PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Massenic

massenic
01-02-2010, 04:53 PM
Hi there!

It's Massenic (my name is actually supposed to be masscenic but I made a mistake while registeren... oh well, I like this name too:) ) here. I'm a student in game development and I was looking around at the upcoming games to search for some interesting new gameplays.

When I stumbled upon this game, I just had to sign up on the forums. I'm very interesting in participating in a beta because that way I can both contibute to the game, and might learn something myself.

And don't worry, I'm not going to be impatient for when it gets released. Even the big high budget developers sometimes need a lot of years to make a nice game (*cough*blizzard;) )

Feel free to ask anything you might wonder

LiTos456
01-02-2010, 05:23 PM
Welcome to the forum, and enjoy your stay, Masscenic. We hope you like the sounds of the game, it's a good project that's worth waiting for for so long.

Puppeteer
01-02-2010, 06:05 PM
State your political affiliation, boy!

my name is actually supposed to be masscenic but I made a mistake while registeren... oh well, I like this name too
Ah that happens so many times, on every forum.

Darathor
01-02-2010, 06:42 PM
Welcome to the forums!:) Hope you have a nice time and contribute!

welshie
01-02-2010, 06:43 PM
Welcome to the fourms dude! and as for the beta im pretty sure most here want a key :P i think we might have to get some cut..

Henry Martin
01-02-2010, 10:40 PM
Hey welcome to the forums. I am a game development student myself. I go to brown college in Minnesota. May I ask what school you attend?

massenic
01-03-2010, 03:17 AM
@everybody: thanks for welcoming me. I'll make sure to contribute to this community to make the waiting as comfortable as possible for all of us!

@puppeteer: My political affiliate? Since I'm not from the USA I did a "What's your political affiliation test?" and the result is: Liberal, quite likely to vote Democratic:)

@u_have_krabs: I'm from Belgium, so I'm not expecting you to know my school. I'm going to Digital Arts and Entertainment (usually abbreviated to DAE). I'm in my first year at the moment, and you? We could make a mod or just some extra content once the game is released!

Alex Walz
01-03-2010, 10:08 AM
Welcome! :)
What field of game design interests you the most?

blackfang
01-03-2010, 10:12 AM
Welcome:) i would love to when the game gets out or if i get a beta key to fight you:) but thats as likely as if i got top grades in every subject but its still worth hoping for:D

massenic
01-03-2010, 10:14 AM
@Alex Walz: thx:)

Currently I'm still being educated in programming, pre-production (2d art) and 3d. All about the same amount, but next year I'll drop the pre-production and concentrate on 3d and programming. By then I'll know enough to make my 2d designs without any further education.

I don't know yet if I'll specialize in 3d or programming, but I both like it so I'll keep doing both.

@Blackfang: I would sure like to fight you in the beta (and if we don't get a key in the released game off course). I guess you say that because the little RA1&2 conversation. If you're specialized in playing strategy games, don't expect me to be that good. I'm playing all kinds of games and since I have been very busy with school since I started the game development education (strong learning curve and a lot of work). I now usually concentrate on 1 (max 2) game at a time and the last strategy game is a while ago

blackfang
01-03-2010, 10:30 AM
i have not played any strategy games of significance lately either:) i played too much assasins creed uncharted and mushroom wars, whait that is a strategy game... but not really like this:) And the only rts games i ever managed to go above easy is ra series, warcraft 3 and rome total war:) so go easy on me:p

massenic
01-03-2010, 10:37 AM
that's fine, we should be at the same level of rts gaming. Most of the time, shooters are the only games where I can win a lot of games. Oh and penalty shootout in fifa! unbeatable! (I'm not bad in the actual playing also, but I just can't seem to lose penalties)

Henry Martin
01-03-2010, 10:48 AM
@u_have_krabs: I'm from Belgium, so I'm not expecting you to know my school. I'm going to Digital Arts and Entertainment (usually abbreviated to DAE). I'm in my first year at the moment, and you? We could make a mod or just some extra content once the game is released!

that nice, my mother is from Belgium. I'm starting my 3rd and last year on Monday. That sound great.

I read that you are good in programing and 3d. I am not that good (well I suck) at programing, but my 3d and 2d is really good.

blackfang
01-03-2010, 10:55 AM
that's fine, we should be at the same level of rts gaming. Most of the time, shooters are the only games where I can win a lot of games. Oh and penalty shootout in fifa! unbeatable! (I'm not bad in the actual playing also, but I just can't seem to lose penalties)

well i am quite good for someone who usually do not play shooters:) I mean when i was at the largest LAN i have ever been on i was supposed to participate in a Css tournament and i was really good, but i did not want to join the winning team so i played very poorly in their player choosing "they chose the best of the players and i wanted to play against them" But unfortunately the tournament was canceled because someone drowned in the pool there:( i feel really bad for that person:( even tough i did not know him

massenic
01-03-2010, 11:06 AM
@u_have_krabs: I know a lot of people who are bad in programming (just as there are a lot of people bad in 2d). In the 2nd year we have the choice to either stop doing 2d or programming (simplified explanation of the 2 options, there's more to it than just a subject that gets dropped). As I already said I'll stop the 2d art.

And you're starting your year now? hmm... Here the school years are different than normal years. They start in September. I thought it was like this everywhere

@blackfang: I guess we'll just discuss things here instead of on the Top Games forum. It's not meant to post a full page about an old game I guess:p
And I can imagine that must feel strange... I also had the same when someone from my brother's class died... I didn't knew him, but still... It's strage. Especially because I was only about 15 when that happened.

blackfang
01-03-2010, 11:10 AM
well perhaps thats for the best, but i dunno mayby we should make a post on off topic named Blackfang and massenic's private chat:) i bet we could fill it up quite good:p

massenic
01-03-2010, 11:21 AM
I don't doubt about it that we would be able to fill it up. The only issue is that it would be classified as spam since there is a private messaging system for this kind of things;)

Anyway, I'm off to do some more work. Have some things that need to be finished.

Henry Martin
01-03-2010, 11:22 AM
@u_have_krabs: I know a lot of people who are bad in programming (just as there are a lot of people bad in 2d). In the 2nd year we have the choice to either stop doing 2d or programming (simplified explanation of the 2 options, there's more to it than just a subject that gets dropped). As I already said I'll stop the 2d art.

And you're starting your year now? hmm... Here the school years are different than normal years. They start in September. I thought it was like this everywhere

My school we don't get to drop anything. we do drawing and programing in the beginning and start actual programs at the end of the first year. then we jump into modeling, level design, texturing, animation, etc. Everything we do is entry level. most students specialize themselves. I chose level design and modeling.

I was looking at your school and its seems more character focused. We don't do any high poly work, we have to do it on our own (weird huh).

That is normally how schools start here, but are school goes for a quarter then we get 1-2 week break (no summer break).

massenic
01-03-2010, 11:31 AM
A last reply before I go offline:

@krabs: it's actually since this year that there is a split, the content is from last year, from before the split. They said that the new program is heavily based on the feedback they got from the companies where the internships were done (someone got a job in Dice->battlefield series:eek: ) and the needs from the industry. Now the programming side of the education won't have character development (maybe very basic, but nothing more) but more focused on the environments. And I guess they just like to show the high-poly works because it looks more applying to possible new students.

And no summer break:confused: :( That's not fun

Zeluk
03-01-2010, 09:53 PM

Woah, you and Blackfang sound a lot like me. We should get together and play something while waiting for DoF to come out.

blackfang
03-02-2010, 06:29 AM
so any of you got rome total war for online play then?

Zeluk
03-02-2010, 08:37 AM
Of course, great game. One of my all-time favorites, it's one of those games I always come back to.

blackfang
03-02-2010, 10:04 AM
Z its one of my favorites too:) , however my game that i always return too in the end is actually cs:p and mount and blade;) I need games with re playability, its too boring with games like mass effect 2 once i am through i go to the next game and always end up on cs or mount and blade:D