PDA

View Full Version : Reason for name

blackfang
01-11-2010, 03:03 PM
this has probably been posted before, but i feel i want to know your reason for your names:) The reason i use this name is because i am a fan of sci fi and ended up reading warhammer 40 k books and used claw for squad and i dunno for larger groups but the fang was their home and i thought paint it black! Thus Blackfang

Kire
01-11-2010, 06:28 PM
You can figure my reason by yourself =P.

(if failing at that =):i luv my name and have just little coded it)

edit:y, for below me

Jean=A=Luc
01-11-2010, 07:03 PM
Because Picard rocks. :D
http://www.pinkraygun.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/riker-and-picard-model-hats.jpg

Kire = Erik?

Josh Warner
01-11-2010, 07:17 PM
http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1119

Is somewhat like this.

The name I use, Haeso, is a deliberate misspelling of a character from an anime since the correct spelling is usually taken in the games I've played. I ended up using it because of someone asking me to for one game, and while I didn't particularly care for the Anime I like the name because it's short and easy to remember. Longer and more obscure names tend to be forgotten over time, a short and concise name can be remembered, I've had people from 6 years ago recognize it when we happened to be playing another game together after having fallen out of contact.

The Witch King of Angmar
01-11-2010, 07:31 PM
I like Lord of The Rings...

Henry Martin
01-11-2010, 07:44 PM
I think everyone can guess what I was getting at. Everyone I tell that as my name they laugh. I only ran across someone (sort of) that didn't like my name. I think my name is pretty memorable and because people laugh at the joke I was getting at, they remember it.

Darathor
01-11-2010, 08:25 PM
I just think that Darathor is a really good elf name. So I use it for all things elven. I have a couple other names that I use occasionally, but I really only use Darathor for things now. It's almost never taken since I just came up with it randomly.

Jonathan Werk
01-11-2010, 11:13 PM
I dunno... you'd have to ask my parents.

My gaming nick for a while has been HailToTheOboe (because I play the oboe).
I started out using the name "oboeman" on Age of Empires because I thought it was a clever pun on "bowman" (could I possibly have been more wrong?) but stuck with it anyway, and on Age of Mythology, I joined the "HailToThe" clan, and just keep the tag for consistency even when not with clannies.

blackfang
01-11-2010, 11:52 PM
The name I use, Haeso,
:confused: Haseo? Like in .//hack or is it haeso? if so i got no idea:rolleyes:

sneaky_squirrel
01-12-2010, 12:03 AM
The first day I used the internet on ESO AoE3, I spent 10 minutes thinking of an alias, and voilá, sneaky squirrel was born.

blackfang
01-12-2010, 12:30 AM
Well my nicknames are all born through hard work, like lord tae which is one of em... i used 2 hours thinking for a nick name for ebony (i quit right after) and well there it was, then it is magicblue or magicbluie for eve online. It was through playing a game called wurm and a guy there was named magic and i grew fond of the name magic and i like the word blue i prefer purple of colors tough:p

massenic
01-12-2010, 02:56 AM
My nickname irl is Massi, which comes from my uncle who calls me like that (for no known reason) since I was about 6 or something:p
Since I started my game dev education, I started thinking about an appropriate name as my "artist name". I wanted to have a part of my real life nickname in it, so I eventually came up with Masscenic. First part from the nickname,part is scenic (me making nice 3d environments;) ).

And when I came on this forum I made a typo and since I just invented the name I'm keeping it with the typo. (yes, it's a very recent name)

Before this name I a lot of different names for each game, but it's easier to have a name for all games the same.

Josh Warner
01-12-2010, 03:41 AM
:confused: Haseo? Like in .//hack or is it haeso? if so i got no idea:rolleyes:

Correct it was from .hack//Sign

blackfang
01-12-2010, 06:24 AM
The terror of death haseo. Kinda weird title i think tough:p Btw have you seen the movie in 3d? It is straight down AWESOME:D

welshie
01-12-2010, 06:30 AM
Well my gaming name is eaither - welshie/welsh-idiot this is because allthough i live in england i have a welsh heritage and everyone here in england called me welshie so when i first started gaming online it was taken by someone so i decided to have welsh-idiot, as im an idiot sometimes :D but later when i started games from the begining the name welshie started to open up to me so i swiched from welsh-idiot to welshie. the only downside is 'are you welsh?!' or from the real fools say 'You calling welsh idiots?!?! >:('

blackfang
01-12-2010, 07:52 AM
well if i were to take my linage i would probably have to go as far back as the American south states, thats my fathers linage my mother is a Same (like we call them, it is a people that live north in Norway, Sweden and Finland. Also some in russia. Tough i expect you to know that.)

Also i got one more user name i didn't tell about and that is Mutator, i was trying to find a nick for a wow account during beta and was playing with my remote controlled car when it suddenly struck me. The spoiler had the writing Mutator on it and i ran up typed it in and played:D

zach12wqasxz
01-12-2010, 11:29 AM
i got my name from repeatedly trying to create an Email adress and failing becasue all the names i thought would be cool were taken, so i decided to put a series of numbers and letters after my real name, after that i just used the same name for everything. ive been reaquatned with a few freinds becasue they rememberd me from other games. so all in all ill be sticking qith zach12wqasxz for everything i play

Henry Martin
01-12-2010, 12:07 PM
i got my name from repeatedly trying to create an Email adress and failing becasue all the names i thought would be cool were taken, so i decided to put a series of numbers and letters after my real name, after that i just used the same name for everything. ive been reaquatned with a few freinds becasue they rememberd me from other games. so all in all ill be sticking qith zach12wqasxz for everything i play

I had that problem on playstation network, I got so annoyed and I now have the name "Dam_name".

I also used "who loves orange soda?." If anyone every heard of the show "the kenan and kel show". Kenan (or someone else) would say" who loves orange soda" and kel would always say " kel loves orange soda. I do, I do, I do..ooo".

Unen
01-12-2010, 12:19 PM
A while back I was creating a character in never winter nights and using the games name generator to find a good name and it came up with something like Unem which I changed to Unen and its stuck with me ever since.

zach12wqasxz
01-12-2010, 12:31 PM
I had that problem on playstation network, I got so annoyed and I now have the name "Dam_name".

I also used "who loves orange soda?." If anyone every heard of the show "the kenan and kel show". Kenan (or someone else) would say" who loves orange soda" and kel would always say " kel loves orange soda. I do, I do, I do..ooo".

dude i LOVED that show
i think this is a different movie but has kenan and kell in it, "welcome to good burger home of the good burger may i take your order"?
ah, one of my favorite quotes ever

Henry Martin
01-12-2010, 12:47 PM
Yeah that was Good burger the movie. Good burger was a skit on "all that" (if you everseen it, was an awesome show too). those were the good days of nick. Most of the show today aren't as good.

I also noticed that the forums have a time limit if you don't do anything for so long. How long is the time? around 5min?

LiTos456
01-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Absolutely no reason. Litos I just came up with on the run.
However much later I realized it has a hidden message: Lit-os. Leet-OS. Leet Operating System. Elite Operating System.
There. I'm an Elite Operating System. Or EOS.
Hmm, there's a nice clan name...

Kaznafein
01-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Mine sort of comes from a book series, the actual name was Zaknafein one of my favortie characters in the book and I just switched the z with the k and got kaznafein which I thought sounded good, been using it for awhile now. The book series is from R.A. Salvatore.

Negthareas
01-20-2010, 06:10 PM
My name is actually the name of a character from a fantasy series that I am working on... it would take a very long time to explain. The story I submitted for the Build a Battle Competition was an edited version of one of the battles from my fantasy world.

nicolelux
01-28-2010, 03:17 PM
My name is my real name duh and the LUX part was after one of my hero's, she was a roller girl in Austin Texas:)

Robert Schultz
02-05-2010, 07:06 PM
Etymology
The nickname of Robert Schultz, "Brightgalrs" (braɪtˈgæl'eːrɛz), derives from the Proto-Indo-European bʰereg "to gleam, whiten", + -galrs "is super awesome", from Old Norse gallin, "to sing bewitching songs". The first use of the nickname was in the Runa-Scāpus Period (approx. 2006 AD) of the Schültzenbürger dynasty of Eastern America. The Interrete Road lead to the spread of the term to all parts of the globe. The Chinese philosopher Arccaniesta (approx. 2009 AD) made used the name to describe a badassed man in his work 他性感 (Tā Xìng Gǎn). In 2010 AD a revolutionary, Azure de Columbia, used the name in his radical publications which further reinforced the awesome nature of it.

Generation
02-05-2010, 09:58 PM
bro gave me this name and i used it ever since then and as u can see I'm really not creative ftw!

wills370
02-07-2010, 07:29 AM
Well mine is pretty obvious so i add a s on the name of will, so it isent normally taken as much. Also i added the numbers becouse even wills is taken on most games (who would have thought:P). So wills370 it is :)

szebus
02-07-2010, 07:47 AM
Szebus comes as the nickname for Sebastian ... friends tend to call me Szebus, don't know to write it fonetic.

ash12181987
02-07-2010, 11:50 AM
Well my gaming name is eaither - welshie/welsh-idiot this is because allthough i live in england i have a welsh heritage and everyone here in england called me welshie so when i first started gaming online it was taken by someone so i decided to have welsh-idiot, as im an idiot sometimes :D but later when i started games from the begining the name welshie started to open up to me so i swiched from welsh-idiot to welshie. the only downside is 'are you welsh?!' or from the real fools say 'You calling welsh idiots?!?! >:('
I really had hoped it was a futurama joke.

Ash12181987

Ash: My favorite movie characters of all time: Ashley Pitt from The Great Escape and Ashley J. Williams. Because real men, can rock feminine names.

12-18-1987: I'll leave this one (Properly formatted) up to the imagination.

Before that, it was: Ewokshaman. Which was a combination of two nicknames I had in middleschool.

welshie
02-07-2010, 11:58 AM
I really had hoped it was a futurama joke.

Ash12181987

Ash: My favorite movie characters of all time: Ashley Pitt from The Great Escape and Ashley J. Williams. Because real men, can rock feminine names.

12-18-1987: I'll leave this one (Properly formatted) up to the imagination.

Before that, it was: Ewokshaman. Which was a combination of two nicknames I had in middleschool.

futurama joke? where did that come from :P

ash12181987
02-07-2010, 12:03 PM
Here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where_No_Fan_Has_Gone_Before)

Makes less sense as an obscure science fiction culture reference if you haven't seen the episode though ;)