PDA

View Full Version : Nice looking game

Pilgrim
01-12-2010, 06:39 AM
A fantasy game with epic armies similar to the total war series, with nicely designed cities and buildings to scale.
I felt battle for middle earth made huge advances in fantasy RTS that I was surprised were never built upon until now.
I'm impressed. Well done Reverie.

I admit this thread should be removed for pointlessness but I just wanted to say GJ.

blackfang
01-12-2010, 06:55 AM
You just follow the general opinion, everyone knows this is going to get bigger then WOW!

Henry Martin
01-12-2010, 07:08 AM
Nothing wrong with giving thanks I think this should be "the Pub thread section", but I could be wrong.

I am also hoping that this game is a success and as good as it sounds.

blackfang
01-12-2010, 07:40 AM
of course it has to be! it is the FIRST game i ever got my hopes up for!!! After the total letdown of wow:D

welshie
01-12-2010, 07:45 AM
well this game is gunna be epic if the is produced properly (looks like it is going to be) and not just shoved in the box as soon as it seems playable. and to the WoW comment it wasnt a failure vanilla wow was the best game ive played ever, the expansions however major fail. i just hope this game gives me the excitement and thrill of playing the game and then realising that you have 2 hours untill work becauseyou forgot to go sleep.

blackfang
01-12-2010, 07:47 AM
well i liked the beta since i was among the first to lvl 60:rolleyes: but i totally hated it after that, mostly because i failed at every test we had when i played it... And lost my computer:mad:

Jack
01-12-2010, 09:50 AM
they won't take down wow
there are to many people who have to play it day and night
but if we doe it, than i would be proud *snik*

blackfang
01-12-2010, 10:16 AM
:D Well if they don't shut down the wow servers soon, my friend will loose his entire life. He got 4 lvl 80ties and that is just those 80ties he got lots of more characters:mad: He plays day and night, except from when he is reading in his precious twilight books:eek:

Kire
01-12-2010, 03:05 PM
He plays day and night, except from when he is reading in his precious twilight books:eek:

Male reading twilight books o.O ... strange =P.
Beside i dont think it will brought down WoW but it will at least set a standard for all future (rts) games.

blackfang
01-12-2010, 03:38 PM
a standard? no you are wrong, this game wont set just the standards, it will topple the standards and make something unachievable:rolleyes:

Darathor
01-12-2010, 08:39 PM
I believe that this game will be awesome and become very popular, and I'm pretty sure this thread has fulfilled its purpose for letting people say how much they like this game and say how big they think it will be.

Puppeteer
01-13-2010, 09:36 AM
Realistically, I see this doing well underground. Nothing mainstream - otherwise it'd have to be an FPS!
I doubt it'll become a 'household name' game, more one of those hidden gems. My favourite kind of gem. Not the slutty gem. Urgh, she gets everywhere.

blackfang
01-13-2010, 10:01 AM
I am going to keep to myself what kinda gem i think that is unless you want to tell it or am i XD it is very evil what i think of:rolleyes:

welshie
01-13-2010, 10:53 AM
I think this game will be quite quiet for the frist few months then i recon there will be a boom of players comming in.

blackfang
01-13-2010, 10:54 AM
Then i reckon there will be a boom of work for the developers:p

The Witch King of Angmar
01-13-2010, 05:01 PM
Hopefully it will have a similar feel as Sup. Com. It's a shame, RTS games are just pushed aside by FPS along with all other games; as stated before. However, it should still do well in the long run.

blackfang
01-13-2010, 11:54 PM
Rts is good for everything, fps is awesome but tends to get quite boring. Click and pwn (that wow kinda thing) is just too tragic.

Henry Martin
01-14-2010, 05:27 AM
I would overall agree with you the witch king, but more established companies that release RTS's will be noticed just like FPS's. Starcraft 2 for example will be well known when released. This game released at the wrong time probably will be over shadowed by another game. like how early this year between feb-april, atleast 4 major titles that I can think of would push a lot of games aside.

Pilgrim
01-14-2010, 06:09 AM
Realistically, I see this doing well underground. Nothing mainstream - otherwise it'd have to be an FPS!
I doubt it'll become a 'household name' game, more one of those hidden gems. My favourite kind of gem. Not the slutty gem. Urgh, she gets everywhere.

FPS tend to be the mainstream games with decent sized online communities but Warcraft III was/is definitely an exception with 4 online comunities of tens of thousands.

However, how many RTS have you people played online? I'm afraid there are a lot of real gems out there that you have never really been able to play online because there are only ever a handful of people connected and you can't find well matched games.

Realistically, as pupeteer says, this is the oficial forum for a game due to come out this year and the active population is about 10 posters. That does mean something.
I'm afraid blizzard seem to have a monopoly on RTS multiplayer success and its very hard for new companies to break into it and flourish.
I also had a good experience with AoK online but other games havent worked out in multiplayer.

Josh Warner
01-14-2010, 07:21 AM
FPS tend to be the mainstream games with decent sized online communities but Warcraft III was/is definitely an exception with 4 online comunities of tens of thousands.

However, how many RTS have you people played online? I'm afraid there are a lot of real gems out there that you have never really been able to play online because there are only ever a handful of people connected and you can't find well matched games.

Realistically, as pupeteer says, this is the oficial forum for a game due to come out this year and the active population is about 10 posters. That does mean something.
I'm afraid blizzard seem to have a monopoly on RTS multiplayer success and its very hard for new companies to break into it and flourish.
I also had a good experience with AoK online but other games havent worked out in multiplayer.

Online RTSes...

Anyone play on the travesty that was westwood online? I loved the RA games, but good lord westwood online was awful.

nicolelux
01-27-2010, 05:39 PM
Hmm Just anwsered my question.... thanks:)

Swift sword
01-27-2010, 08:58 PM
I agree that BFME was an excellent stratgey game, although I didn't like BFME2 as much as the original. I will say that BFME looked a little to dead on most of the maps-it was soil with trees. Not enough grass and bushes.
Anyways, DoF is certainly looking better than any other games. It's on the top of my to-get list for sure.

Not at all a pointless thread, I'm sure the devs love hearing what everybody thinks on a single thread rather than it being strecthed across the globe of the forums...;)

Negthareas
01-28-2010, 03:33 PM
Hmm. I personally will love this game. Though it will be interesting to see how the market will react when it comes out. Even if there are only a few active posters, I think there are probably a lot of people that "pop in and out" every few months to see if the game will come out soon.

zach12wqasxz
01-28-2010, 07:14 PM
Hmm. I personally will love this game. Though it will be interesting to see how the market will react when it comes out. Even if there are only a few active posters, I think there are probably a lot of people that "pop in and out" every few months to see if the game will come out soon.

ya a lot of ppl do that, also ppl that win beta keys u never seen again on the forums usually

Negthareas
01-31-2010, 09:50 AM
They probably think they have it made -:p "Ive got a beta key so I don't have to participate in the forum any more":eek: Those are people we DONT want to get Beta keys, as they are supposed to be rewards for constructive participation, right?

blackfang
01-31-2010, 11:09 AM
I got one and i will stay here at least till it goes retail, (just to be realistic) i don't plan on spending my entire life here.

zach12wqasxz
02-02-2010, 03:52 PM
I got one and i will stay here at least till it goes retail, (just to be realistic) i don't plan on spending my entire life here.

ya in 12 years when the games is outdated i might stop blogging lol

sneaky_squirrel
02-02-2010, 08:13 PM
They probably think they have it made -:p "Ive got a beta key so I don't have to participate in the forum any more":eek: Those are people we DONT want to get Beta keys, as they are supposed to be rewards for constructive participation, right?

A game of survival, welcome to real life ;p.

You must strike like a swallow and pounce like a tiger, then run away like fox /crow hybrid into the woods (If you stay on the forusm too long, someone might snatch the key from you).

Josh Warner
02-03-2010, 04:20 PM

Heh, I've stopped posting as much but not because I don't want to participate (Since being hired) it's mostly because I want to talk about things I'm not allowed to yet :o I can't wait for beta almost as much as you guys.

Negthareas
02-03-2010, 05:53 PM
I was not talking in any way about you, Josh. :( As to staying around long enough for the game to go obsolete - I would not hold anyone to that commitment.