PDA

View Full Version : Teaser Time!

Henry Martin
02-22-2010, 08:16 AM
Alex: "Earlier today, I put together this seemingly simple screenshot of a small pavilion deep within one of Teria's forests.

However - don't let looks deceive you. In creating this screenshot, I chose to show off one of my favorite tools of the DOF scenario design editor. With this tool, scenario designers can make whatever they want - if you can dream it, you can build it. See if you can figure out the functions of this tool and what I used it for!"

link:
http://dof.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=42&tn=65&st=recent

After the few post I wanted to guess at it.

Is it like the brush/shape tool in UnrealEd and some other editors.? you can make simple to complex(not recommended) shapes with it.

blackfang
02-22-2010, 08:43 AM
i am just guessing you meant taser time?
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/10/08/us/taser.533.1.jpg

willrockyo1
02-22-2010, 10:12 AM
Alex: "Earlier today, I put together this seemingly simple screenshot of a small pavilion deep within one of Teria's forests.

However - don't let looks deceive you. In creating this screenshot, I chose to show off one of my favorite tools of the DOF scenario design editor. With this tool, scenario designers can make whatever they want - if you can dream it, you can build it. See if you can figure out the functions of this tool and what I used it for!"

link:
http://dof.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=42&tn=65&st=recent

After the few post I wanted to guess at it.

Is it like the brush/shape tool in UnrealEd and some other editors.? you can make simple to complex(not recommended) shapes with it.

Wow that's hot! Most RTS's I play, some of the most enjoyable scenarios are player created. Having an innovative map editor is just sooo clutch. I wonder if we can do other scenarios too, like make random enemies spawn on the map, like a survivalist kind of deal

Alex Walz
02-22-2010, 03:35 PM
Players will have access to all of the tools the devs use, except for possibly Photoshop and advanced modeling software. So yes, you'll be able to make random survivals and any other map you can think of.

HolyPollo
02-22-2010, 03:41 PM
Man I can already see the hours I will sink into making a good map while my MMORTS army lies in neglect. It's one thing making an addicting format that people enjoy playing, and quite another to make the above with mouth watering visuals like that!

Henry Martin
02-22-2010, 05:19 PM
Players will have access to all of the tools the devs use, except for possibly Photoshop and advanced modeling software. So yes, you'll be able to make random survivals and any other map you can think of.

Luckily I have access to Photoshop and 3 advanced modeling software(max,softimage,maya). No its ilegally, I own the those products which are expensive.

Was I right or wrong?

Alex Walz
02-22-2010, 08:45 PM
I'm not sure I understood you. Are you referring to a terrain tool, or a model editor?

Henry Martin
02-23-2010, 05:46 PM
If you ever used any none RTS editor there is a tool that you can make simple geomatry in the editor(most nonRTS editors have one, but I don't know if all have them). In the UnrealEd its called the Brush tool. UnrealEd, Hammer editor, Sandbox(2) editor(crysis 2) have it.

I saw what the answer was earlier. I was way off.

Negthareas
02-23-2010, 06:37 PM
I really will enjoy using that tool. It makes me that much more excited about the game.

welshie
02-24-2010, 03:30 AM
thats a really good idea, and will make it stand out compaired to other companys :)