PDA

View Full Version : Good Mods

Darathor
01-04-2010, 06:14 PM
Post mods that you think are great here(and please remember to mention the game that they require too).

I recently got the expansion Medieval 2 total war, and I got Third Age Total War mod. It is awesome. The factions are well-developed, the units look good(as does the world map), and it's relatively well-balanced.

Natural Selection is a fps mod for Half-Life featuring marines vs aliens called Kharaa. It's pretty cool. The guys who made it formed a company and are making a sequel called Natural Selection 2 that they will sell for 20$ per game, at least for pre-ordering. It looks cool too.

Age of Chivalry, while I haven't played, looks cool. It is a mod for half-life 2 and I was wondering if anyone here has tried it.

Henry Martin
01-04-2010, 08:54 PM
You should check Agon: rebirth of hellenes, All Under Heaven and Dragonlance. These are some mods for Medieval 2 total war that I am part of. They are not out yet but the first too are pretty close.

blackfang
01-05-2010, 01:00 AM
i play horde lands for mount and blade:) of course i got that third age thingie on my Mtw2 and i use warhammer mod and battle for Asia for Rome total war:) (tough warhammer mod does not have campaign) Also i used to play this tetris map inside a zombie mod thingie for hl 2 i do not remember the name, i always won because of my quick spawning:D Else i can not really think of anything else, except i do play ns and i did play age of chivalry.

Kire
01-05-2010, 04:58 AM
I play Roots of Yggdrassil mod for mount and blade =).

blackfang
01-05-2010, 06:15 AM
Well i think i got that mod stuffed away somewhere:)

lonewolf9567
01-08-2010, 09:01 PM
you should get garrys mod its beast and its only 10 bucks try it out

Josh Warner
01-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Age of Chivalry is fantastic, pretty simple but it does take some time to master it.

Rubenrobbie2
04-29-2010, 06:09 PM
Theres a mod based on LOTR books called "The Last Days of The Third Age" its a mod for Mount and Blade 0.808. TLD mod only works with 0.808 before you try to play the mount and blade and TLD.

Yami-Yagari
04-30-2010, 03:34 AM
Play Third Age and Warhammer mod mostly. Have tried Fourth Age, but Third Age is way better.

nickson104
04-30-2010, 11:20 AM
Age of Chivalry is fantastic, pretty simple but it does take some time to master it.

I tried it once... 2 minutes and 3 deaths later I closed it down, never to be opened again... :p

Anyway, I generally dont mod whatsoever

Aametherar
04-30-2010, 08:42 PM
I know this is probably throwing a hook in an RTS zone, but the Movie Battles II mod for Jedi Academy (fps) was amazing. I don't know if it was developed for newer ones in the star wars FPS series but the depth of the mod and different game play it brought was amazing. It was interesting to see light sabers take so much skill rather than just automatically blocking things as well.

DarkMaster
04-30-2010, 09:21 PM
Hmm I can list a couple:

BfME1 - "The Dwarf Holds". Adds a dwarf faction that fits into the others seamlessly. Also has some AMAZING skins for the existing units.

SW:EaW:FoC - "Republic at War". Yes, I know it's not released yet, but it looks simply amazing, particularly when it comes to maps.

AoE2:AoK - "Age of Chivalry". No, not the half-life mod. Focuses on historical accuracy, with an almost entirely new set of civs, each one unique. This is the biggest overhaul of a game I have ever seen, and as soon as you start it up, you can tell the amount of work that has gone into it. Simply amazing.

nickson104
05-01-2010, 05:02 AM
AoE2:AoK - "Age of Chivalry". No, not the half-life mod. Focuses on historical accuracy, with an almost entirely new set of civs, each one unique. This is the biggest overhaul of a game I have ever seen, and as soon as you start it up, you can tell the amount of work that has gone into it. Simply amazing.

OH the AoK mod! I thought you were talking about the HL mod, I'm guessing it was meant to be a historical version of Team Fortress, but failed in my opinion... :p WOOPS :) Damn you Steam, for causing this misunderstanding! :p

wills370
05-01-2010, 05:56 AM
The mods on X3 are awsome. Aswell as well thought out and the mods on mount and blade also add alot of playablilty to the game :)

Negthareas
05-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Wow -I never knew about Dwarf Holds and was very disappointed with BFME2, thanks for listing it!

Josh Warner
05-01-2010, 01:23 PM
Nobody has mentioned Counter-Strike yet, interesting.

otomotopia
05-01-2010, 07:24 PM

Speaking of which, I want to play you in AoCH. I was a top player within Hyperion (Darkfall) in AoCH before DF hit the shelves (...and I subsequently quit), and always look to get to know the dev team.

Josh Warner
05-01-2010, 08:16 PM
Speaking of which, I want to play you in AoCH. I was a top player within Hyperion (Darkfall) in AoCH before DF hit the shelves (...and I subsequently quit), and always look to get to know the dev team.

I was Haeso in darkfall, Hyperion as well. Don't recognize your name though, most people recognize me. I was rather.. outspoken, lets go with that ;) I don't have AoCH installed at the moment though. Most of my time is either with my girlfriend or working on DoF these days, I've found a bit of time for SCII and a few other releases I'll typically play for a day or two. ACII, S7 etc.

DarkMaster
05-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Hehe - it's such a common term among gamers (and even non-gamers) that everyone forgets it's a mod:p

blackfang
05-02-2010, 01:14 PM
pfft zombie master and battle grounds 2 is better:D