PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone love zombies as much as i do?

zach12wqasxz
02-06-2010, 11:23 PM
i LOVE zombie games and movies, like zombieland and dawn of the dead are my favorite movies ever
and i cannot wait for a game called dead island becasue next to DOF its my 2nd best dream game of a free roam zombie survival game
does anyone else here share my passion?

szebus
02-07-2010, 02:32 AM
I like movies with zombies but the ones like 28 days and I am Legend, those are not hardcore. BTW the movies you mentioned aren't comedies ?

welshie
02-07-2010, 02:44 AM
comedies are the best types of film, but i do like the odd zombie action film. but apart from that dont like the whole idea of zombie games/movies

Kire
02-07-2010, 06:01 AM
Well i like survival games but for me zombies suck =P (in a way our films are and games atm). Maybe just dont like them cuz dont like horror stuff .. =).

blackfang
02-07-2010, 06:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3guIeXx6YY&feature=related
Zombies are awesome, i prefer being one tough:D STUBBS THE ZOMBIE IS DA GAME:rolleyes:

Negthareas
02-07-2010, 11:14 AM
I personally dislike zombie games but I have played them a little. Anyone ever done Crackdown 2? It is another one of those viral-zombie thing themes. Gets pretty hard towards the end of the game since the zombies bet more mutated [aka - more difficult to kill and fight].

ash12181987
02-07-2010, 12:22 PM
Nah OP dude, your just really really strange... Shaun of the Dead was alright though.

Pilgrim
02-07-2010, 12:33 PM
Zach have you seen the spoof shaun of the dead? I agree thats good, especially if you have seen a lot of zombie films and appreciate all the take-offs.

I liked 28 days later a lot, at least the first half.. gets a bit far fetched later though ^^

Of course I did also start that contraversial thread suggesting undead shouldn't be part of the fantasy genre, but i do quite like the cheap horror genre.

zach12wqasxz
02-08-2010, 09:48 AM
I like movies with zombies but the ones like 28 days and I am Legend, those are not hardcore. BTW the movies you mentioned aren't comedies ?

zombieland is kind of a comedy, but still pure zombie movie genoius
dawn of the dead is the one where there trapped in the mall, i think ur getting confused with shawn of the dead, with is also a great zombie movie, one of my favs as well

and i dont like crackdowns either :( they sucked in my opinion

i want a game like the upcoming i am alive bit with zombies in it!!!

cuz zombies are super awesome :D

wills370
02-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Hmm im not the biggest fan of zombies to be hounest. In some cases i think they actually can ruin a game. :( sOme games seem to get stuck for enemy's and suddenly there is some sort of explotion or break out and the ensuing enemy is named some obscure name. To which it looks acts and is in fact a zombie. While i beleive certian games act alot better who have purposly went out with the theme of zombies. I think games that add them in half arsed where not really needed. Is not so good. Anyone share my vieW?

blackfang
02-08-2010, 11:15 AM
i hate zombies in games like prototype, but i love them in strategy and when i play the zombie...

Kire
02-08-2010, 04:33 PM
I just remember a very good zombie stuff that i liked very much. Well it was more ghoul stuff =P.... if anyone played WoW right before Wotlk there was an event where you could become ghoul (by infection) and plagued all your faction city with other players and turn npc (quest givers, trainers, guards, sellers, banker ....everyone =P) and players to ghouls, tho it was fun cuz also anoying to others =P. Some players tried to hide in basement but i got them all -,,- .
Conclusion: zombies/ghouls can be fun sometimes =P.

alpha30ns
02-08-2010, 10:12 PM
lol i am also obbsessed with zombie stuff. i always have a thought that 2012 is actually the beginning of a zombie apocalypse, and i have detailed plans on what to do and how to survive. (detailed is bolded because they are very very very detailed) lol

as for games l4d2 is bomb! baseball bat ftw

but one thing ive always wondered.... why dont people wear chainmail so they cant get bit? (also something to protect the face)......yeah never thought about that did ya lol :p

some times i wonder, am i crazy? or just genius? :D (more likely the 1st) lol

massenic
02-09-2010, 02:49 AM
lol i am also obbsessed with zombie stuff. i always have a thought that 2012 is actually the beginning of a zombie apocalypse, and i have detailed plans on what to do and how to survive. (detailed is bolded because they are very very very detailed) lol

but one thing ive always wondered.... why dont people wear chainmail so they cant get bit? (also something to protect the face)......yeah never thought about that did ya lol :p

Have you read the zombie survival guide from max brooks? It's all about protecting against zombies:p

I just love films about zombies, just great! I don't really have any games with zombies that I play a lot

alpha30ns
02-09-2010, 06:08 PM
Have you read the zombie survival guide from max brooks? It's all about protecting against zombies:p

I just love films about zombies, just great! I don't really have any games with zombies that I play a lot

one of my friends showed me at school, but i didnt get a chance to read it, but lol it did look like an interesting book

also i hate when zombie movies make the zombies run really fast, you would think they wouldnt be able to run like an athletic sprinter

Negthareas
02-09-2010, 06:57 PM
Yeah, running zombies - just does not make much sense. After all, most zombies have already been dead for a little while at least - neurons are already decomposing as well as muscle tissue.

Either -

A. Zombies are controlled by some one-overcontrolling mindthingy
or
B. Zombies are kept alive by some kind of virus that uses them to infect
others and spread the disease
or
C. They are the result of some kind of magic etc.

Since most zombie films rely on A or B, it does not make much sense for them to be highly lithe or agile. However, there was a game [Crackdown 2 - metioned it earlier] that had the virus mutate its victims into successively higher forms of zombies -aka level ten can run really fast, jump really high, and has a huge need for food because of its hyper-heightened metabolism. In this sense, the virus is actually recreating its victims, so I guess the later forms could not quite be classified as zombies.

Darathor
02-09-2010, 07:54 PM
Zombies are awesome. Plain and simple.

There is a really fun indie game on the xbox 360 live arcade called I Made a Game with Zombies in it(except horribly spelled with a bunch of numbers in it).

welshie
02-10-2010, 03:49 AM

why stop at chain mail.... im pretty sure full armour polte would be better walking around in that would certianly stop zombies from biting you :D

Liljagare
02-10-2010, 06:54 AM
I too love all things Zombie..

Seen some wierd new Zombie movies lately too that weren't too shabby, seems like it is a revival after those 28 days/weeks..

zach12wqasxz
02-10-2010, 08:26 AM

dude!!! ive thought about wearing like kevlar armor in an apocalyopse cuz its light and real strong, and its way more bendable so its more realistic when your running from zombie hordes, i myself have a detailed plan in case there is a zombie apocalypse....i know some ppl think im crazy but when you get bitten and turn into a zombie im gonna be the one mowing you down! :D

blackfang
02-10-2010, 09:10 AM
If you wear a full plate, first you would be unable to run. Then the zombies just need to knock off you helm and are free to eat as they please. However kevlar gives the possibility to run away while firing or cutting down zombies. What should be best is a rubber (not able to bite through) Armor. Then they would never eat you and you can run as much as you want:D Also if you got a chainsaw at this point you should not restrain yourself:D

zach12wqasxz
02-10-2010, 12:05 PM
If you wear a full plate, first you would be unable to run. Then the zombies just need to knock off you helm and are free to eat as they please. However kevlar gives the possibility to run away while firing or cutting down zombies. What should be best is a rubber (not able to bite through) Armor. Then they would never eat you and you can run as much as you want:D Also if you got a chainsaw at this point you should not restrain yourself:D

a lot of ppl think a chainsaw would be a good weapon, i also think so but it has some major drawbacks, like if a zombie tackled you you would saw yourself in half, ( anyone seen dawn of the dead when the old man accidently cut a girl in half while they were on the bus? )
also i think rubber would be pretty heavy, i would stick with kevlar armor all the way.
as for a weapon i would have a samuri sword, and a supressed machine gun...like an uzi, so i have firepower and its quite so i dont attract nearly as many zombies

blackfang
02-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Still, the chainsaw would be great if you manage to stand on your feet. You won't have problems if a zombie actually is the other guy who wanted a full chainmail on himself. So how would you get away from that without either serious training with a katana or a chainsaw. (in emergency you could use the uzi but look at the bullets they are so small...) Everyone knows zombies with tons of armor doesn't go down with 9mm thats why we got 45 calibers:D With a chainsaw however then all those troubles finding zombies cutting through difficult obstacles and tearing down large buildings infested with zombies will be no sweat as long as the fuel reach. Also i wonder would it be possible to genetically make the humans immune to becoming zombies? Another thing would it be possible that humans actually manage to contain zombification and not fall entirely to it? Always when i see a zombie movie it is always about: EVERYONE IS ZOMBIES IT IS JUST US LEFT! Or that we need to contain it! (Ends in FAIL)

Negthareas
02-10-2010, 06:49 PM
Yes, either that, or there is an attempt to contain the zombinestication which seems to be successful. However, they are wrong and nearly everyone becomes a zombie any way. Ever read Deathtroopers, a Star Wars book?

zach12wqasxz
02-10-2010, 07:38 PM
well the problem with containing a world wide disease is the ease of travel from place to place, right now i could run to the airport and book a flight for japan and be there in 8 hours, and also at first nobody would know what was going on and 90% percent of the earth would have infected crawling all over it, by that time it would be impossible to contain zombies.

and why would a zombie have armor??? unless it was like a templar knight that rose from the grave lol. but i only chose an uzi because it would be easy tol hit a zombie in the head with one, and u can supress/silence it wich means no more zombies will be after u once u kill the ones that already are. and the samuri sword i chose cuz it never dulls or rusts and is exellent for slicing off heads

Kire
02-11-2010, 08:42 PM
http://www.gamenode.com/action-games/infectonator-world-dominator/

For those who likes zombies and taking control over the world =P.

zach12wqasxz
02-11-2010, 09:41 PM
http://www.gamenode.com/action-games/infectonator-world-dominator/

For those who likes zombies and taking control over the world =P.

that game was very entertaining :)

Swift sword
02-11-2010, 10:20 PM
Meh. I don't like zombies much. I can't watch some PG-13 movies without getting nightmares and imagining the big, scary monsters that want to eat me:eek: . (ok, the monsters part was sarcasm. But the nightmares part? Guilty as accused) Much less play some of those M-rated horrow games. :p :o

Negthareas
02-12-2010, 08:00 AM
Who says a shot to the head will always kill a zombie? If their brain is not functioning anyway it wouldn't make a difference/

zach12wqasxz
02-12-2010, 09:34 AM
Who says a shot to the head will always kill a zombie? If their brain is not functioning anyway it wouldn't make a difference/

nothing can function without a brain.......except plants
but anyways in EVERY zombie related movie, book, game, zombies go down with head shots almost every time ( depending on where u hit them ), if not 1 shot then 2

Negthareas
02-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Yes, usually the second shot does it. It is worth it just to make sure.