PDA

View Full Version : Hey everyone.

otomotopia
02-10-2010, 01:55 PM
Well, this isn't my first post... that was my story I made before realizing i did not post an introduction... oh well.

So hey! I'm a future game design student from the North East of the US (And yes, its snowing like crazy). I love MMOs and RTSs, so the fact that someone is FINALLY making a true, persistant, AAA MMORTS is naturally enough to get me to love this game already. However, seeing the numerous trailers and SS's gave me a further reason to be excited.

I've done all types of RTSs- Battlestations series, SoaSE, CoH, CC2/generals/3, Starcraft, The entire TW series, The Guild, AoE1-3/Myth, and Settlers 4-7.

Same thing for MMOs: WoW, RS, Sword of the New word, Planetside (2004-2007/2009), Darkfall, Mortal Online, Tribal wars, and a bunch other I can't remember.

I can't wait to talk to you guys further about what looks like an amazing game!

Henry Martin
02-10-2010, 02:04 PM
Hey welcome. I haven't read your story but I plan on it. I am a game design/dev student myself from the midwest of US.

blackfang
02-10-2010, 02:13 PM
does sword of the new world still work? i cant get it to:eek: I loved that game before but then i reached lvl 20 and it was not that fun with nonpaying account. I played planetside as a sniper and got lots of kills due to that but i never won a match before so i ended up quitting (i hate getting no results) i also played wow but i quit after the first half year since that was enough. Well i played every game you have there, except the guild. And as not to be rude i will say welcome:D

otomotopia
02-10-2010, 02:27 PM
does sword of the new world still work? i cant get it to:eek: I loved that game before but then i reached lvl 20 and it was not that fun with nonpaying account. I played planetside as a sniper and got lots of kills due to that but i never won a match before so i ended up quitting (i hate getting no results) i also played wow but i quit after the first half year since that was enough. Well i played every game you have there, except the guild. And as not to be rude i will say welcome:D

No idea, quit it a while ago.

Its impossible to win a match in Planetside... there are no matches. It's a persistant MMOFPS, not like counterstrike, huxly, or AvA.

And Hi to you to, not to be rude.

lol129
02-11-2010, 01:04 AM
ello welcome to the forum

Kire
02-11-2010, 04:35 AM
Hi and welcome =) and we also have some quite heavy snow atm =P.

Negthareas
02-11-2010, 09:25 PM
Yes, i am also heading into computer game programming. It has not been snowing much at my house. No details about my address, but usually I get around 400 inches annually, but this year it looks like it might be 2oo or something, which I love and have no problem with. DC and NYC don't know how to deal with snow, and even if they did they wouldn't have the resources to deal with it.

wou129
02-12-2010, 04:00 AM
welcome to the forms

Swift sword
02-12-2010, 07:57 AM
Welcome to the forums indeed. Your story is pretty nice indeed, can't wait for you to continue it. I may follow it ;)

blackfang
02-12-2010, 10:25 AM
No idea, quit it a while ago.

Its impossible to win a match in Planetside... there are no matches. It's a persistant MMOFPS, not like counterstrike, huxly, or AvA.

And Hi to you to, not to be rude.

What i mean by matches is that my team always loose land.

EmpressHebihime
02-15-2010, 06:06 AM
Hello and welcome! :)
I understand that you've played AoE. If a RTS fan haven't played it, they can't say they're a fan of RTS games. (Just my oppinion now)

Henry Martin
02-15-2010, 06:26 AM
Hello and welcome! :)
I understand that you've played AoE. If a RTS fan haven't played it, they can't say they're a fan of RTS games. (Just my oppinion now)

WRONG! if you haven't played "Starcraft" you are not an rts fan.

blackfang
02-15-2010, 02:28 PM
Half right, Warcraft 3 starcraft and aoe. Those are if you play rts a must to play. However AoM Is also quite close:D

welshie
02-15-2010, 05:23 PM
tbh the AoE series started most peoples with the addiction to RTS' then starcraft and warcraft built on this. so in reality it was AoE :)

EmpressHebihime
02-15-2010, 06:54 PM
However AoM Is also quite close:D
AoM is just a Mythology branch of AoE it's still the same developer (Ensemble Studios). Altho the own story telling started here and they made the same in AoE 3 sadly the AoE series ended here because of Bank Rupt for Ensemble Studios. :(

Jonathan Werk
02-15-2010, 07:12 PM
sadly the AoE series ended here because of Bank Rupt for Ensemble Studios.

I bet they'd be rolling in millions if they didn't give AOM to the distributors who kept re-selling the same CD key, singlehandedly castrating ESO and preventing the online community from growing :eek:

I hope you took notes on that Kon ;)

Alex Walz
02-15-2010, 07:32 PM
Ensemble didn't go bankrupt, it was a very lucrative studio. It got disbanded by its parent company - Microsoft - as ES and its RTS path didn't fit into Microsoft's future plans, despite the fact that ES proposed several new directions and games that MS denied.

Negthareas
02-15-2010, 07:38 PM
Personally, I think AoE3 did in the AoE series. It just did not meet up with expectations. As a game it was great, but it was too different from its predecesors to draw the same audience. Thus it only got newer people, but there were not enought of them due to Total War, etc.