PDA

View Full Version : Nominations for Honorable Beta Keys

szebus
02-05-2010, 01:37 AM
As it seems, I can not post to Reverie World Studios Forums > Moderation > Nominations for Honorable Beta Keys (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1249), and thought that it would be harmless to make a new thread to Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > The Pub to nominee some I consider eligible for beta key.

edited/deleted this part of the post

Tried to send private message to Alex Walz (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/member.php?u=7), but can't do either.

All in all, I consider the top five forumers to be as follows:
1. Darathor (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/member.php?u=623)
2. blackfang (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/member.php?u=1029)
3. Kell Aset (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/member.php?u=495)
4. Aametherar (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/member.php?u=631)
5. Kire (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/member.php?u=523)

Criteria of choosing them was that they were those whose nickname remained imprinted on my mind with their posts.

Edit: I understand that the original post Reverie World Studios Forums > Moderation > Nominations for Honorable Beta Keys (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1249) is only for elite members but what if everyone would nominee for beta key.

welshie
02-05-2010, 04:37 AM
whos Kell aset and Aametherar?

never seen Kell Aset at all, and ive seen the odd post from Aametherar back in 2008 but apart from that nowt.

blackfang
02-05-2010, 07:35 AM
OOO i am among the top posters! But i already got a beta key:p And i guess i am a spammer:D

Swift sword
02-05-2010, 08:00 AM
I agree with those nominations, personally. Blackfang already earned a beta key though. I think Andy nominated both him and me. ;) Darathor, Aamethrar and Kire are all good choices as well. I've never seen a post from Kell either...Maybe I don't hang around the right subforum enough?

Anyways, I think it'd be a good idea to nominate our own forumers and see what the mods and devs think. Just my 2 cents. :)

Kire
02-05-2010, 08:19 AM
Aametherar was quite active back then =), he made my signature but he already have 1st stage beta key. And Blackfang dont you have 3rd beta key? I also have 3rd beta key but does that means no more other keys for us?=P

Since no blue response yet i will also post here:
Darathor, Nickson104, Szebus - first choice, active and good contribution.
U_have_krabs - not long here but has good potential =).
Welshie, Blackfang, Supreme - also good ones, specially active and i think they would do good in beta.

Well dont know if any of these already have 1 stage beta key =), i suggested also ones that have key but its not 1st stage since they could get with this in 1st stage, right? I know dev wanted just 1 or 2 but there are too many good ones =).

blackfang
02-05-2010, 08:39 AM
I wish we had a overview of who had keys:rolleyes:

GPS51
02-05-2010, 10:57 AM
Darathor and I picked up keys in the DOFH trivia contest but we could nominate him for a 1st round key :) . Which I hereby do.

zach12wqasxz
02-05-2010, 11:44 AM
0k i know why us elite members cannot post in moderation, it is becasue were not allowed to post a reply to a thread we did not create, i bieleve josh did that for some reason, and i assume alex didnt know that or forgot. so i guess ill post my nominees here

Negatharas - recently participated and lost a beta contest, and hes been here a short time but in my opinion has added quite a bit
Blatant7 - been here a long time, lot of posts
Darathor - hes one of the best canidates
Escules the Mighty - i remember seeing him a lot, it would be cool to suprise an old forumer when he sees hes recieved a beta key in his email :D
Generation - hes been here a while also, and i remember some good posts of his
GPS51 - i cant remember why i chose him, but it was for a good reason :D
Grizzlez - he has 3 green rep diamond thingies, so hes well liked and contributed to the forums in some way
Kire - hes contributed a lot as well, but i think he may have one already
Sneaky Squirell - i remember his name from a lot of posts
would anyone get mad if i nominated sparrow? :D
and im gonna stop here otherwise im gonna have a list of like 50 names

Henry Martin
02-05-2010, 11:45 AM
Aametherar was quite active back then =), he made my signature but he already have 1st stage beta key. And Blackfang dont you have 3rd beta key? I also have 3rd beta key but does that means no more other keys for us?=P

Since no blue response yet i will also post here:
Darathor, Nickson104, Szebus - first choice, active and good contribution.
U_have_krabs - not long here but has good potential =).
Welshie, Blackfang, Supreme - also good ones, specially active and i think they would do good in beta.

Well dont know if any of these already have 1 stage beta key =), i suggested also ones that have key but its not 1st stage since they could get with this in 1st stage, right? I know dev wanted just 1 or 2 but there are too many good ones =).

Thanks for the complement, but I already have a 1st stage beta key. I got from a dofsource contest.

Josh Warner
02-05-2010, 03:31 PM
0k i know why us elite members cannot post in moderation, it is becasue were not allowed to post a reply to a thread we did not create, i bieleve josh did that for some reason, and i assume alex didnt know that or forgot. so i guess ill post my nominees here

Lol, second time - I didn't do that. I don't have admin, I was still an intern until recently as well. I don't know who did it, but it's like that because the forum is there just so people can report things since a lot of the people that do delete posts and such don't actually get the reports.

welshie
02-05-2010, 04:12 PM
I think you would have to be rather careful with who you nominate, as normaly the best people to do a beta isnt always the one who trolls the fourms and posts on anything he can. I would nominate people that look at the game and see problems and solutions for the closed betas and check if what they have to say will have a valid point not just, OMG this game is better than life! very fine line and i personal wont nominate anyone as i wouldnt feel comfortable naming a certian few and when other read it they feel rather left out.

Darathor
02-05-2010, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the compliments and nominations guys!:D

However, as GPS said, I already have a 2nd stage beta key from a DoFHeaven contest.

I would think that Nickson, Kire, and Szebus should most likely get beta keys because of how long they've been here and because of their contributions through well-thought out posts, which are often a good size paragraph at least. Welshie I think could also be a good candidate, he has been here a while too.:)

I would say Haeso should be nominated but well, um... you know...;)

Josh Warner
02-05-2010, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the compliments and nominations guys!:D

However, as GPS said, I already have a 2nd stage beta key from a DoFHeaven contest.

I would think that Nickson, Kire, and Szebus should most likely get beta keys because of how long they've been here and because of their contributions through well-thought out posts, which are often a good size paragraph at least. Welshie I think could also be a good candidate, he has been here a while too.:)

I would say Haeso should be nominated but well, um... you know...;)

I'm too busy working on the game to beta test it! That's why, right? :P

I look forward to hearing all the feedback on the game once beta starts though, as I've said before, a lot of us are anticipating beta almost as much as you guys.

nickson104
02-05-2010, 06:34 PM
Thanks for all the nominations and compliments, im touched :) However I would be stealing off someone else as I have already won a beta key through competitions, think it was 3rd stage beta key won for my 'Create-A-Race' :)

My nominations (A-Z) are (without mods as requested):
Aametherar
Darathor
Esculas the Mighty
frankein_fish (although havent seen him in a long time)
Grizzlez
Kell Aset
Kire
raving
SPARROW94 (for the lolz... Every court must have its joker)
szebus

If your not on this list, it is not a bad thing, i may just have forgotten you, or you simply havent been around long enough... :)

zach12wqasxz
02-05-2010, 09:07 PM
Lol, second time - I didn't do that. I don't have admin, I was still an intern until recently as well. I don't know who did it, but it's like that because the forum is there just so people can report things since a lot of the people that do delete posts and such don't actually get the reports.

GRRRRR, sorry i got u confused with joseph, thats like the 3rd time to on this forum i think, i meant to say joseph

Josh Warner
02-05-2010, 10:04 PM
GRRRRR, sorry i got u confused with joseph, thats like the 3rd time to on this forum i think, i meant to say joseph

I figured that's who you meant, no worries. Not sure if joe did it or not, but I agree with it being done.

Generation
02-05-2010, 10:55 PM
Generation - hes been here a while also, and i remember some good posts of his

I haven't been forgotten! thx zach

LiTos456
02-06-2010, 11:03 AM
Kire, Aametherar, Sneaky Squirrel, u_have_krabs, nickson, blatant...they all already have beta keys.
Also, this thread is a flame war waiting to happen. I'm watching this.

Supreme
02-06-2010, 01:34 PM
Also, this thread is a flame war waiting to happen. I'm watching this.

Haha, in before flames.

Though I feel kinda left out :( Bunch of meanies :(

Negthareas
02-06-2010, 07:33 PM
Negatharas - recently participated and lost a beta contest, and hes been here a short time but in my opinion has added quite a bit

Thank you Zach - though I think that a lot of the older posters have priority before me, they have been waiting a lot longer.:)

zach12wqasxz
02-06-2010, 11:05 PM
Thank you Zach - though I think that a lot of the older posters have priority before me, they have been waiting a lot longer.:)

well ya they have senority, but you worked harder...aka...participated in a contest that allowed 3 ppl to get beta keys, without your post swiftsword, blackfang, and I might not even have gotten beta keys. and plus like previously stated some ppl just troll the forums ( im a little giulty myself on some occasions....but who doenst? ) wheres as you i havent really noticed it much

and litos this is the mother of all flame war starting threads lol

Alex Walz
02-06-2010, 11:45 PM
Flaming is a very good way to make sure your name never appears on the beta list. ;)

Which is why I wanted this posted in the Elite Member forum, but as long as you guys are courteous and honest, this can stay here and Reverie World will consider your nominations for various beta stage keys.

Swift sword
02-07-2010, 12:20 AM
Maybe I'm just stupid, but I don't see any flaming going on. Unless you guys mean yet? Because it certainly could lead to one...

Anyways, seniority doesn't neccessarily lead to priority for the remaining keys. There can certainly be very mature and smart members that only joined a week ago that deserve keys- it varies. People that have hung around long enough are more informed about the game generally and if they've been around for awhile, they are less likely to be...ummm...evil people in disguise (couldn't find the right words!) so I see your point, I suppose.

I'm not going to be posting my own nominations for multiple reasons, one of which it'd be impossible to name all the forumers that deserve keys. In any case, a good thread and may bring some life into the forums, which are sort of under-posted in. Good luck to those lucky people who receive keys from this :)

welshie
02-07-2010, 02:13 AM
Maybe I'm just stupid, but I don't see any flaming going on. Unless you guys mean yet? Because it certainly could lead to one...

Anyways, seniority doesn't neccessarily lead to priority for the remaining keys. There can certainly be very mature and smart members that only joined a week ago that deserve keys- it varies. People that have hung around long enough are more informed about the game generally and if they've been around for awhile, they are less likely to be...ummm...evil people in disguise (couldn't find the right words!) so I see your point, I suppose.

I'm not going to be posting my own nominations for multiple reasons, one of which it'd be impossible to name all the forumers that deserve keys. In any case, a good thread and may bring some life into the forums, which are sort of under-posted in. Good luck to those lucky people who receive keys from this :)

i agree to the point, I dont feel we should have the say in this as everyone will go for fraveritsm even over a post they really like compaired to the hudred of other spam they wrote as well. anywho ima off to sort my story!

SvN
02-07-2010, 04:07 AM
I think I'll just sit back and wait for the official dof game to come out.:)

wills370
02-07-2010, 08:37 AM
darathor, blackfang and kire all have been on the forum for a while (so have demonstrated commitment). Have always to my knowledge posted sensibly and on topic with many points been raised and a high level of dicussion rather then the short 2 posts sometimes seen that dont add to discussion. And have a genrally nice aura of about them seeing no outward agression to other members or unruly behavior. Thus showing there maturity. Overall i would say they are the best to my knowledge of sensible choices. Although there are others i would definatly consider. These top my list. :)

blackfang
02-07-2010, 09:05 AM
:D i always like to be among the top of things. It makes me feel good:p Anyways i never nominated people:eek: I just remembered:p Those i put on my top would probably be Kire, welshie, Neght and litos i love those short films/trailers you make:D Neghtareas is quite new so i don't know alot but i definitely like your story:D Also that you even came into the competition right after me and welshie came, thats just awesome. Welshie made awesome stories and i love em, also you post quite a lot to interesting things. Kire I always see you post things that are interesting, i always read everything everyone post anyways so don't think i forgot you others i just don't feel like making page upon page of reasons:p I am too lazy:o

Negthareas
02-07-2010, 11:05 AM
Glad you liked my battle Blackfang - I just posted the first two chapters for my story in the Pub.

blackfang
02-07-2010, 02:13 PM
I Love Em:d

wills370
02-14-2010, 05:30 AM
I also vote litos as he also demonstrated what was in the other post. Although i thought he already had a beta key so did not mention :) (sorry)

zach12wqasxz
02-16-2010, 10:49 AM
I also vote litos as he also demonstrated what was in the other post. Although i thought he already had a beta key so did not mention :) (sorry)

yes im pretty sure all the moderates and supermoderaters all have beta keys

Blatant7
03-01-2010, 11:55 AM
I appreciate the nomination zach, but I already have a first stage key. (As does Litos).

Swift sword
03-01-2010, 05:21 PM
Is that because you're both fansite seraphs (well, I don't know what in Litos's case, I guess head honcho?) or because you both got nominated for first stage by Reverie?
It could honestly be either in my opinion, although since DoFS and DoFH are the main two fansites, I'd guess it's the first answer.

metman
03-04-2010, 04:03 PM
It really seems like so many people who would deserve these already have them. I guess its because of their dedication. :D

blackfang
03-05-2010, 11:40 AM
or that they are spamming as much as me. Look how many posts and i have only been on for a month or two i dont remember...

Henry Martin
03-05-2010, 01:02 PM
or bribery..wink,wink.

metman
03-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Bribery for the win. :D

blackfang
03-06-2010, 08:00 AM
I always thought your style was intimidation:eek:

Henry Martin
03-06-2010, 01:14 PM
I always thought your style was intimidation:eek:

Nothing wrong with flexing your muscle every now and then. Some people need to be told twice:D.

blackfang
03-06-2010, 02:28 PM
not that kind:rolleyes: (your name gives a hint?)

metman
03-06-2010, 02:32 PM

You have a sick mind. :D

Henry Martin
03-06-2010, 02:59 PM

I don't have them, u have krabs:D.

blackfang
03-07-2010, 06:40 AM
how am i to get them? somebody gotta start with it. :o

Amir
03-28-2010, 03:38 PM
I want a beta key how can I achive it?

GPS51
03-28-2010, 04:20 PM
Check around the web for current contests giving away beta keys. I believe that currently all keys have been given away. Best way to get a key to later beta rounds would be to hang around the forums commenting with acumen and enjoy the fantasy fridays.

welshie
03-29-2010, 03:53 AM
Check around the web for current contests giving away beta keys. I believe that currently all keys have been given away. Best way to get a key to later beta rounds would be to hang around the forums commenting with acumen and enjoy the fantasy fridays.

Correct, not guranteed a place but it increases your chances. Your best way was with compatitions.

Zeluk
03-30-2010, 03:00 PM
I want a beta key how can I achive it?

If you post around some more then maybe someone will like you enough to nominate your name here. Welcome to the forums and thanks for participating in a discussion!

sumo0
09-03-2010, 03:28 AM
im just waiting for the open beta. dont think i will ever get a closed beta key:( but is fair, i did appear here at this forum late compared to all others.

LoveToKill
09-03-2010, 03:47 PM
You never know man you might get supprised and get one and even if you do have to wait till open it'll stil be worth the wait

Gruber12
09-04-2010, 01:09 AM
I nominate Gruber12 cause lets face it.... hes just bloody awesome :D

Supreme
09-10-2010, 01:12 PM
Maybe just bloody after we meet on the battlefield!

Gruber12
09-10-2010, 09:20 PM
nop bloody after drinking your blood from you skull :D

Raulaun
09-12-2010, 05:14 PM
Bloody after sharing Gruber's bloody skull with the TFA plunderers.

deamonkinge
04-18-2011, 04:53 PM
dude :D :D :D :D

Xarlot
04-20-2011, 11:51 AM
beta registration:)

GPS51
04-20-2011, 12:03 PM
I would point out that this thread ended months ago and so getting a beta key out of this is HIGHLY unlikely. That being said ...GL :)