PDA

View Full Version : MechWarrior Living Legends is in public BETA!!!

Liljagare
12-30-2009, 09:55 PM
If you miss and have loved the Mechwarrior games on the PC, visit this homepage and 'ave fun:

http://www.mechlivinglegends.net

Requires Crysis, but dang, it is a very nice mod and very close to MechWarrior 1&2, Mercenaries.. :D

LiTos456
01-01-2010, 11:50 AM
oh my god I know, it looks so awesome! I saw it the other day on Mod DB and it looks better than the actual game coming out soon lol.

PS: Sorry for the earlier mishap here.

Liljagare
01-05-2010, 07:43 AM
Been playing it for a while now, its purdy nice and well done. Only complaint is the HUD that seems a bit awkward in it's design.. :D

Can't wait for the full release, they got alot more goodies comin'!

Josh Warner
01-05-2010, 02:39 PM
The gameplay itself seems okay, but it has a lot of features that they're shooting for. It's a rather ambitious project, I've been keeping my eye on it and I'll probably try it out eventually but not until more of it's finished, way too busy with rws right now to start another game :)

And really, I'm leaning more towards Mech Warrior more than LL just due to the features and design, MW is also going to have another big advantage. As an official game it can create new cannon material/serve as an extension for the people that are really interested in the universe and lore, I am definitely one of those people. Also, I'm just not a fan of the non-mechs. Tanks, infantry and Aerofighters just never interested me. If I wanted those I'd play battlefield.

Personally I've always felt that as far as combined arms goes lances and stars had plenty of potential, even more if you go binary/company+ when you take into account the different weight classes serve very different roles in combat. And even within weight classes there were very distinct differences. From long ranged, to special ops which was ecm/jamming etc. to close ranged and even occasionally a hybrid. To me aerofighters/tanks/infantry just detract from what made Battle Tech a wonderful universe. Take away all of those and you still have a great game, take away the mechs and you've just shot yourself in the foot.

All in all, I'll probably end up playing both of them, and liking them. LL has some fantastic features and some interesting gameplay going for it, I just think I'll like MW more.

Liljagare
01-08-2010, 07:04 AM
Hopefully the LL guys will succeed in finishing this grand project completely, and it will tie us over until a true official sequel to MechWarrior finally comes out.. :D I'm still finding myself logging on, that is always a good sign nowadays! Usually get tired of most games rather quickly, "been there, done that!".

Though, I aint too sure about all those cease and decist orders that Harmony gold keeps tossing at the MW products, isn't the last one still tied down in court, thought I read about it in december? It's just a bleeping shame if so.

PS. World of Warcraft in all it's glory, but I'd give a arm for a Mechwarrior MMO.. :P

blackfang
01-08-2010, 01:22 PM
World of Warcraft in all it's glory,

Forbidden words! I think every time someone utters it, an elephant keels over and dies. It hits a deer, kills it off and then the lion do not get enough food so it and the children dies. Its horrible how they made a rpg out of a perfect strategy game!

LiTos456
01-08-2010, 02:38 PM
burn, burn in hell you evil ambassador! THIS! IS! DOF!

blackfang
01-08-2010, 02:59 PM
:D (alot of words!)

Liljagare
01-09-2010, 04:27 AM
Hihi... :D