PDA

View Full Version : DOF Forum Referral Contest - Beta Keys Galore

Alex Walz
02-06-2010, 09:00 PM
This forum's been a little quiet lately, too quiet. That's why we would like to enlist your help in spreading the word about Dawn of Fantasy. We're asking you to refer as many of your friends to sign up and post on our forums as possible. All you have to do is give them this link:

http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php?referrerid=$userid
(where $userid is your unique ID number - check your profile URL to locate)

If the referred user does not follow that link, you can still earn a point if they enter your username in the referrer box when they register:

http://reverieworld.com/departments/marketing/alex/referrer.png

To find out more about our referral system, please check out our FAQ (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_board_usage#faq_vb_referrals_explai n).

So what's in it for you? We have a handful of beta keys just waiting to be sent out! The winner with the most accumulated referral points, from now until February 27th, will receive a key to the first closed beta stage. The next four runners-up will receive a second beta stage key - which, outside of this forum, will be referred to as the Priority Closed Beta. And finally, the next five runners-up will receive a third beta stage key - publicly known as the General Closed Beta.

Only users with original IP addresses (meaning they did not register on the same computer that is synced with your account) and who have made at least one contributive post, in a forum other than The Pub, will count for a point. If a referred user makes at least ten contributive posts, they will count as two points.

So as you see, we have a lot of keys to give out, and if you haven't received a key yet, this is definitely your chance. Tell your friends, put a link in your sig at other forums you frequent, call your long-lost twin, do whatever gather interest and that anticipated first beta stage key is yours for the taking!

At the end of the first and second week, I will post the highest number of referral points any one person has accumulated, which will let you know what you need to do to win. Good luck!

zach12wqasxz
02-06-2010, 09:57 PM
This forum's been a little quiet lately, too quiet. That's why we would like to enlist your help in spreading the word about Dawn of Fantasy. We're asking you to refer as many of your friends to sign up and post on our forums as possible. All you have to do is give them this link:

http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php?referrerid=$userid
(where $userid is your unique ID number - check your profile URL to locate)

If the referred user does not follow that link, you can still earn a point if they enter your username in the referrer box when they register:

http://reverieworld.com/departments/marketing/alex/referrer.png

To find out more about our referral system, please check out our FAQ (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_board_usage#faq_vb_referrals_explai n).

So what's in it for you? We have a handful of beta keys just waiting to be sent out! The winner with the most accumulated referral points, from now until February 27th, will receive a key to the first closed beta stage. The next four runners-up will receive a second beta stage key - which, outside of this forum, will be referred to as the Priority Closed Beta. And finally, the next five runners-up will receive a third beta stage key - publicly known as the General Closed Beta.

Only users with original IP addresses (meaning they did not register on the same computer that is synced with your account) and who have made at least one contributive post, in a forum other than The Pub, will count for a point. If a referred user makes at least ten contributive posts, they will count as two points.

So as you see, we have a lot of keys to give out, and if you haven't received a key yet, this is definitely your chance. Tell your friends, put a link in your sig at other forums you frequent, call your long-lost twin, do whatever gather interest and that anticipated first beta stage key is yours for the taking!

At the end of the first and second week, I will post the highest number of referral points any one person has accumulated, which will let you know what you need to do to win. Good luck!

does it count if i spam youtube and other sites with links to this site and tell em all to say i refered them?

Alex Walz
02-06-2010, 10:01 PM
It would count as we have no way to run background checks on how you got people to register, but I would really prefer if you didn't spam and checked up on a site's stance on advertising - remember that you are representing Reverie and Dawn of Fantasy. You can always stick a link in your sig and plug it wherever you think it has some relevance.

zach12wqasxz
02-06-2010, 10:13 PM
It would count as we have no way to run background checks on how you got people to register, but I would really prefer if you didn't spam and checked up on a site's stance on advertising - remember that you are representing Reverie and Dawn of Fantasy. You can always stick a link in your sig and plug it wherever you think it has some relevance.

so is advertising ok as long as i dont go about it as a spammer or even like civonies adds? where there innapropriate pics of women have nothing to do with a browser game? ( has anyone else noticed there advertiseing methods?)

i follow a few forums so ill do what you suggested and post a link and such in my sig/footnote thingy

Alex Walz
02-06-2010, 10:28 PM
Yup. :)
And haha, Evony is absolutely horrible. Not only do their ads have nothing to do with the game, they steal graphics from games like Age of Kings.

Puppeteer
02-07-2010, 05:43 AM
Nice one! I'll create a thread on Revora with some screenshots, if that's okay with you guys?
Edit: Okay, done. In case you're wondering, here's the thread:
http://forums.revora.net/index.php?showtopic=76267 (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php?referrerid=80)
http://forums.revora.net/index.php?showtopic=76267
Haha

Negthareas
02-07-2010, 12:22 PM
A chance to win a beta? Great! It can't be that hard since I have already been talling most of my friends how great DoF will be, now I can just forward them this link.

Devon
02-07-2010, 12:44 PM
Already here from Puppet. This is looking very impressive :)

Kire
02-07-2010, 01:46 PM
Well i dont have any friend atm that likes to play comp games... so can i post this in other games offtopic forum ?=) But i dont post there and would seemed that i came there just to advertise the game =P. Atm i am planing to do in Runes of magic that i played some time ago and at wow forum when i get subscription back up and if i could also at Mount and blade forum.
(just posted it so you can say if something is wrong with that =)).

Jonathan Werk
02-07-2010, 03:40 PM
Are there bonus points for standing on a street corner wearing a sandwich board?

Argargeroth
02-07-2010, 03:47 PM
okay, stupid question I know, but I can't find my profile URL.:confused:

zach12wqasxz
02-08-2010, 09:01 AM
Are there bonus points for standing on a street corner wearing a sandwich board?

haha, ill just go the mall in a giant ogre suit with dawn of fantasy written on it, im sure ill attract a lot of attention :D

szebus
02-08-2010, 09:32 AM
okay, stupid question I know, but I can't find my profile URL.:confused:

Try this link (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_board_usage#faq_vb_referrals_explai n) and look at the What are referrals? section.

You'll see something like this :

You gain referrals by promoting Reverie World Studios Forums using your unique referral link. The link you should use as your referral link is this:

http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/index.php?referrerid=365

Jonathan Werk
02-08-2010, 10:24 AM
You can get your profile ID by clicking on your name above any of your posts.

haha, ill just go the mall in a giant ogre suit with dawn of fantasy written on it, im sure ill attract a lot of attention

Even if you already have a beta key, I'd give you a irl respect point for doing this :D

Joseph Visscher
02-08-2010, 12:39 PM
Alex you should add one little thing to your post.

If we catch anyone with multiple accounts, account surfing so to speak, all of them will be permanently banned, IP address will be banned, and you will not be able to attend beta.

Josh Warner
02-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Alex you should add one little thing to your post.

If we catch anyone with multiple accounts, account surfing so to speak, all of them will be permanently banned, IP address will be banned, and you will not be able to attend beta.

Go directly to No Beta list. Do not pass go, do not collect beta key, so to speak ;)

Supreme
02-09-2010, 08:36 AM
A minigame of monopoly while we wait, awesome!

Kire
02-09-2010, 07:23 PM
If anyone interested you can see my revision and other ppl opinions on Mount and blade forum:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=93481.msg2419392#msg2419392

Runes of Magic dont have offtopic x.x, and for WoW still dont have subscription.... =).

Edit: I screwed it there i guess x.x, tho i wont ask in other games offtopic for x game opinion anymore.

Supreme
02-10-2010, 01:09 AM
Because its so obvious your advertising but you're pretending not to, their not giving bad critics to the game per se but their giving bad critics to you.

If you insist on using another game forum, which I guess is the fastest way to get a lot of people to see it, try using the: "Has anyone heard of this game? Is anyone here in beta? What is it like? I read this/that. What do you guys think?"-tactic. (Give links to main site and maybe forum)

Dont forget to mention dragons, they will find out its only in the expansion but who cares, the will have seen the game and are hooked by then :P.

Oh, and dont come online/have last posts, it would get a little too obvious then :P.

My strategy guide to fooling the crowd, I dont have time to make one on a public forum right now but you can try it Kire and lets see if we get different reactions :D

lol129
02-10-2010, 01:22 AM
O now i see wy my brother (wou129) askd me to rigiser here lol :P

wou129
02-10-2010, 01:40 AM
dont get at me theat way altho its trou :p

Kire
02-10-2010, 02:51 AM
Oh, and dont come online/have last posts, it would get a little too obvious then :P.

What do you mean with this? That i should post and never do it again there?

Well i thought reading the forums and game frequently was enough to participate also on offtopic chats but i guess i was wrong ...
Well i will try with your suggestion, one more time but not on games forum (tho i know if i would post at WoW offtopic wouldnt end like this ..... it would be fine).

edit: http://forums.gamespy.com/gaming_discussion/b50597/20194210/p1/?0
Here number 2, you can see what kind of opinions over mmorts or even about DoF.

Supreme
02-10-2010, 07:48 AM
What do you mean with this? That i should post and never do it again there?

Well i thought reading the forums and game frequently was enough to participate also on offtopic chats but i guess i was wrong ...
Well i will try with your suggestion, one more time but not on games forum (tho i know if i would post at WoW offtopic wouldnt end like this ..... it would be fine).

edit: http://forums.gamespy.com/gaming_discussion/b50597/20194210/p1/?0
Here number 2, you can see what kind of opinions over mmorts or even about DoF.

Nah you covered it.

No replies yet...so nothing negative, though people always like to whine, its normal.

Ps: Awesome name.

blackfang
02-10-2010, 08:01 AM
Btw they say bad things about the game!!! THATS TERRIBLE, tell them kire that its not a normal rts game that you CAN play online tell them its and MMORTS! Atleast on the mount and blade post.

Aametherar
02-10-2010, 03:24 PM
If you insist on using another game forum, which I guess is the fastest way to get a lot of people to see it, try using the: "Has anyone heard of this game? Is anyone here in beta? What is it like? I read this/that. What do you guys think?"-tactic. (Give links to main site and maybe forum)

I did that ^^^ a lot actually. Without the links, I think going that far is a little rude to the gamemakers in other games. Besides anyone can google it, and a few people actually had heard of it :o. I went on about its features and stuff also and how awesome it's gonna be :D. If I could get a second beta key for a friend i'd try, but I think the only way here is to earn it yourself, so i'll just continue my stealth ad campaign.

Supreme
02-11-2010, 11:59 AM
2 neutral responses. I think its time for a random supporter of the game to come by and make a post about Dawn of Fantasy. ;)

Brb ^^

Edit: Admittately it might be a little obvious considering our names etc. but hey its something, im sure it'l get people to check the game out.

Kire
02-11-2010, 12:51 PM
2 neutral responses. I think its time for a random supporter of the game to come by and make a post about Dawn of Fantasy. ;)

Brb ^^

Edit: Admittately it might be a little obvious considering our names etc. but hey its something, im sure it'l get people to check the game out.

You forgot to say about which game you are talking =P, since its random mmorts game discussion ... =P

Supreme
02-11-2010, 12:52 PM
Haha, woops.

Edit: Meh where'd my post go

Negthareas
02-11-2010, 08:53 PM
I got 1 neutral reply. People on facebook not too interested. You have got to do it in chat, not just messeges.

Swift sword
02-11-2010, 09:05 PM
I wouldn't post at another games forum if I were you, I'd post at a general site which links to alot of other games. You're just going to get flamed and look like an ad if you post at another game's site-even if it is off-topic.

It might also work to post at a RTS fansite off-topic forum. I'd say go with AoMH but pretty much everyone there knows about the game due to it being it's own fansite now.

I'm too lazy to try to make a showcase like Puppateer did (very impressive by the way) and I've got my key, but you guys are welcome to give it a shot. Good comptetition idea, Alex, raises publicity and gets rid of those last pesty keys. Very genius indeed. :)

Alex Walz
02-15-2010, 06:37 PM
C'mon, guys! At the rate this is going, we're not going to be able to give out ten keys. Currently, it takes three points to claim first place. :)

Tell all your friends!

Henry Martin
02-15-2010, 08:12 PM
Ok I am going to try and get some people. I had someone at my school ask about the game(he thought it was good looking).

Since all the people in my program are gamers that might make sense to get some on here, lol.

Josh Warner
02-15-2010, 09:08 PM
I wouldn't post at another games forum if I were you, I'd post at a general site which links to alot of other games. You're just going to get flamed and look like an ad if you post at another game's site-even if it is off-topic.

It might also work to post at a RTS fansite off-topic forum. I'd say go with AoMH but pretty much everyone there knows about the game due to it being it's own fansite now.

I'm too lazy to try to make a showcase like Puppateer did (very impressive by the way) and I've got my key, but you guys are welcome to give it a shot. Good comptetition idea, Alex, raises publicity and gets rid of those last pesty keys. Very genius indeed. :)

I've done this quite often - you can indeed post at other forums for different games. Quite a few off topic forums even have 'other games' in their subtext for the forum that describes what's in it. Though doing it with only one post it'll be seen as advertising usually and somewhat offensive, if you're a regular however it'll usually be seen as discussion.

Vimes
02-16-2010, 08:56 PM
If its not too late i will stick a banner on my site for you and also one on my facebook page when I work out how. As to the hostile reaction in other forums - meh - I know convention says its rude but its amazinghow many dwellers come out of the woodwork to slam a MMORTS. I posted a blog a while back about it, how any indy viral like campaign by genuine players or fans is squashed real damn quick yet they keep sucking it up (Bill hicks style - not a straw- why mess about being pleasant lol) from the big players with huge budgets, pander to sites that only care about advertising not any genre or games and dismiss the opinion of those who have genuinely played the game as intended for a sustained period. I care not for the review from a casual game player on this genre, the devs might care but as a player needing a lure to get involved only long term players can offer the vision of whats possible beyond the first impression. Always folk cater to passing traffic and harvest a few players rather than educate and open gamers eyes to sustained play, assets with value and, typically, a game whose interactions are so shaped by a players individual actions it can be called unique to each player. Much needs shouting about this genre - we are too timid....

Darkhinilus
02-18-2010, 12:38 PM
il try to convince some friends to come to this site, If it's noth to late yet.

metman
02-19-2010, 03:07 PM
Umm earlier it was said if we have multiple accounts on the same IP address we will be banned what about if you recruit a family member. Also, is there any way to tell how many people you refered or if it worked. Last thing when will the scores be posted.

Peace127
02-21-2010, 12:10 PM
Yo my bro (metman)told me about this game it looks cool.:eek: :eek:

metman
02-21-2010, 02:11 PM
Just wondering will there be any posting of scores before the final day of the competition? :confused:

Darkhinilus
02-21-2010, 03:23 PM
I tought they would post the scores on the end of this week if im right. ;)

metman
02-21-2010, 04:31 PM
Thats the end of the competition. I mean before then.

Alex Walz
02-21-2010, 04:58 PM
Currently, it takes five referral points to claim first place.

metman
02-21-2010, 05:35 PM
Awesome can't wait to see who wins. Good luck everyone.:D

HolyPollo
02-21-2010, 07:14 PM
Just discovered dawn of fantasy today. Looking forward to telling all my AoE friends. We've been itching to find a good MMORTS

Darkhinilus
02-24-2010, 08:23 AM
yeah same thing, I can't wait till this game is released :)

metman
02-24-2010, 03:37 PM
Yeah I was just checking out the competition :D and I just thought of something. When you look at someones referal points does it show the extra point they get for 10 posts by someone they refered?

epel000
02-24-2010, 06:01 PM
How things going?

metman
02-24-2010, 07:06 PM
Great I hope you enjoy the forums. I refered them, sorry for the small talk on the forum. By the way whoever was hamfistjr on ign when you said you liked the game and were going to sign up on the forums you were supposed to say I refered you.

zach12wqasxz
02-24-2010, 07:53 PM
Great I hope you enjoy the forums. I refered them, sorry for the small talk on the forum. By the way whoever was hamfistjr on ign when you said you liked the game and were going to sign up on the forums you were supposed to say I refered you.

lol that sucks, u could miss out on a beta key cuz he didnt say u refered him

metman
02-24-2010, 07:56 PM
I know. :( When he said he was interested I specifically pointed it out and he still didn't do it. I don't know if the point will count but I thought I might as well post the link to the forum thread for all to see http://boards.ign.com/pc_games_lobby/b7203/189543471/p1/?4 By the way I am themets.

zach12wqasxz
02-25-2010, 11:58 PM
i think u should get a point for that

metman
02-26-2010, 10:56 AM
Thanks it'd be nice but whatever happens happens.:D Edit: Will the winners be posted today or tomorrow?

Darkhinilus
02-28-2010, 03:09 AM
I think it should be today sins the contest propably ended on 27 feb, Im noth sure of it tough. :)

metman
02-28-2010, 09:23 AM
Well now all we can do is wait. :D

Alex Walz
02-28-2010, 01:14 PM
My apologies, thanks for all of your participation. On the big boss' request, I'd like to extend this contest one more week until March 7th to allow for any last-minute attempts.

As it is now, it takes twelve referrals to claim first. You can look at your profile to see how you rank up although this number is probably not accurate as it doesn't account for the second point for referred members with over ten posts or those with similar IPs (I gave a couple people permission to refer family members with similar IPs - just please be honest, if this number is too high, they won't count).

metman
02-28-2010, 02:26 PM
Awesome more time to get some more points. :D

Darkhinilus
02-28-2010, 03:07 PM
Yeah I know my refferal point is high at this moment, I had some familie members asked to join, And some of my friends also asked allot of they're familie members to join the site, thats why I also asked them how my refferal points came that high, My apolegies for that if it maked troubles. :)

Justin
02-28-2010, 09:28 PM
12 points to come in first, it keeps going up, looks like this contest is proving worthwhile, I'll see what I can do to take advantage of the time extension.

HolyPollo
03-01-2010, 05:11 AM
Yeah I know my refferal point is high at this moment, I had some familie members asked to join, And some of my friends also asked allot of they're familie members to join the site, thats why I also asked them how my refferal points came that high, My apolegies for that if it maked troubles. :)

No way dude. Congrats and keep referring. The point isn't the beta keys but to make this community the best around. Glad to have your family and friends on board.

Puppeteer
03-01-2010, 11:04 AM

Hey you're doing well, don't stop now! Remember, it's not at the expense of anyone, in fact you're raising support for the game :cool: And making a ton of people jealous... keep it up!

Darkhinilus
03-01-2010, 11:21 AM
thanks guys it helped me allot, I wil just try to keep it up and invite more friends then if I can find more ^.^

metman
03-05-2010, 04:48 PM
Hey just wondering will the scores be posted on March 7th or will it be the last day to get points

Alex Walz
03-05-2010, 07:58 PM
March 7th will be the last day. :)

metman
03-05-2010, 08:05 PM
So the scores will be posted on Monday I presume. :D

Alex Walz
03-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Indeed. :)

metman
03-05-2010, 08:27 PM
You must enjoy making us wait (just kidding) but its for the good of the game and that's what matters. :D

Zeluk
03-05-2010, 08:51 PM
If anyone interested you can see my revision and other ppl opinions on Mount and blade forum:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=93481.msg2419392#msg2419392

Runes of Magic dont have offtopic x.x, and for WoW still dont have subscription.... =).

Edit: I screwed it there i guess x.x, tho i wont ask in other games offtopic for x game opinion anymore.

Actually something that you would find funny. I originally heard of this game when I googled "MMORTS" and one of the first links was a guy who had a blog talking about all of the MMORTS's he's played, which ones were good, which ones bad...so on and so forth. Well one of the games he was looking forward too was DoF. I didn't think about it at the time but one day when I was trolling the M&B forums I found your post on DoF, from that thread I went to this website and here I am today. Here's the part that you'll like, sense I can't remember what the name of the guy who's blog I originally read was but remembered your name I put you as my referrer so...your welcome for the extra points. Hope you get a key :) .

Kire
03-06-2010, 03:41 AM
Wow thanks =), nice to hear that from this post something good came out. But i already have beta key so that referrer thing is not needed, but thank again anyway =).

Zeluk
03-06-2010, 01:48 PM
Well if you win you should give it to me ;)!

Henry Martin
03-06-2010, 02:02 PM
Well if you win you should give it to me ;)!

*smacks continually with newspaper*..Down boy, down.

Alex Walz
03-08-2010, 10:31 PM
And the contest comes to an end! Before I announce the results, I'd like to thank all of those who participated - many of whom already had beta keys. The activity you all brought to the forum has been apparent these last couple of weeks and you've done a great job with spreading the word about Dawn of Fantasy!

With the ten beta keys we have to give out for this contest, we are able to reward everyone who participated, and didn't already have one, with a beta key! Of course, we have a couple different sets to give out. Our first set consists of five keys to the third closed beta stage which will be handed out to Supreme, Vimes, Justin, otomotopia, and Lastoria who each accumulated 1-2 referral points. For our next set, we have four keys to the second closed beta stage for amos106, metman, HolyPollo, and Gleem, with 3-8 points each. And last but not least, on behalf of Reverie, I'd like to extend a warm thank you to our grand winner, Darkhinilus, who will be receiving a key to the first closed beta stage for an impressive 12 referral points!

Thanks everyone, and see you in the beta! The winners will receive an email within the next couple of days, along with the honorable recipients, so that we can make sure we have contact with all of our testers.

zach12wqasxz
03-08-2010, 11:59 PM
congratulations everyone he worked hard and recieved a beta key, cant wait to see u in the beta :D

Darkhinilus
03-09-2010, 12:36 AM
yay can't wait to test it ^.^

HolyPollo
03-09-2010, 06:47 AM
Yay, congratulations everyone. See you in the 2nd beta :D

Justin
03-09-2010, 07:50 AM
Yay 3rd stage beta key, now all i need to do is get a second of first stage one :)

szebus
03-09-2010, 07:52 AM
Gratulations and don't forget to keep us informed. :D

metman
03-09-2010, 12:48 PM
Congratulations everyone can't wait to see you in the scond stage. :D

Henry Martin
03-09-2010, 01:08 PM
Congrates to you all.

amos106
03-09-2010, 01:33 PM
Thanks everyone, I won't put the key to waste :)

Supreme
03-09-2010, 02:08 PM
Hooray ^^

Grats btw

otomotopia
03-09-2010, 05:32 PM
Sweet! Thanks Alex, and thanks everyone else ^^

Puppeteer
03-10-2010, 03:54 PM
Well done you lot!

Aametherar
03-11-2010, 06:11 AM
Gratz to all who got them, lets hope your friends get theirs too and soon follow so that you may play together!

Darathor
03-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Congratz to everybody for the beta keys, and good job at mustering up some support!

Swift sword
03-11-2010, 09:21 PM
Congratz, good luck to you all in beta. I'll see you in third, eh?

crispyg29
04-08-2010, 12:29 AM
i cant wait to get in a tear this game up

LiTos456
04-08-2010, 01:21 PM
Congratulations everyone! Glad you got the chance to get a key despite some of you only coming around not so long ago. Will see you in game!