PDA

View Full Version : RP. Anyone else like it?

EmpressHebihime
02-14-2010, 12:15 PM
Hello!
Watashi Hebihime!(My name is Hebihime)
I'm Rper and good lore lover. And I would love to Rp on the forums or in-game in DoF. But I wonder... Does anyone else like Rp too?

Alex Walz
02-14-2010, 12:27 PM
I like the mafia and werewolf games, but not regular old forum RPGs.

blackfang
02-14-2010, 12:27 PM
rp as in role playing, i am not sure. Never done it

ash12181987
02-14-2010, 01:09 PM
In short, yes.

In long, yes but only if it is a good setting with a well thought out story, a rich history in place, a huge sprawling world, and a decent sized player base. That way one can never bore due to RPing with the same 4 people, always have something new to explore, and can allow for a player reset without too much impact on your surroundings. I am only an online player too, not D&D P&P. That said, may I mention I'm all for a good imagination, but only if it doesn't influence your actual Life, which as much as I hate to admit, I see happen to alot of P&P people.

Darvin
02-14-2010, 01:14 PM
Tried it before; never got it to work. Invariably you'd have people dropping out and others trying to hog it up.

welshie
02-14-2010, 02:21 PM
I like RP if u mean going round each others houses and 'Role Playing' there *wink wink nudge nudge!*

Well after that, Rp doesnt really do it for me expecialy in MMo's just because you never get the name you want and its almost never like it would be. Although given the right lore and settings i think it would be good thing to have other than that, if its not at some random girls house 'role playing' ill pass :)

sneaky_squirrel
02-14-2010, 05:47 PM
I like to RP, mostly because it lets me get creative (Make my own world with no one stopping me).

I don't like RPing on forums though, I like to do it ingame or in a chat so it can be more fluid.

EmpressHebihime
02-14-2010, 05:49 PM
I like RP if u mean going round each others houses and 'Role Playing' there *wink wink nudge nudge!*
if its not at some random girls house 'role playing' ill pass :)

That is not really the Rp I do and btw that was just a terrible thing to say.

Negthareas
02-14-2010, 08:00 PM
I never really got into RP. Liked RTS a lot better.

Darathor
02-14-2010, 08:42 PM
Role-playing is fun, I like it.

Jean=A=Luc
02-14-2010, 08:43 PM
I'm willing to try to an extent but like Darvin said it's pretty hard to keep up in most cases.

And I'm not sure how much an RTS game like DoF lends itself to RP-ing though it's certainly possible.

ash12181987
02-14-2010, 09:57 PM
I like RP if u mean going round each others houses and 'Role Playing' there *wink wink nudge nudge!*That is not really the Rp I do and btw that was just a terrible thing to say.
Only if your a neighbour, and the Windows are open. Heyooo

welshie
02-15-2010, 12:12 AM
That is not really the Rp I do and btw that was just a terrible thing to say.

Terrible? please enlighten me...

raving
02-15-2010, 02:22 AM
I'm willing to try to an extent but like Darvin said it's pretty hard to keep up in most cases.

And I'm not sure how much an RTS game like DoF lends itself to RP-ing though it's certainly possible.
rp is fun if you got an good imagination :), but you have to keep ur facts straight :p, cant go telling ur mom died during a orc raid and then go off that ur mother died in an avalanche (just to give examples ><) :p

EmpressHebihime
02-15-2010, 05:50 AM
Ye, exactly.
And Jean in DoF it is actually possible that you can Rp with trades, wars etc. that you speak as the leader/king/queen of your people.

LiTos456
02-15-2010, 09:07 AM
I used to do a lot of RPing. That was such a long time ago I almost forgot what it's like. Hand't RPed for ages now, but it was fun.

blackfang
02-15-2010, 02:32 PM
I rp'ed in wow just for fun, made me get alot of free stuff like enchants. Tough had to use my cooking skills for the good of the family:eek: Terrible:(