PDA

View Full Version : Create-A-Battle Competition: Voting

Swift sword
01-22-2010, 07:32 PM
The time has (finally:o ) come! I've received enough entries for the voting for the Create-A-Battle Competition voting to begin. The original thread is here:
http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1101

Vote for your favorite Create-A-Battles here. The post # for each battle it posted beside it. The winner will receive a beta key, so choose wisely!:)

1. zach12wqasxz Post # 35
http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showpost.php?p=21539&postcount=35
http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showpost.php?p=21540&postcount=36

2. Welshie Post # 58
http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showpost.php?p=22602&postcount=58

3. blackfang Post # 71
http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showpost.php?p=22724&postcount=71

4. Negthareas Post # 96
http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showpost.php?p=23129&postcount=96
And there, that's all of them (I think!:cool: ) Vote for your favorite battle however you'd like. Here's the guidelines I put on the original post:

The environment. A detailed environment/background is an excellent addition.
The creativity- "Battle of the Five Armies" ripoffs are not cool :cool:
The detail placed into the weaponry, unit types, intial confrontation, and ensuing battles are important.
The commanders. These units should essentially be detailed heroes with their own personalities, leadership skills and battle skills. These units may die in the battle, but another must take their place unless they die in the last confrontation.
The result. An interesting result, like a treatie signed or both armies utterly destroyed, is good to have.

Swift sword
01-22-2010, 07:42 PM
Note: It appears not all of Zach's post appears when you click on the link- I'm going to have to add in sepearte links for each post.

Henry Martin
01-22-2010, 07:48 PM
I have casted my vote. I voted for zach.

Good luck to all the participants.

Kire
01-22-2010, 08:58 PM
Gogo Zach =), tho all stories/battles were good so i actually had hard time to choose.

blackfang
01-23-2010, 07:25 AM
i rolled a dice:P and zach won:p Sry you two, i actually like em all equally:D

Supreme
01-23-2010, 07:41 AM
Cant pick, gonna think this one over :p

zach12wqasxz
01-23-2010, 08:14 AM
i definatly had a tough time choosing. i opted for blackfang becasue he had a great story behind everything and kept adding to it and i cant ignore hard work when i see it( though i know everyone worked really hard ). by the way Neg was going to be my 2nd choice.
:eek: me and black fang are tied!!!!!!!

also tp everyone that participatred great stories and goodluck :D

zach12wqasxz
01-23-2010, 08:14 AM
Cant pick, gonna think this one over :p

VOTE FOR ME!!!!!

ooops sorry for the double post

Swift sword
01-23-2010, 08:49 AM
Hah, tight race. I'm not going to vote for obvious reasons, but it's going to be an interesting result, I can tell. Might even end in a tie, in which case I'll have to create a new poll for the people who tie...

Anyways, good luck guys, there's still 4 days of voting to go!

welshie
01-23-2010, 10:32 AM
enjoyed writing my piece and reading others so im not bothered if i win tho beta key is nice. Good luck all!

blackfang
01-23-2010, 12:51 PM
well i started with wanting the beta key, then i just felt like writing one day and just continued:D

Henry Martin
01-23-2010, 03:33 PM
Great stories are always made my inner motivation not outer. All stories were great. I wish more people would have written some. Like I said before I like fan made stories.

welshie
01-23-2010, 03:44 PM
Aye the story i worte for this, has encouranged me to contuining writing, currently im writing just a few pages of what i want to write and when i feel like it so out of it i have found a hobby! only at 2 pages so far :)

Kire
01-23-2010, 04:14 PM
Aye the story i worte for this, has encouranged me to contuining writing, currently im writing just a few pages of what i want to write and when i feel like it so out of it i have found a hobby! only at 2 pages so far :)

Will you give us some leak oneday ?=) Tho, judging from your story posted here, should be amazing =).
I also wanted to post one battle, had all the ideas already in the head, but duno couldnt wrote it down =P. I know that creating the good imaginative stuff is one (hard?) thing, the second is writing it down, so i admire ppl who posted this battles even before they knew they may get beta key. If i had a choice i would give key to all of them =).

Negthareas
01-23-2010, 06:49 PM
I voted for Zach... the detail and easy visualization really got my attention.

welshie
01-24-2010, 01:22 AM
Will you give us some leak oneday ?=) Tho, judging from your story posted here, should be amazing =).
I also wanted to post one battle, had all the ideas already in the head, but duno couldnt wrote it down =P. I know that creating the good imaginative stuff is one (hard?) thing, the second is writing it down, so i admire ppl who posted this battles even before they knew they may get beta key. If i had a choice i would give key to all of them =).

Maybe when i refine the first bits a little as it need a bit of sorting.

zach12wqasxz
01-26-2010, 08:25 AM
so its the 26th, did i win? :D

Negthareas
01-26-2010, 03:42 PM
I think you will, but I don't think the judges have brought the gabl down yet.

Swift sword
01-26-2010, 03:45 PM
The poll doesn't end 'till tommorow night. (27th) If you want to see how things are going, click poll results (or it might be there already for you, I haven't voted ;))

welshie
01-27-2010, 02:47 PM
dam... last, try better next time :D

massenic
01-27-2010, 03:11 PM
so its the 26th, did i win? :D

now you did. Congratulations

Swift sword
01-27-2010, 03:37 PM
4 hours left of voting, at the moment Zach is in first by a single vote over blackfang. I'm going to go ahead and cast my vote now, and my favorite was (very slimly more than Zach's) Negthareas's battle.
Despite this, everybody did excellent and in my opinion they were all practically equal in skill and creativity. Great job guys, and don't feel bad if you don't end up winning.
We'll see who the real winner in in four hours, eh? :)

blackfang
01-27-2010, 04:01 PM
zach you deserve it:)

Negthareas
01-27-2010, 08:28 PM
Good Job Zach! Thank you Swift. This competition was a good thread! Not that it added to the game itself, maybe. But it added, feel to the site. If you know what I mean.

Negthareas
01-27-2010, 08:30 PM
Welshie - I think yours was pretty good, second place in my mind. You have done especially well with your follow-up stories.

Swift sword
01-27-2010, 08:43 PM
Well guys, it was a tight race but Zach indeed ended up on top. Great job to all the other contestants, nobody did poorly and keep in mind the voting was all very subjective. Don't be disheartended if you didn't win, and thank you SO much for participating. I really appreciate it :)

Great job Zach, you certainly earned that beta key. Have fun with it!

Henry Martin
01-27-2010, 08:48 PM
Congrats zach. Like others have said you all did great jobs with your stories. None of you wrote a bad story, so all of you should be proud.

blackfang
01-28-2010, 12:06 AM
You know welshie and nagt. I seriously believed both of you would end up above me. But SOMEHOW i got up above you. Of course zach got the better of us but yours were pretty good:D Mine was just something i put together and just continued on.

zach12wqasxz
01-28-2010, 09:39 AM
first of all i would like to thank my family,.. my sponsors and my fans! :D just kidding. but i would like to thank swift sword for starting this thread and making this all possible, also everyone who voted for me your votes were much appreciated,THANK YOU!, and alex for giving away a beta key to the winner. and to all who participated you did wonderful jobs with your stories/battles, im actually kind of suprised i won, i thought your guyses would oust mine

blackfang
01-28-2010, 12:06 PM
Don't be surprised... Yours were GODLIKE:D You got my vote:p

Swift sword
01-28-2010, 03:34 PM
Uh, just asking Zach, but you haven't got your beta key yet, right? I'll have to pm Alex to make sure you get it ;)
Great job, glad you all liked the competition. :D

zach12wqasxz
01-28-2010, 07:05 PM
Uh, just asking Zach, but you haven't got your beta key yet, right? I'll have to pm Alex to make sure you get it ;)
Great job, glad you all liked the competition. :D

actually no i havent but when i saw i won i did my victory dance and just assumed id be awarded a key since that was the first place prize, so i hope i get an email from alex soon.......though im not sure if he even knows my email adress, im not sure if its posted in my CP.
also is it a first stage key 2nd or 3rd?

Swift sword
01-28-2010, 09:26 PM
It's 2nd, and don't worry, I pmed him about your key. You'll get it, unless I make a deal with the devil to steal it...:cool:

Alex Walz
01-28-2010, 10:20 PM
Congratulations, Zach! Great entries all around.

I'd also like to offer blackfang a third beta key for a close second place - that is, if he doesn't mind, of course. ;) And let's give Swift Sword a third beta key as well and a thank you for organizing this wonderful contest. You have Andy to thank for nominating you for a key. :)

We have the email address you guys registered with. If you're no longer using that address, you can PM me.

sneaky_squirrel
01-28-2010, 11:10 PM
Congrats guys, judging from his posts I bet swift sword is gonna be ecstatic about his new key ;p.

I myself can't wait for the initial keys to get sent, bu I think I can manage.

blackfang
01-29-2010, 12:05 AM
huh:confused: i, somehow... got... a key? YAY!!!!!:o :o I actually got a key to this AWESOME game for second place:D I feel a gratitude from the bottom of my heart to everyone (especially those who made it such a close run) i wish welshie and nagt also could get one for their stories, but right now i am going to be very selfish and say one thing. I cant wait to play this game! Now not to ruin the moment i give the word to whoever wants to while i feel better during school today:D Now i barely can't wait:p I held in my feeling so long:p

Supreme
01-29-2010, 02:49 AM
Haha, grats.

Swift sword
01-29-2010, 06:45 AM
Well....Uhh....that was unexpected to say the least....
*loses composure*
YAY!:) :) :) :eek: :eek: :eek: :cool: :cool: :cool:
*regains composure*
Sorry 'bout that. Anyways, well...I'm shocked. I was ecstatic when Alex came in offering a key to the winner of the competition. I wasn't expecting at all to receive one myself ;)

On-Topic: Anyways, I'd just like to thank everyone again for participating. Hope you all enjoyed it, and gratz to blackfang for receiving a key also. You had some nice story extensions added onto yours that were enjoyable to read. ;) It was cool you took up your time just to make them for fun.

Not gonna be able to sit still in school today now...or focus. Least my classes are so easy I don't have to...And I though Pre-AP was supposed to be "challenging".:rolleyes:

blackfang
01-29-2010, 07:28 AM
Well luckily i got a whole weekend now just to sit and write and play battle grounds 2:D So until the beta opens that will take most of my time i guess...

Puppeteer
01-29-2010, 09:00 AM
Well done to all of you, Swift sword especially!

zach12wqasxz
01-29-2010, 07:06 PM
congrats everyone!!!! i was suprised myself to see swift and blackfang both got beta keys as well, i cant wait to see you guys on the battlefield :D

Alex Walz
01-29-2010, 10:29 PM
Well look at that! You guys made the Reverie News! ^_^

wills370
01-30-2010, 03:37 AM
Well done all,great job on all accounts and made for some very good reading.

Swift sword
01-30-2010, 07:40 AM
Well look at that! You guys made the Reverie News! ^_^
Huh?

Anyways, thanks guys. This thread has probably reached it's purpose though so...should we lock it or just leave it to die?:)

Darathor
01-30-2010, 07:58 AM
Huh?

Anyways, thanks guys. This thread has probably reached it's purpose though so...should we lock it or just leave it to die?:)

On their company website you guys are on the front page, Reverieworld.com.

zach12wqasxz
01-30-2010, 09:25 AM
man thats awesome!!! i feel so achieved now :D

but i have to also say i might hold a contest to give away my beta key ( if its ok with reverie ) due to the fact that my good computer is all screwed up right now and im not sure whats wrong with it. so if i cant get it fixed before beta i wouldnt want my key to go to waste. any ideas as to what i should do?

Supreme
01-30-2010, 09:36 AM
Silently give it to me, thats what id do... :P

Swift sword
01-30-2010, 10:37 AM
Man, that's tough Zach. I'd suggest you PM Alex about it. Maybe he'll have an idea.

Edit: Oh, and I visited that site but completely missed the newsie. I feel stupid and honored at the same time XD

Alex Walz
01-30-2010, 10:14 PM
You can, of course, give it away however you'd like. However, I'd suggest just sticking on to it and hope for the best - we have a couple weeks before we'll be sending out the beta. :)

blackfang
01-31-2010, 06:48 AM
zach Don't give it away! I want to fight you!

Supreme
01-31-2010, 11:20 AM
Dont listen to them zach! Their bad persons! Silently gieeeeeffff, my precioussss~! ;)

zach12wqasxz
02-02-2010, 03:45 PM
zach Don't give it away! I want to fight you!

Dont listen to them zach! Their bad persons! Silently gieeeeeffff, my precioussss~! ;)

haha, i think im gonna hold a contest here in the next few weeks if i cant get my computer fixed, that or i could give it to the runner ups of this contest....hmmmmm.....idk, supreme is an awful good beggar, jk

Josh Warner
02-03-2010, 04:37 PM
man thats awesome!!! i feel so achieved now :D

but i have to also say i might hold a contest to give away my beta key ( if its ok with reverie ) due to the fact that my good computer is all screwed up right now and im not sure whats wrong with it. so if i cant get it fixed before beta i wouldnt want my key to go to waste. any ideas as to what i should do?

And what're the specs of your 'bad' computer? I've run the game with a pretty old PC just to test it and we're working on things like draw distance and other stuff we can adjust for optimization. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Negthareas
02-03-2010, 05:51 PM
It's good that we will not need up-to-latest-spec cps to play it.

zach12wqasxz
02-04-2010, 09:25 AM
And what're the specs of your 'bad' computer? I've run the game with a pretty old PC just to test it and we're working on things like draw distance and other stuff we can adjust for optimization. You might be pleasantly surprised.

well i am currently useing a crappy laptop with an integrated gpx card, so i doubt i could run DOF , my other pc has a gt 220