PDA

View Full Version : Windowed Mode

Arctopus
01-03-2010, 10:36 AM
I'd love to have a windowed mode option in Dawn of Fantasy.
A lot games nowadays don't have this function, you have to edit config files in either the game folder or somewhere hidden in /appdata/.

Unen
01-03-2010, 04:12 PM
I'd love to have a windowed mode option in Dawn of Fantasy.
A lot games nowadays don't have this function, you have to edit config files in either the game folder or somewhere hidden in /appdata/.

Really? 99% of the games I play (and 100% of mmos) have windowed modes.

Chris Harshman
01-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Even if there is no toggle with games, adding -w to the target in the shortcut will put the game in Windows Mode.

Arctopus
01-04-2010, 09:30 AM
Even if there is no toggle with games, adding -w to the target in the shortcut will put the game in Windows Mode.
There are games which don't support this because the splashscreen somehow blocks it. For example call of cthulhu, you have to use certain software to run it windowed.

walkermore
11-09-2010, 12:25 AM
Each time a description of the change, there are always lots of talk about it anywhere. These are not exempt. A statement usually find is the following: "I have to change versions almost immediately, so I do not get up to date I'll keep waiting target ..

Kyzarin
11-12-2010, 04:27 PM
I'll generally run the game full screen, but it's definitely nice to have the ability to run the game windowed when I want to be able to quickly flip between it and another program (like a quest guide). I'd say have full screen be default, but give the ability to switch to windowed in the options menu, in the updater or in the game itself (I'm assuming this game to be like many MMO's with an updater/autopatcher which allows the game to be launched when it's up to date).

Gr4Ss
12-04-2010, 05:30 PM
Add in windowed mode and also no border. It's like playing full screen with the ability to minimize your game without crashing half of the time.

efz88
12-04-2010, 09:22 PM
If only ALT+TAB was reliable.

szebus
12-05-2010, 12:46 AM

And it is sure that will work for DoF ? It would be a great addition.

atsumok
01-22-2011, 08:16 PM
Window mode is a must for a lot of players like me i think it would almost have to be in this game for a lot of players

Shin Aska109
01-22-2011, 08:26 PM
Yeah, window mode is a great addition. Almost all MMORTS gamers multi tab in browsers, why wouldn't this game differ?

roughneck19086
01-22-2011, 09:50 PM
I agree, I play mostly in window mode if I can. please have this option!

DerKater
01-23-2011, 04:09 AM
Talking about me, I mostly prefer full-screen mode (even in the MMO), but in this case I support for windowed mode, because for the MMO game windowed mode is very important (I guess where is no need to decipher why ;) ).

Rasly
08-06-2011, 12:48 PM
I dont get how a game like this can have no windowed mode, sorry but this is ******ed. Just one of 100 reasons why this game is garbage as it is right now.

ruKush
11-22-2011, 10:56 AM
I know this is a very old topic, but I also play games in windowed mode. I tried "-w" but I guess the patcher prevents this from working properly.

Windowed mode would help me out greatly at the office haha :).

rollando
11-22-2011, 12:34 PM
would like to say, SAME, alot of little thing can make this game really really great, please take this in mind. Make an option for windows mode..

Dreamwalker
11-22-2011, 02:20 PM
Personally, I don't see what the big deal is (sorry!:o ). But if everybody wants a windowed mode, why not? Might be pretty convienent.

Deacon
03-09-2012, 08:31 PM
Windowed mode please?!? :-)

szebus
06-07-2012, 10:57 AM
Found that program called Splashtop Streamer that allows sort of playing windows games on youre smartphone... Ok, the truth is that the program is something like team viewer and onlive mixed up. It makes your home desktop gaming rig a sort of server that can be controlled over the net true youre smartphone or tablet or iphone ipad ... imagine the program helping you to use youre android or aple device work as a cloned monitor and controller for youre windows PC.
Now what dose it have to do with DoF in window mode ? It has, as the program can only run games that have window mode, even if it is "full screen window mode". So if the window mode would work in DoF, with this program anyone can play DoF on the go from it's phone or tablet by simply having connected to the home desktop gaming rig.... :D

http://www.splashtop.com/

Mordeth_kai
06-22-2012, 01:42 PM
-w in the command line does not enable windowed mode in this game (tested on windows 7, also tried bypassing the launcher to make it work with no success). A windowed mode would be very welcome if its not too much trouble

Nellus_Slayer
09-24-2012, 04:23 AM
where have to put (-w)?

Brian Shingles
09-24-2012, 06:51 AM
This is something we'd have to add through the updater/launcher.

I'll speak to Kon and our updater programmer about this.

Nellus_Slayer
09-24-2012, 08:58 AM
ah ok sorry, misunderstanding. :)

Malaras
10-12-2012, 01:34 AM
+1 for window mode, I play all my games that i can in windowed mode, 16:10 1440 x 900 or just have it drag on desktop to make size.

Thank You,

mrfool
10-23-2012, 04:41 AM
I need a window mode! Love to play games while watching a video or chatting to someone.

Malaras
01-29-2013, 05:09 PM
Any update to this? :)

kiamori
02-01-2013, 08:36 AM
Please add this!

Has anyone found a good way to force windowed mode for this game?

It runs a little but slow in full 2560x1440 on high resolution with large battles so I would like to use windowed mode for this.

Has anyone been able to get DXWnd to work on DoF in order to force it into windowed mode?

If so what settings are you using?

Traciatim
03-31-2013, 08:27 AM
This is something we'd have to add through the updater/launcher.

I'll speak to Kon and our updater programmer about this.

Any updates on this? Not having a window mode and the fact that it steals the screens from any other application on another window that does support window mode makes this game pretty much unplayable with any other game. So I can't be doing something like mining in perpetuum and also playing this.

Brian Shingles
03-31-2013, 10:14 AM
There is an option for windowed mode in one of the settings files but it doesn't work completely, which is why it's not been added as an option in-game yet.

Fixing it is on our programmer's to-do list, but other work and Steam related stuff have taken priority.

I'll raise it again with the other devs.

Konstantin Fomenko
03-31-2013, 11:47 AM
We are adding a window mode option to the Steam client, unfortunately it`s not so easy with out updated client, maybe down the road.

So after we release on steam tomorrow - you should be able to re-instal the game on Steam (using same CD key you currently have), and when you right click the game name in the library it`ll give an option to run it in Window mode.

Traciatim
03-31-2013, 12:39 PM
We are adding a window mode option to the Steam client, unfortunately it`s not so easy with out updated client, maybe down the road.

So after we release on steam tomorrow - you should be able to re-instal the game on Steam (using same CD key you currently have), and when you right click the game name in the library it`ll give an option to run it in Window mode.

I'll try that, as long as it doesn't disappear all the time when I switch to a browser and doesn't make all my other DX windows go blank when it's on the screen then I'll be happy.

DanielLuck
04-02-2013, 12:46 PM
any more info?

kiamori
04-02-2013, 06:55 PM
I refuse to install steam, they are a bunch of crooks. they killed about $5000 in software licenses that I had purchased over the years and assigned to my account just because I used my account at an internet cafe/gaming center. I made a ticket and they sent me some generic response, something about the gaming center not having an agreement with them and gave me these two links:
https://cafe.steampowered.com
http://store.steampowered.com/cybercafe_agreement/

How does that have anything to do with an individual steam account and software anyways?

They are just greedy crooks.

Anyways, I would still like to use window mode if at all possible as I would like to play this game while working =D

Konstantin Fomenko
04-02-2013, 07:02 PM
We are actually adding Window mode option tonight...but only to Steam client - sorry kiamori. Do we hope to add it to our own DoF Updater client as well in the near future.

Xhodan Xeus
04-02-2013, 08:10 PM
same
i have nothing against steam however getting steam just for 1 game?
i dnt know im not a fan of stuff like that i like to run the client and be done with it so i hope this gets added soon

so i can play mor DoF i always do other **** while playing thats why i only play in window mode

kiamori
04-03-2013, 07:04 PM
We are actually adding Window mode option tonight...but only to Steam client - sorry kiamori. Do we hope to add it to our own DoF Updater client as well in the near future.

I really do like the game but need windowed mode to be able to play it any decent amount of time. I look forward to it being added to DoF updater.

-Thanks!