PDA

View Full Version : What do you despise

blackfang
01-17-2010, 02:07 PM
Whats the worst things you know about? Talk openly no one knows each other:D Probably:p

The thing despise more then anything on earth is unfaithfulness, i dont know why but if i read about someone who is unfaithful i just begin to cry. Then if i read about the boy/girl friend finding out about it i cry myself to sleep. Nothing makes a mark on my soul as deep as that, i never experienced it myself but i just despise it. For instance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjr0QW5f0fI That, just a song is enough. This made me cry myself to sleep more than once:( If i see someone die somewhere i barely even care but just that unfaithfulness is probably among the very few things that makes me cry:(

I have no idea how it got to that maybe it is my reading of tons of books with unfaithfulness and then begin imagining myself in that mess or just that i suddenly understood it completely.

Well anyway thats the way to make me cry and even to make me furious, but now you can tell me what you despise just feel free. If you don't want to talk about it, it is up to you. No pressure:D Just do it:rolleyes:

Kire
01-17-2010, 02:29 PM
I despise unfairness, lying, manipulation, if someone treat someone in the way he would never do to himself, killing, thinking to be better than others, having no respect for themselves and others ...... lul its so many i could write on and on .... in other words i despise the way how ppl treat each other nowdays and things around them/us and at the end themselves (ofc not all ppl and some are also trying =P).

blackfang
01-17-2010, 02:33 PM
Well it may be how i am with my friends. OH noes i am despised:( Well i guess i deserve it as much as i use sarcasm:rolleyes: I can find the worst things to say, then again i can take a lot of curses and stuff back without doing anything. Well i guess i deserve it, well i guess i will survive. As long as unfaithfulness never happens to me i will probably live a good life.

LiTos456
01-17-2010, 02:37 PM
http://media.oregonlive.com/photogallery/photo/a27d8f93d6178efe87703345bd8a5868.jpg

I generally hate anyone without an interest/hobby or a talent that they're using. I hate immature American teenager kids who know nothing but hanging out with their stupid friends and smoking pot. I hate people who brag, I had people who are nosy, I pretty much hate so many things it can all be described in the picture above.

blackfang
01-17-2010, 02:45 PM
Well i don't despise anything else then what i said, but i do not like people who uses white snow or something like that and then get unfaithful. THAT IS THE (one of them) WORST thing ever:mad:

The Witch King of Angmar
01-17-2010, 04:22 PM
I hate hate. There it is. Don't hate stuff; you can extremely dislike something, but hate is a little strong for me...................and that's it.

blackfang
01-18-2010, 01:02 AM
well i despise:p well i don't know why i just begin to cry just hearing about it and get furious so i guess i despise it at least, it just happens. It would be typical if that were to happen to me when i get a girlfriend, i have had such a luck with bigger things in life. I guess that is also why i despise it.

Puppeteer
01-18-2010, 11:46 AM
I hate immature American teenager kids who know nothing but hanging out with their stupid friends and smoking pot.
I despise such blatant ignorance. Dismissing an entire sector of society because you consider yourself superior? I can say that you know nothing of said people.
I hate when people force their own religious morals on other people.
I hate when people question another person's meaning and purpose.
I hate when people assume they are worth more than others.
I'm not too fussed about hypocrisy, depending on its regularity and severity..

I used to be like Witch King, but I soon realised that I'm an existential nihilist (after a particularly poignant existential crisis) and well, my beliefs altered radically from there.

Joseph Visscher
01-18-2010, 12:46 PM
lol, oo goody.

I despise Oil Companies, and there influance to stop new technology that would put them out of business of free making money instead of free energy.

I despise the USA, nuff said.

I despise all banks, banks profit on the people whether it be interest or a tax payer bail out.

I despise Large corporations like Wall-Mart and EA to only name a few... They will cause the downfall of what ever they do.

I despise Greed which causes All of the above problems in this world.

szebus
01-18-2010, 01:19 PM
I hate money and all inventions that can replace it, and hate loving to have money. :)

massenic
01-18-2010, 01:52 PM
my top 3 things I hate are probably:
Selfish people who don't want to help out other people
people who think they are worth more than others (like puppeteer also said)
And trolls on the internet (this one is actually not really in the top 3 but it sure deserves a mention)

And I'm proud when I do things that oppose those things. I love helping out people! It really makes me happy :p

welshie
01-18-2010, 02:05 PM
My top things are:
1. Fottie fans thats just talk about it non-stop, srsly you take more intrest in that than in anything else, get a life!

2. People who think there god's gift. For one im not religious, and secondly if your gods gift then why are you such a prick, and i didnt ask for you!

3. People who are mouthy and then need there friends when it goes bad. You mouth off then expect to get somming back.

4. Biast people, picking people because there friends or relitaves when you have someone more capable.

Just a few things :)

blackfang
01-18-2010, 04:29 PM
Well some good entries here, and good reasons too:D Still i stay with both my feet planted on unfaithfulness, but i do have things i don't like.

For instance when people expect others to do their work and then that they should get credit for helping to lift the pencil.

People who sits in the middle of class and talk about who they have done it with loud and clear. Especially if it is the one i like:( Now i have no courage whatsoever to ask her out:(

Last thing i don't really like but i can't say i despise it but it is very hard for me to despise something, i just don't like very much. That is myself, i say things without thinking and either my whole class laughs or i say something very cruel. Even if they laugh it is not the result i am looking for. I even end up hurting my friends because i can't control myself at times. Its almost like someone takes over my body for some time. Tough it is not violent it got a hell of a language, and a bunch of evil comments:(

Well these are things i don't like but can't despise, for instance the number two. I know it is weird i just don't like it but that is me, to get me angry one of two conditions are to be there. Either you promise lots of things and then say no and deny everything, (this is the way to go for making me mad in games) Tough it is only for a second. The other is of course unfaithfulness.

I am so caught up in unfaithfulness that i can't even start to describe it, i guess i just really don't want that to happen to me.

So thats is more about me:)

Puppeteer
01-18-2010, 04:40 PM
On the other hand, I'm all for legalising polygamy as long as the parties involved are fine with it.

Henry Martin
01-18-2010, 04:50 PM
my top 3 things I hate are probably:
Selfish people who don't want to help out other people
people who think they are worth more than others (like puppeteer also said)
And trolls on the internet (this one is actually not really in the top 3 but it sure deserves a mention)

And I'm proud when I do things that oppose those things. I love helping out people! It really makes me happy :p

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/xazndavex/Motivational%20Posters/Trolls.jpg

Joseph Visscher
01-21-2010, 04:55 PM
>Troll Image<
:eek:
Help Help is there a Plastic Surgeons in the house!

just kidding, if that is real, I feel sorry for her and I should remove that image right now,,, its gotta be fake.

szebus
01-22-2010, 02:41 AM
Put some parental control or ESRB notice on that picture !!!

Henry Martin
01-22-2010, 02:31 PM
No, People need to know the truth! Trolls exist and you need to watch out. They some times hang around with Manbearpig:D.

blackfang
01-22-2010, 03:50 PM
Trolls may exist but normally in line for plastic surgeon.

DaFatalGigabyte
02-06-2010, 06:01 PM
I despise the term "friend" :mad:

zach12wqasxz
02-06-2010, 11:21 PM
i have some radicall views, well at least some ppl say i do

i HATE people that dont practice what they preach....

I HATE all and every type of religion and all the problems it causes in the world

i HATE large companies like wal-mart ( i have a soft spot for small buissnesses though )

i HATE the juvenile court system

i HATE corrupt goverments and officials

i HATE it when people are unneccesarily mean

i HATE my moms boyfreind

welshie
02-07-2010, 02:09 AM
i HATE my moms boyfreind

and i HATE the amercian way of spelling MUM!!! sorry but it gets on my oversized nipples...

Darathor
02-07-2010, 10:59 AM
I HATE all and every type of religion and all the problems it causes in the world

You shouldn't hate the religion, religion itself never causes any problems. The people who create the problems are the people who follow it or misinterpret and then follow there own misinterpretations of a certain religion. One example is the crusades, people don't like them and blame Christianity for it when, it's is the people's at that time fault. Nowhere in the bible does it say to kill infidels or to keep the holy land that they claim is the parts surrounding Jerusalem. You shouldn't hate a gun just because it shot someone, you should hate the person who used it if anything. A gun is just a tool to be used, while some tools are dangerous and should only be used by some people, you shouldn't blame the tool for everything that the person who used it did.

ash12181987
02-07-2010, 12:43 PM
Despise... Well there are a few things

1.) In every degree in college there are many types of people. If you spend anytime working on your degree you come across a specific type though. That guy. That guy who sucks up to the professor. That guy who thinks he's smarter, when infact he's a tool. That guy who is typically tied to a single hideous piece of ill conceived facial hair. Every degree has one. And I hate that guy.

2.) The theory of Man-made global warming. It's bull****.

3.) Fanatical Atheists. This is a recent inclusion to my list actually, but with the advent of the internet there are millions of people who are so frickin' happy about saying how much better they are than everyone else because, they have no religion. Get over yourself you million, alot of us don't have religion, doesn't make you a warrior for g- er... nothing, it makes you a pimple on the face of the world, one of 6 billion pimples, of varying levels of puss and bloat, your actually one of the pussier, bloated ones too because your forcing your belief down peoples throats like those religious people you resent so readily. This isn't to say I hate all Atheists, just the annoying ones.

4.) Most American Beer. See: Most. Budweiser, Miller, [Some] Sam Adams... your all trying too hard, or not hard enough. It either tastes like polluted water, or liquid bread. I don't want to choke down my beer, I want it to flow like the brilliant Amber river of awesome that it is.

5.) Good vs. Evil. Things aren't so black and white, get over it.

6.) Racism. Race is a cultural construct, not a biological one. We're not elves, dwarves, and humans; we're humans, humans, and more humans. A varying degree of Melatonin doesn't make you different.

7.) People who don't read posts before posting. Yeah, screw ya'll.

8.) Scientific ignorance. We live in the modern world, science is not something done by scary men in white coats, its done by people who work damn hard to achieve in complex and ever changing fields, with (Most often) intent to only to help mankind.

9.) Poor skills of debate: If you can't argue, then go sit in a corner and don't inflict your opinions on the rest of us.

10.) The American system of Education, in the south. Because I'm a product of it and it blows harder than a $4000 whore.

Yeah, those would be the top 10.

Puppeteer
02-07-2010, 01:21 PM
You shouldn't hate the religion, religion itself never causes any problems. The people who create the problems are the people who follow it or misinterpret and then follow there own misinterpretations of a certain religion. One example is the crusades, people don't like them and blame Christianity for it when, it's is the people's at that time fault. Nowhere in the bible does it say to kill infidels or to keep the holy land that they claim is the parts surrounding Jerusalem. You shouldn't hate a gun just because it shot someone, you should hate the person who used it if anything. A gun is just a tool to be used, while some tools are dangerous and should only be used by some people, you shouldn't blame the tool for everything that the person who used it did.
Remember the Bible advocating the murder of homosexuals? In both the Old and New testaments - Leviticus and Corinthian(s) springs to mind.
No, you can blame religion.

blackfang
02-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Btw everyone i think you should know about some religions stuff, i found this not long ago. Ap.gj.4,12 tells And there is no salvation in anyone else, for it is not given any other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.
and also
1.Joh.5,10 He that believe in the Son of God has the testimony in himself. Whoever does not believe God has made him a liar, for he has not believed in the testimony which God hath testified of his Son.
Which basically means that if you are a Christian you might go to heaven, if you are non Christian you go to hell since you do not believe in this god.

I know this is a bit off topic but i just thought i might share it with you, so i guess a bunch of you are accompanying me to hell at judgment day:(

Now we are done with religion:D

sneaky_squirrel
02-07-2010, 09:56 PM
I hate it when things don't go my way, when my plans are altered or if I accidentally hurt myself due to my own clumsiness.

I hate being disappointed after being very hyped (It really hurts a lot), that is why i don't usually get excited.

Supreme
02-08-2010, 01:20 AM
I hate people who hate things ^^

blackfang
02-08-2010, 04:44 AM
sneaky you have nothing to worry about when hurting yourself, the times i hurt MYSELF is just terrible. Two years ago i fell down a mountain and that was due to my own clumsiness and a year ago i fell and before i understood what happened i was half a sleep in a pool of blood. (it was just that i fell and scratched up both of my legs TERRIBLY) It was alot of blood. This year i cut myself in the hand with a knife (all the way over) I touched my almost red glowing dagger and burned myself terribly, i almost put my whole hand (luckily it was just barely touching) in an electric saw. I almost cut off a finger due to using a iron cut thinghie (something to cut iron with) Also i lost the skin on my knuckles due to a sandpaper machine thinge and its still healing. So what is your clumsiness? (this is just summarize of the worst of these two years (and what could be the worst) If not for my reaction time yesterday i would really have lost my finger on the iron cutting thingie. And the electric saw thingie was terribly close too. That time it was someone who accidently pushed me but i managed to grab the table right before i landed with my hand in the saw. Tough those close ones are just lucky but my clumsiness is terrible, every gym class i take either make me walk away with a burn from sliding on the floor or a stued foot or something.

So i guess my clumsiness exceeds others, then again i always win when it involves money and i always got a lot of luck. So its not bad at all:p Actually i guess i got it coming with all the luck i have had this last year. So anyone can beat that clumsiness?

welshie
02-08-2010, 09:02 AM
sneaky you have nothing to worry about when hurting yourself, the times i hurt MYSELF is just terrible. Two years ago i fell down a mountain and that was due to my own clumsiness and a year ago i fell and before i understood what happened i was half a sleep in a pool of blood. (it was just that i fell and scratched up both of my legs TERRIBLY) It was alot of blood. This year i cut myself in the hand with a knife (all the way over) I touched my almost red glowing dagger and burned myself terribly, i almost put my whole hand (luckily it was just barely touching) in an electric saw. I almost cut off a finger due to using a iron cut thinghie (something to cut iron with) Also i lost the skin on my knuckles due to a sandpaper machine thinge and its still healing. So what is your clumsiness? (this is just summarize of the worst of these two years (and what could be the worst) If not for my reaction time yesterday i would really have lost my finger on the iron cutting thingie. And the electric saw thingie was terribly close too. That time it was someone who accidently pushed me but i managed to grab the table right before i landed with my hand in the saw. Tough those close ones are just lucky but my clumsiness is terrible, every gym class i take either make me walk away with a burn from sliding on the floor or a stued foot or something.

So i guess my clumsiness exceeds others, then again i always win when it involves money and i always got a lot of luck. So its not bad at all:p Actually i guess i got it coming with all the luck i have had this last year. So anyone can beat that clumsiness?

you think thats bad, try doing the marines fitness exam before you can join up, doing all of it to a really good standard then the last bit just need to carry on and like 10 mins before the end snapping a ligimant! now thats heart braking!

p.s. thats the royal marines not the amercian ones

zach12wqasxz
02-08-2010, 09:55 AM
you think thats bad, try doing the marines fitness exam before you can join up, doing all of it to a really good standard then the last bit just need to carry on and like 10 mins before the end snapping a ligimant! now thats heart braking!

p.s. thats the royal marines not the amercian ones

oh really, im joining the american marines....UHRAH!!!

and you can point a lot of fingers when it comes to ppl misenterpreting religion and when religion is just straight up bad,...like worshiping the devil, thats a religion and its pretty bad itself, it doesnt need people to misenterpret
so in most cases ur right but not always is the case

oh and MUM isnt the proper spelling for MOM is it??????

blackfang
02-08-2010, 11:18 AM
mum is irish right? i watched stargate atlantis, also if i am ever going to join the military (probably not tough since our conscription is severely decreased) then i will probably try to join the para troopers or the pilot type:D Or if not then frontline soldiers are also good. (tough we will see.)

Puppeteer
02-08-2010, 11:30 AM
'Mum' is British, not just Irish.

like worshiping the devil, thats a religion and its pretty bad itself, it doesnt need people to misenterpret
The devil is just a god. It's all the same, regardless of the name. Not every variant of Satanism is bad. Not every variant of Christianity is good. At the very core, religions are defined by their prejudices.

Supreme
02-08-2010, 01:37 PM

Thats not clumsiness, thats just too bad :(.

But black: try any of the below which ive done as a kid:
-Picking up a metal iron bar you've been using to make a fire at the wrong end.
-Totally not seeing the stop signals while on (some sort of bobslee/sled on rails) thing causing my ear to gain a nasty cut. (Not noticing of course untill my brother yelled your ear bleeds)
-Falling over a soccerball while in spain on vacation and breaking your wrist

I've got a few more but I think these are my best. Oh all on vacation.

Think I got ya beat?

Darathor
02-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Remember the Bible advocating the murder of homosexuals? In both the Old and New testaments - Leviticus and Corinthian(s) springs to mind.
No, you can blame religion.

I can't find the verse in Corinthians(can you please be more specific?), and I didn't bother looking in Leviticus because that would be Judaism, not Christianity.

Saying that you can blame religion is saying that man is not responsible for his actions on such matters. Your saying that religion literally controls the person and makes him do these things, when the person can quite easily say no or just not do it.

Puppeteer
02-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Saying that you can blame religion is saying that man is not responsible for his actions on such matters. Your saying that religion literally controls the person and makes him do these things, when the person can quite easily say no or just not do it.
Notice I said that you can blame religion. Both parties are blame - both the ignorance of man to believe such rot and his bigotry to follow the prejudices, and of course the religion itself, for being such rot and preaching bigotry.
Some added ones from a religious discussion we've had on another board.
1 Cor 6:9 "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals"

1 Tim 1:9-10 "realizing the fact that (civil) law is not made for a righteous man, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers"

Rom 1:26-27 "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error."
It's not even a case of morality. This is why quite a lot of the time, religion is a despicable practice.

Darathor
02-08-2010, 05:30 PM
You said that the bible advocates killing them, those verses don't. The bible merely says that what they do is a sin. Homosexuality is all about lust, though. Some would claim that it is love that drives them, but it isn't really. You seem to be under the impression that the bible tells people to openly shun homosexuals and be prejudiced towards them and the like. Christians don't do that, we try to correct them, that's it, we don't burn their houses or anything.

ash12181987
02-08-2010, 08:46 PM
I have another despise to break up this really unnecessarily serious sounding theological debate:

Movie Bob on the Escapist. I hate that guy...

Henry Martin
02-08-2010, 09:08 PM
Christians don't do that, we try to correct them, that's it, we don't burn their houses or anything.

"Correct them". You could try rubbing their nose in it and say no or hit them with a rolled up news paper lol.

So what you are saying is that they are broken and "Christians" are trying to fix them:confused:?

alpha30ns
02-09-2010, 01:09 AM
The top things i despise

1. I hate liars and cheaters

2. People who dont respect other peoples religious views. (ultimately you dont know who is right or wrong)

3. Kids who don't respect their parents, elders

4. People who hate EVERYTHING about the USA (not all of us are ****** up like our government) believe it or not some of us are actually normal :D

5. lastly the biggest thing i despise is racism

i despise alot of other things but ill leave those out

Supreme
02-09-2010, 09:35 AM
"Correct them". You could try rubbing their nose in it and say no or hit them with a rolled up news paper lol.

So what you are saying is that they are broken and "Christians" are trying to fix them:confused:?

Well that would be a whole different discussion because organically speaking one could claim they are broken, you cant make babies with the same sex and all. But who cares.

Nothing to see here gentlemen, move along.
http://www.legaljuice.com/funny%20police%20officer%20south%20park%20barbrady .jpg

blackfang
02-09-2010, 09:44 AM
Btw now that you put up that south park guy, i just remembered something. In usa the people protest against everything while the government do everything and because of this they are allowed to do anything they want.

Puppeteer
02-09-2010, 11:02 AM
Darathor the verses advocating killing are in the old testament, I then just wanted to show the advocation of discrimination in that loathsome book.

Homosexuality is all about lust, though. Some would claim that it is love that drives them, but it isn't really.
Clearly you're neither gay nor have you talked properly to someone who is. If the bible wanted people to reconcile with such people, why preach this bigotry? It's hypocrisy!

Well that would be a whole different discussion because organically speaking one could claim they are broken, you cant make babies with the same sex and all.
Who is to say that procreation is the parameter for being 'fixed'? Malthusian followers might disagree with you.

Supreme
02-09-2010, 11:04 AM
http://www.legaljuice.com/funny%20police%20officer%20south%20park%20barbrady .jpg

Darathor
02-09-2010, 04:54 PM
You can say "correct" to mean a lot of things. I'll use nicer words now since it offends you. And yes, I have a few gay friends. And I fail to see the hypocrisy, I'm trying to get them to convert to Christianity and not be gay. So I'm telling them the things that are wrong with gayness. I'm telling them what I think are faults to attempt to get them to reconcile and rethink their lifestyle.

If your talking about the advocation of killing them in the old testament, then that was probably to keep the Jews "clean" until the messiah came.(and I still haven't seen the verse so I can't tell much of anything about that at all)

Christians do not(or at least should not) discriminate against anyone for any reason.

The bible never says for a Christian to treat anyone worse for any reason, so this bigotry you say it has is wrong. It says that the act/person is wrong, only that. No one is ever told to treat someone worse because they did something bad or anything.

Supreme
02-10-2010, 01:57 AM

Move along people.

zach12wqasxz
02-10-2010, 08:42 AM
You can say "correct" to mean a lot of things. I'll use nicer words now since it offends you. And yes, I have a few gay friends. And I fail to see the hypocrisy, I'm trying to get them to convert to Christianity and not be gay. So I'm telling them the things that are wrong with gayness. I'm telling them what I think are faults to attempt to get them to reconcile and rethink their lifestyle.

If your talking about the advocation of killing them in the old testament, then that was probably to keep the Jews "clean" until the messiah came.(and I still haven't seen the verse so I can't tell much of anything about that at all)

Christians do not(or at least should not) discriminate against anyone for any reason.

The bible never says for a Christian to treat anyone worse for any reason, so this bigotry you say it has is wrong. It says that the act/person is wrong, only that. No one is ever told to treat someone worse because they did something bad or anything.

even though im not a major fan of religion or homosexuality, i woulndt try to change another persons religion or lifestyle, i mean ive never seen a christian guy succesfully convert a gay to straight again, its like complelty unheard of to even try where i come from, if a man loves another man we leave them be, we may not like it but we dont say anything about it.
also this is exaclty what i hate about religion, 2 ppl interpret the bible differently and now are debating it, wich could definalty lead to a flame war, and if you two were face to face this would lead to an all out verbal fight, and then if things get really bad, even physical

blackfang
02-10-2010, 09:12 AM
BY the way, like I said BEFORE what is there to argue about, there are more then one religion who says you go to hell if you don't follow them so everybody is going to hell anyway. No need to argue about who are sinners and who are not:cool:

Darathor
02-10-2010, 05:24 PM
I don't fight(fight, not debate or argument), at all. A verbal fight is useless, a physical fight is moronic, and both lead to nowhere. I don't try to start a flame war, and I try to not participate in one.

Hug for Puppeteer?

Hugs for everyone?:D

zach12wqasxz
02-10-2010, 07:53 PM
I don't fight(fight, not debate or argument), at all. A verbal fight is useless, a physical fight is moronic, and both lead to nowhere. I don't try to start a flame war, and I try to not participate in one.

Hug for Puppeteer?

Hugs for everyone?:D

oh i wasnt trying to say that you guys were going to start fighting, i meant that its possible, which is why i dont like the concept of religion

ash12181987
02-11-2010, 09:51 PM
you know what I really Really REALLY hate?

People who go on other forums to advertise games.

Liljagare
02-12-2010, 02:26 AM
Swear to all the gods there might be (but mostly Tor, because he's cool), I'll never understand humans!!!! :P

zach12wqasxz
02-12-2010, 09:37 AM
you know what I really Really REALLY hate?

People who go on other forums to advertise games.

so i assume your not participating in the DOF referal contest?, missin out on a beta key there

ash12181987
02-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Yeah, Guess not. I don't have time to troll multiple forums for little return beyond complete humiliation. :rolleyes:

Josh Warner
02-12-2010, 05:49 PM
Yeah, Guess not. I don't have time to troll multiple forums for little return beyond complete humiliation. :rolleyes:

We discuss plenty of other games on these forums, RTSes, LoL, MMORPGs, Warhammer etc. I don't recall anyone ever being humiliated for any of them. You can go to an off topic forum and you know... discuss it. We're not evony, we're not so hard up for advertising that we want our members to spam, simply to talk about it and spread the word to those they think might like it. If we see anyone doing actual advertising like the evony bot spam - I seriously doubt they'd be getting a key no matter how referrals.

http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=748

http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1111

http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=797

http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1188

http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1166

http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1163

That's just a handful of links discussing other games, from one page of our off topic forum. Most forums are like ours - developers don't mind discussion about other games, even ones they're competing with as long as it's discussion, blatant advertising will be removed, but they also realize their customers can enjoy more than one video game. Just use the appropriate sub-forum, usually off topic.

I know a few people do it already, and I did it for a while myself before becoming an intern, creating a topic and showing anyone interested in it the website and answering what questions I could. I got a few dozen people at least interested in the game with minimal effort and got to talk about the game that I was so interested in with others which I enjoyed. I wouldn't suggest doing this sort of thing if you're not established in a community however, having one post and it being talking about another game on their forums that would be an insult, but the forums I did this on I had several hundred or several thousand posts so it wasn't perceived as advertising. They saw it for what it was, a player of their game discussing another game with people that he thinks might also like it.

Oh and there's no way I'm touching the other current topic, just try and keep it civil gentlemen :p

ash12181987
02-12-2010, 06:20 PM
...I wouldn't suggest doing this sort of thing if you're not established in a community however, having one post and it being talking about another game on their forums that would be an insult...
A good point. I'll drop it.

Josh Warner
02-12-2010, 07:28 PM
A good point. I'll drop it.

Hey don't worry about it - sorry if that came off as I was angry with you. Just wanted to be very clear on what we do and don't want, namely spamming which just isn't acceptable and portrays us in a bad light. We seriously don't want to be the next evony :P

Thechampio2
02-22-2010, 07:22 AM
I hate people who hate things ^^

Dude you stole mine. I hate people who hate on haters. We all have a right to hate and hate alike. Stop repressing my hate views with your logic and sense! :p :p