Just A little worried :) )

No ones gotten a key yet. The only thing we have received was the initial email confirming that we did get into a beta stage, but not keys/clients yet.

Darkhinilus
04-09-2010, 11:08 AM
aha oke ty for the update havent been on much lately :)

Negthareas
04-09-2010, 02:52 PM
Have the emails been sent out for those that won the Gamesource Contest?

Red Ranger
04-10-2010, 09:12 PM
Have the emails been sent out for those that won the Gamesource Contest?

I havn't gotten mine yet.

Raulaun
04-16-2010, 11:03 PM
I'm generally not a good team player, so when it comes to referring people, I'm not very persuasive. Hopefully there will be more random drawings or key handouts, maybe through MMORPG.com (The spot I go to for all my betas.)

The ironic and unfortunate thing is, I tend to play a game for 1-2 weeks than quit, and find another free beta due to boredom. I hope that i can stay with DoF forever. I enjoy RTS's the most out of all the games and revel in games such as Saga and Warcraft.

Warcraft is classic. <- <3

Negthareas
04-17-2010, 08:28 AM
Warcraft is classic. <- <3

Chose your words wisely Raulaun - just because I know Warcraft does not have a good name around here,for various reasons. Me? I never got into it, so I don't have an opinion.

Darkes
04-17-2010, 11:38 AM
Awww I want a beta key =(

Raulaun
04-17-2010, 01:20 PM
It's understandable with the horrible, illiterate community of warcraft 3 that people hate it, I never join public games, I have an RP clan filled with 30 yr old men that may or may not live in their parent's basement.

Gleem
04-17-2010, 02:46 PM
I was going to ask why you guys hate Warcraft, but then you brought up online play. See I love the single players of Warcraft I-III. Great stories.

welshie
04-17-2010, 04:45 PM
I was going to ask why you guys hate Warcraft, but then you brought up online play. See I love the single players of Warcraft I-III. Great stories.

Oversized units small world and small pop cap..... thats why i hate it,

Gleem
04-17-2010, 09:37 PM
2 out of 3 (cap and map size) are things I hate about it as well. I loves me some Command and Conquer because of the unit cap, aka your ram capacity.

Alex Walz
04-19-2010, 09:18 PM
I'm really sorry, as is Kon and the rest of RWS, but everyone on the team was forced to put their 1.04 beta schedules behind them and work on an emergency build as per a publisher's request. So at this time, I cannot say anything about the CB, but I will try my best to keep you updated. This build won't take too long, and on the bright side, you can look forward to hearing news of a brand new game mode upon completion.

GPS51
04-19-2010, 09:57 PM
Ah publishers ....what can we say that would be nice about them ;). That they help put out games i guess. Does the game get more polished with each emergency publisher build? Do the publishers enjoy playing these games? I suppose someone tries them out somewhere?

Alex Walz
04-19-2010, 10:03 PM
Actually, the publishers we've talked to have had very good thoughts about the game and have had several people reviewing them. In the past, we've sent out highly-polished milestone builds to the publishers, but this time we're working on adding a whole new feature, which they suspect will appeal to a greater audience. Publishers are crucial, but sometimes you just have to be patient. :)

We understand that all of you have been very patient already and are the best fans we could ask for, so we hope that this emergency build won't deter your spirits. We'll have some good Fantasy Fridays to look forward to in the mean time, including a first look into some of the special formations unique to each human and orc unit.

GPS51
04-19-2010, 10:06 PM
Well the last few FFs have been first rate crackers, I hope the next few are as good. Is the release still on for this year?

Alex Walz
04-19-2010, 10:11 PM
I'd say it's highly likely. Most of our publisher options won't pay if we don't get it out this year... so that's some incentive. :p I'm not giving any absolutes, but I'd say it's a very, very good chance.

GPS51
04-19-2010, 10:15 PM
Well don't worry we'll still be around. Keep pluggin away and we look forward to good results. Endurance and Victory!

Henry Martin
04-19-2010, 10:25 PM
Oooo..a build for the publisher. Sound like some possible good news for the company and fans. Hope we hears some good news soon.

My group has a build that we have to present on Wednesday. Wish us good luck:).

Alex Walz
04-19-2010, 10:38 PM
Good luck. =]
What group is this?

Henry Martin
04-20-2010, 05:08 AM
Good luck. =]
What group is this?

O nothing special just my group at school. But getting good comments means we are doing something right and better chances of getting hired. Are teacher has been on us about our game. He is a pretty seasoned guy from the game industry and really funny.

Puppeteer
04-20-2010, 01:36 PM
Well it'd be best for me if you released the beta around the 15th of June (my last exam), or after 7th of August (back from my month away). KTHXBAI :D

I'm looking forward to this 'new feature'. Sounds... intriguing.

sneaky_squirrel
04-20-2010, 04:03 PM
The more polished the better ;p.

LiTos456
04-21-2010, 01:11 PM
Well it'd be best for me if you released the beta around the 15th of June (my last exam), or after 7th of August (back from my month away). KTHXBAI :D

I'm looking forward to this 'new feature'. Sounds... intriguing.

Doubt it. I don't think it'll take them til June to release it.
At least from what I hear.

Henry Martin
04-21-2010, 10:19 PM
Good luck. =]
What group is this?

Thanks.

We ended up with a 'B' on our build. He said our game has potential, but needs work. The GUI needs work, art needs to stand out more(to bland, said it look like a russian waste land with and old womans house in the middle, lol). Said the functionality was there and that we need to work on the art now.

GPS51
04-26-2010, 12:02 AM
krabs how long do you have to finish the game? Is this an idea that will die with the end of school or will it continue after that?

Henry Martin
04-26-2010, 06:46 AM
krabs how long do you have to finish the game? Is this an idea that will die with the end of school or will it continue after that?

We have 6 months to complete it(2 quarters). Its the middle of the second quarter(about 4 weeks left). The project will end at the end of the 4 weeks. I personally don't like the game and I won't continue on it after the class, so yes it will probably die(I don't think others want to work on it afterward either).

Its an RTS like Majesty series.

I did work on another game that the group I was with wants to continue on(there was 4 people in the group including me).

Gleem
04-29-2010, 11:57 AM
Lol Krabs, I read that and thought you were giving up on DoF, until I realized you mean your own game for school.

Yami-Yagari
04-29-2010, 12:07 PM
We have 6 months to complete it(2 quarters). Its the middle of the second quarter(about 4 weeks left). The project will end at the end of the 4 weeks. I personally don't like the game and I won't continue on it after the class, so yes it will probably die(I don't think others want to work on it afterward either).

Its an RTS like Majesty series.

I did work on another game that the group I was with wants to continue on(there was 4 people in the group including me).

Yeah, if you have to work on a game you don't like, you won't perform well and it will turn into a very bad game.

Henry Martin
04-29-2010, 10:36 PM
Yeah, if you have to work on a game you don't like, you won't perform well and it will turn into a very bad game.

True, though the game is coming along. We just had to make some major changes/cutback for presentation reasons, which I'm doing this weekend. I want the game to come out good for portfolio reason, but beyond that...meh.

Negthareas
05-04-2010, 07:45 PM
In a recent thread, Aemerathar...[sorry if I spelled that wrong] said that the beta keys had not been sent out, but that the email lists had been confirmed... I was awarded a third beta key by the Italion questionaire competition [Gamespot?] but have not received any email.

Aametherar
05-04-2010, 08:57 PM
In a recent thread, Aemerathar...[sorry if I spelled that wrong] said that the beta keys had not been sent out, but that the email lists had been confirmed... I was awarded a third beta key by the Italion questionaire competition [Gamespot?] but have not received any email.

If you already got an actual key i'm sure you have nothing to worry about XD, you got it through a diff source is all.

Negthareas
05-05-2010, 10:51 AM
I never got the key - I believe Gamespot was hosting the competition, but DoF still distributed the keys [or plans to].

LiTos456
05-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Gamespot had a DoF contest?
Doesn't gamespot think the game's cancelled?

Henry Martin
05-05-2010, 01:59 PM
Gamespot had a DoF contest?
Doesn't gamespot think the game's cancelled?

No, they have it as a Q2(2010) release. But I didn't know they had a contest:confused:?

Yami-Yagari
05-05-2010, 02:20 PM
No, they have it as a Q2(2010) release. But I didn't know they had a contest:confused:?

they had a contest? :confused:
never noticed.

LiTos456
05-05-2010, 02:22 PM
I think he mixed it up with something else (maybe that Italian website, it was called game-something I think).
This was never announced here... so I think he mixed it up with something else.

Unen
05-05-2010, 04:59 PM
Pretty sure hes talking about the "Gamesource.it" contest which is two or three posts down if you look in this forum.

LiTos456
05-05-2010, 07:05 PM
Yeah, that's the one. Cheers.

Negthareas
05-05-2010, 08:09 PM
Pretty sure hes talking about the "Gamesource.it" contest which is two or three posts down if you look in this forum.

Yes -sorry about that.

mikeyz7
06-02-2010, 11:52 AM
how to get a beta key? i am waiting for this game since the beginning, then i got sick a few weeks, then i got better and now suddenly there is a closed beta? is there any chance that i can get a key?
kind regards

Yami-Yagari
06-02-2010, 12:26 PM
Closed Beta aint begone yet(hopefully soon). You could have gotten a beta key with contests, but there won't be any contests for a while now.

otomotopia
06-02-2010, 01:11 PM
how to get a beta key? i am waiting for this game since the beginning, then i got sick a few weeks, then i got better and now suddenly there is a closed beta? is there any chance that i can get a key?
kind regards

You do realize that you joined today, right?

Yami-Yagari
06-02-2010, 02:24 PM
Ok, thats both creepy and a little sad tbh :eek:.

metman
06-02-2010, 08:23 PM
I guess he must have been following as a guest.

GPS51
06-02-2010, 09:33 PM
*looks over shoulder* oh it's just the orcs...

Henry Martin
06-03-2010, 12:43 AM
kind regards

You probably have noticed that the Beta starts june 21st. So I think you'll have to wait until the open beta (thats when they invite a lot of people).

Daermoth
06-03-2010, 12:59 AM
Where did it say it starts June 21st? o.O

Puppeteer
06-03-2010, 03:19 AM
Here (http://reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1457)

mikeyz7
06-03-2010, 04:48 AM
ok thx for letting me know :)

firefish9
06-21-2010, 01:19 PM
Heya, if this is for all beta testers... i signed up...way back when you guys still planned on having dragons... If I was not intended to recive a key, thats cool. just checkin

nickson104
06-23-2010, 02:41 PM
Heya, if this is for all beta testers... i signed up...way back when you guys still planned on having dragons... If I was not intended to recive a key, thats cool. just checkin

Actually, judging by the date you joined the forums, I'm pretty sure dragons had already been scrapped by then... :p But good luck getting hold of a key, you will at least be in beta stage 3/4 when all forum members can take part

Kaeleb
06-25-2010, 06:11 AM
I'm not "really" sure but i do remember something in the lines of the oldest Forums members having Beta access to one of the CBTs , maybe it was changed but i personally didn't get a key .

drmemelo
07-13-2010, 10:39 AM
this is great finally is getting closer i love this game

Landini
07-23-2010, 09:02 AM
Hallo,

I have one question. Is there anyway a chance to get a beta tester now? I am really really interessted in that game. I loved emprie earth and I am really sad that the 2. but mainly the third part was so bad and that there is no 4th one coming. So my hope is that game to find an complex strategy game. My Email is Spielor-KL@t-online.de

Supreme
07-23-2010, 11:37 AM
You can just participate in one of the, very doable, contests.

Trifler
09-24-2010, 10:35 PM
I received the e-mail, but it was at my old e-mail address. I updated my e-mail address in my User CP here in the forums. Is that all I need to do or is there someplace else I need to update my e-mail address?

LiTos456
09-25-2010, 04:44 PM
As far as I know no, I recommend you notify Alex Walz over PM about your new email.