PDA

View Full Version : Browser Based games

Arctopus
02-25-2010, 02:27 PM
heya, I'm looking for some browser based games to play.
I've played the following:

www.kingsofchaos.com
www.darkthrone.com
www.ogame.com
www.slavehack.com
lots of tribal wars style games, I hate those.
does anyone know some?
also, I'd love to hear of another game like Slavehack.

blackfang
02-25-2010, 05:21 PM
travian... its terrible but try it anyways...

Kire
02-25-2010, 06:33 PM
Yes, as i played/tried this kind of games, travian was best (tho still sucky =P).

blackfang
02-26-2010, 12:47 AM
travian got the most realistic anyways:)

zach12wqasxz
02-26-2010, 12:50 AM
all browswer based games are crap IMO

Josh Warner
02-26-2010, 02:01 AM
heya, I'm looking for some browser based games to play.
I've played the following:

www.kingsofchaos.com
www.darkthrone.com
www.ogame.com
www.slavehack.com
lots of tribal wars style games, I hate those.
does anyone know some?
also, I'd love to hear of another game like Slavehack.

Slavehack was moderately interesting for a weekend. Then I got bored of it. It's arguably as far as the concept goes the best and most creative browser game I've played, just didn't keep me very long for various reasons.

Travian is the best browser game of it's kind, compared to say tribal wars evony ikarium etc. I don't like it, but it's definitely higher quality than any of the other knock-offs of it.

welshie
02-26-2010, 04:22 AM
im sure ima get flamed for mentioning this but, a good free RPG is Runescape..

blackfang
02-26-2010, 08:27 AM
don't worry, everyone has played it. Its the best "Browse based" game for a time, however it really is tragic. Its just that browse based games are not that good for now... in two years however they will be much better.

However another game i believe got a chance would be http://www.verbatim.jp/senshuken/ ITs really fun, but it gets kinda boring after 2000 battles...

Unen
02-26-2010, 09:00 AM
Its just that browse based games are not that good for now... .
I doubt they will be good until a private group of bored gamers decide to make one. The majority of BBGs ive seen and played are just there to earn cash, such as Evony and runescape, they're all about shady micro-transactions not to mention they're owned by a very very shady WoW gold company.

blackfang
02-26-2010, 12:08 PM
kings of chaos was awesome, i have played it only a little and i rose a lot in ranks and got a lot of soldiers. Also in one pillage i got enough to upgrade everything a lot too:D

The_Biz
02-26-2010, 09:35 PM
quake live

it's kind of cheating because it uses a plugin.. but you can play it in your browser just like anything else

LiTos456
02-26-2010, 11:01 PM
I used to play Eragon Online a lot a long time ago. Heheh. Good times.

Justin
02-26-2010, 11:26 PM
Runescape lol, it sucks just like most any browser based game, I thought one was decent but I can't remember what it was called, essentially what made it unique was they stripped it down to bare bones, attack ships, defense ships, planets, resource production, the point is it was different and a new concept, a browser game without all the crap, also it was totally free no pay upgrades.

wills370
03-01-2010, 01:51 AM
Tribal wars i found was good fun for a while. Especially i you take an active part in managment and become a leader (expirience recomended).

Battleon is also good (adventure quest),

Arctopus
03-01-2010, 11:14 AM
I just found this game 'Minge Things'.
It's pretty fun, you should check it out ^_^

www.minethings.com

Aametherar
03-01-2010, 07:03 PM
I play Torn City, i'm a mod in World of Ruins, but I can't say the game itself is great, mainly because I like large communities which that game doesn't have. I play Torn because of the community.

DarkMaster
03-01-2010, 08:22 PM
Astro Empires (astroempires.com) is really fun if you have time on your hands. However, you really need to be experienced to do well (first timers often lose every battle) and you really need a lot of time on your hands (an hour a day at the minimum is what I found). Of course, then there's the advantages that P2P'ers get over F2P'ers. All in all, though, a fun game. Just make sure you join a well-run guild (when I was there, we were the smallest yet most powerful one in the galaxy! muahaha).