PDA

View Full Version : This does not look good...

Noxeros
01-21-2010, 04:07 AM
Why are the human sodiers holding their shields in the righthand and their swords/maces in the left on all the in-game pictures?:( Is this going to change? :confused:

Josh Warner
01-21-2010, 04:38 AM
Why are the human sodiers holding their shields in the righthand and their swords/maces in the left on all the in-game pictures?:( Is this going to change? :confused:

http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/search.php?searchid=10334

Isn't everyone left handed? When did the right hand become such a fad?
lol
that is just a stupid harmless engine glitch with rendering the models... should be fixed before beta.
You could look at all your men in a reflection of water, then they all will be right handed!
Like this swordsman Hes Right handed! See! :p

Supreme
01-21-2010, 05:31 AM
I was expecting a little more from that dramatic title.

Noxeros
01-21-2010, 08:22 AM
For me it's like the third worst thing I can think of right now...:( and that link did nothing.:confused:

Supreme
01-21-2010, 08:51 AM
Yea, i can imagine how having all swordsmen left would be the third worst thing you can imagine.

welshie
01-21-2010, 09:48 AM
You know there are left handed people out there? its not a myth its true ive seen them with my own eyes!

szebus
01-21-2010, 10:08 AM
Come on, there is really some who care for the soldiers are left or right handed ? Is this a joke ?

zach12wqasxz
01-21-2010, 10:18 AM
well, i dont personally care wether there left or right handed, but it would be cool if you could mix it up as to where only a percentage of a group of soldiers are right handed.....itll make it a bit more realistic

Noxeros
01-21-2010, 10:47 AM
I think it's really irritating! and my mother, sister and friend are left handed, I just don't see why all the soldiers are left handed? one or two, maybe even 50% of them, but ALL?

blackfang
01-21-2010, 10:59 AM
Well this is fantasy so everything is possible, it might be just that everyone got magically left handed?

Kire
01-21-2010, 11:05 AM
well, i dont personally care wether there left or right handed, but it would be cool if you could mix it up as to where only a percentage of a group of soldiers are right handed.....itll make it a bit more realistic

lol no its not realistic ..... they have training to be like one man army. In past there were no individuality. You fight as a group as a coherenced battalion, each glich could shake the functionality/safety/strenght of whole group. But ofc at barbarian like attacks that didnt matter =P, but as i see here at humans and elves,are well organized so they cant afford to have such poor organized army.
In conclusion if you were lefthander you had to get yourself used to use things in right hand or you died doing so.

Noxeros
01-21-2010, 11:53 AM
lol no its not realistic ..... they have training to be like one man army. In past there were no individuality. You fight as a group as a coherenced battalion, each glich could shake the functionality/safety/strenght of whole group. But ofc at barbarian like attacks that didnt matter =P, but as i see here at humans and elves,are well organized so they cant afford to have such poor organized army.
In conclusion if you were lefthander you had to get yourself used to use things in right hand or you died doing so.

This person understands! I have heard that it was against the laws to wield your sword in the left hand, but it might not be true :eek:
And this IS a fantasy game, but still...

szebus
01-21-2010, 12:03 PM
In past there were no individuality. You fight as a group as a coherence battalion, each glitch could shake the functionality/safety/strenght of whole group.

It is true even for the fantasy world's history. :) But for sure If right and left hand is a problem then it is for the Orc's as Kire says.

welshie
01-21-2010, 12:46 PM
This person understands! I have heard that it was against the laws to wield your sword in the left hand, but it might not be true :eek:
And this IS a fantasy game, but still...

Aye and it is also the reason why the brittish driv on the left hand side. As you would draw your sword out from the right hand being on the right hand side means you have to reach further to attack them.

GPS51
01-21-2010, 12:52 PM
Um is actually a serious thread? What does it matter what hand the weapon is held in? If anything left handedness is different from the vast majority of games out there. Why the bother over a very minor graphics point?

Henry Martin
01-21-2010, 12:58 PM
Um is actually a serious thread? What does it matter what hand the weapon is held in? If anything left handedness is different from the vast majority of games out there. Why the bother over a very minor graphics point?

Because right handers rule!

Noxeros
01-21-2010, 01:00 PM

Because I see it as wrong to wield a sword in your left hand (Link from the Zelda games is also wrong O.o) And I want to know why it is like that in this game. In my very own opinion, that is a factor to buy or not to buy the game :/
I will probably still buy it, but I won't do it without a wierd fealing inside my stomach!

massenic
01-21-2010, 01:11 PM
Could you all please stop whining about it...

As said in the 2nd post, it's a bug in the engine that will be gone before the beta.

Thank you

Darathor
01-21-2010, 03:30 PM
There is nothing wrong with having them left-handed. You will only ever notice it if you zoom in. You'd have to be quite meticulous indeed if you wouldn't buy the game because the soldiers are left-handed. They also said it was a bug in the engine that will be fixed before beta begins, so don't fret over it.

Joseph Visscher
01-21-2010, 03:42 PM
This is quite amusing, the only thing all of you can come up with as a complaint towards dawn of fantasy is a minor little engine glitch that can probably be fix in half a day. :D

Quite hilarious. We will get on to fixing this asoon as the missing 'Extremely important game features' are all finished up. :) :p

Pilgrim
01-21-2010, 03:56 PM
In wc3 all the soldiers are left handed too. I did always find that weird.

Anyway Noxeros, you have to be very careful with how you word criticisms here amongst DoF's most dedicated fans ;)

You should have just posted it as a question. Saying something looks bad in these forums tends to bring you under heavy fire.

Josh Warner
01-21-2010, 04:01 PM
I think it's really irritating! and my mother, sister and friend are left handed, I just don't see why all the soldiers are left handed? one or two, maybe even 50% of them, but ALL?

read the quote lol and the link would just have gone to search, I typed in Left Handed and that thread popped up and explained why. Search is your friend :p

Because I see it as wrong to wield a sword in your left hand (Link from the Zelda games is also wrong O.o) And I want to know why it is like that in this game. In my very own opinion, that is a factor to buy or not to buy the game :/
I will probably still buy it, but I won't do it without a wierd fealing inside my stomach!

It's actually very advantageous to be left handed every manner of combat with a sword except for tight formations that relied on a shield wall where even if you're left handed you fight with your right. I've done a lot of stuff with the SCA as well as fencing, in the mediocre -> advanced range left handed is a huge advantage, for masters it really doesn't matter but that's a whole different level.

A left handed person simply put is almost always going to fight right handed people, a right handed person is almost never going to fight a left handed person. You see the dilemma, yes?

In wc3 all the soldiers are left handed too. I did always find that weird.

Anyway Noxeros, you have to be very careful with how you word criticisms here amongst DoF's most dedicated fans ;)

You should have just posted it as a question. Saying something looks bad in these forums tends to bring you under heavy fire.

lol, it was pretty civil the first time it was brought up, I think it's mostly because it has been answered before that it'll be fixed eventually. The models themselves are correct, the engine simply does it mirrored because of a glitch right now, and left handed soldiers isn't a big priority heh.

Generation
01-21-2010, 04:47 PM
This is a pretty funny thread should be closed.

Supreme
01-21-2010, 05:02 PM
This is quite amusing, the only thing all of you can come up with as a complaint towards dawn of fantasy is a minor little engine glitch that can probably be fix in half a day.

Did you read the thread or just the title :-o

Darathor
01-21-2010, 05:41 PM
SCA

The Society of Creative Anachronism?

So overall, 'tis a minor thing that will be fixed before the release or during beta or whatever. It is pretty cool that people can only find little things like that wrong with the game, I sincerely hope this game is great, like it deserves to be.

Congratulations on your beta key Nox! :D

Josh Warner
01-21-2010, 07:05 PM

Indeed it is.

Kire
01-21-2010, 07:39 PM
This is quite amusing, the only thing all of you can come up with as a complaint towards dawn of fantasy is a minor little engine glitch that can probably be fix in half a day. :D

Quite hilarious. We will get on to fixing this asoon as the missing 'Extremely important game features' are all finished up. :) :p

Well we have to argue about something since this game is so perfect that there is no other reason to argue about o.-, or you just feed us with too little info and we run out of stuff to talk about =P.

Noxeros
01-22-2010, 12:53 AM

So overall, 'tis a minor thing that will be fixed before the release or during beta or whatever. It is pretty cool that people can only find little things like that wrong with the game, I sincerely hope this game is great, like it deserves to be.

Congratulations on your beta key Nox! :D

Thanks, Darathor!:) Congratulations to you 2!:D

Aametherar
01-24-2010, 06:34 AM
I've actually always preferred my units weapons in their left hand in games. Just a habit I picked up I suppose. I honestly don't get how it's a big deal in any way whos to say people in this world aren't just normally left handed? Wait why am I even entertaining this thread? Ahh well, it's good to know this is one of the "major concerns" shows so far we really got nothing bad to say about it.

Negthareas
01-24-2010, 09:24 AM
I don't think it makes too much of a difference. In the AoE series, I believe it was just radomly selected based on the units orignal position at the moment a game begain. I might be wrong on that... I will check.

It is a little technical issue that could make the game slightly less-realistic, but it is not too high of a priority really for me.

Generation
01-24-2010, 09:56 AM
I expected more from this but it really doesnt matter if they're left or right handed.

szebus
01-24-2010, 10:01 AM
After discussing left and right hand, we can discuss about how long nose and what color eyes should have the soldiers. :p

Negthareas
01-24-2010, 08:17 PM
That is what randomizers are for.

wills370
01-25-2010, 02:44 AM
This is a glitch which is going to be fixed everyone will be (i believe) right handed. So for people saying its a glitch that needs sorting etc. It already will be for release.

The Witch King of Angmar
01-25-2010, 07:30 AM
What is the big deal? Is this such a problem that a thread needed to be made about it?

Negthareas
01-25-2010, 08:54 PM
I don't think so. I think we pretty much covered the issue anyway.

The Witch King of Angmar
01-26-2010, 09:54 AM
Ok good. Closed.