PDA

View Full Version : Top games

Arctopus
12-28-2009, 05:22 AM
I have been looking for a nice game to play for weeks.
Currently I play Mount & Blade and Warcraft III but I want to play something else too.

What is your favourite game?
Which game(s) do you recommend?

LiTos456
12-28-2009, 05:52 AM
Assassin's Creed franchise
The Saboteur
Red Faction Guerrilla
Far Cry 2
Prince of Persia Sands of Time franchise
Call of Duty 4 and Modern Warfare 2
Dragon Age Origins

Those are some of my favorite games. They're based on my single player experiences mainly, thus CoD4 and MW2 are included, because their single players are really a roller coaster ride.

Also ArmA 2 is an amazing game, but mainly for multiplayer.

Henry Martin
12-28-2009, 09:08 AM
Assassin's Creed franchise
The Saboteur
Red Faction Guerrilla
Far Cry 2
Prince of Persia Sands of Time franchise
Call of Duty 4 and Modern Warfare 2
Dragon Age Origins

Those are some of my favorite games. They're based on my single player experiences mainly, thus CoD4 and MW2 are included, because their single players are really a roller coaster ride.

Also ArmA 2 is an amazing game, but mainly for multiplayer.

to add to the list:

uncharted series (if you have a ps3)

the witcher enhanced edition

metal gear solid 4 (if you have a ps3)

left 4 dead series

team fortress 2

mafia (old game but very good)

bioshock

operation flash point: dragon rising

Jack
12-28-2009, 09:35 AM
some others:
Empire total war (hugh armys) :p
Fallout 3
Killzone 2
Warhammer 40k Dawn of War 2

Puppeteer
12-28-2009, 10:51 AM
Heroes of Might and Magic III. Favourite game ever, and the third is the best out of the rest. Fun, replayable and retro turn-based strategy game.

raving
12-28-2009, 11:10 AM
red alert 2

nothing can beat that game in my eyes. Man i played that game for 8 years, i even was third of the world at some point. :( i miss it.

Jack
12-28-2009, 11:30 AM
isn't red alert 3 better?
you can build on water :D

Arctopus
12-28-2009, 02:17 PM

Red alert 1 is the best ^-^

TES: Oblivion was a very nice game, the only problems were:
Annoying guards
Bad quests
Low population in cities
Buggy
Not the best looks
few towns & cities, rest of the map is a mixture of mountains, forests & plains.
bad storyline.
limited opportunities within guilds/clans.
when one goes to a bar and grabs an apple from an fruit bowl in your room, you get these guards bugging you. *THEN PAY WITH YOUR BLOOD*

- now I'm going to watch Day of the triffids on the telly, I'll add more to this list tomorow or after the movie.

Supreme
12-28-2009, 03:04 PM
Nope, Red alert 2 was awesome. It is probably my 2nd most played RTS after Rise of Nations.

Jack
12-28-2009, 03:11 PM
rise of nations is a good one too:cool:

zach12wqasxz
12-28-2009, 03:12 PM
Red alert 1 is the best ^-^

TES: Oblivion was a very nice game, the only problems were:
Annoying guards
Bad quests
Low population in cities
Buggy
Not the best looks
few towns & cities, rest of the map is a mixture of mountains, forests & plains.
bad storyline.
limited opportunities within guilds/clans.
when one goes to a bar and grabs an apple from an fruit bowl in your room, you get these guards bugging you. *THEN PAY WITH YOUR BLOOD*

- now I'm going to watch Day of the triffids on the telly, I'll add more to this list tomorow or after the movie.

thats a lot of problems lol, though i disagree about the looks, i find the graphics very nice. i think if they remade TES Morrowind with todays graphics it would be the best RPG ever made

Supreme
12-28-2009, 03:14 PM
Playing Oblivian right now. I disagree with most of the the problems too....well pretty much all of em. Though I gotta say im getting kinda bored with the oblivian (demon) world.

Ps: If you steal something and someone sees you do it, the guards will try to arrest you. GO FIGURE

Jack
12-28-2009, 03:15 PM
i only see for one time
and looked pretty good
but never see the whole gameplay

wills370
12-29-2009, 07:18 AM
Playing Oblivian right now. I disagree with most of the the problems too....well pretty much all of em. Though I gotta say im getting kinda bored with the oblivian (demon) world.

Ps: If you steal something and someone sees you do it, the guards will try to arrest you. GO FIGURE

Me too unfortunatly that game got to repetative as im not such a fan of the demon world anyway. (Felt it was moving away from the bright ambiant world they were advertising). and in the end i never did fully complete the game. But ended up just going through the cities slaughtering as many people and guards as possible. :)

szebus
12-29-2009, 09:44 AM
2009 games:

Men of War
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
HAWX
Majesty 2
Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising
Assassins Creed
Fallout 3

Joseph Visscher
12-29-2009, 11:10 AM

Ra3 is EA and not Westwood,,, for it's time is it better or rushed hog wash that had a development time of 10 weeks?

There are many game's I've played. so i'll just list ones I enjoyed.

Bioshock
Assassin's creed
Cod4 MW2
Mount and Blade
Red Faction
Garry's Mod
Day of Defeat
Half Life series
Ra2
Ra1

LiTos456
12-29-2009, 11:26 AM
wonderful, finally someone who appreciates red faction.. or wait, which one of them are you talking about?

Arctopus
12-29-2009, 12:54 PM

Even if nobody sees you, they'll figure out somehow.
and there are realy way too few people in the cities. I want it populated :(

Supreme
12-29-2009, 01:09 PM
I dunno, maybe my standards are low because of not ever having played in a (offline) crowded city.

raving
12-30-2009, 06:40 PM
bleh ra3 is ok but it doesnt have the gameplay feeling of ra2.
actually in the last 6 years ive been looking for a game that has the ra2 feeling. Never found one.

Joseph Visscher
12-31-2009, 09:48 AM
Don't be discussing illegal stuff in the forums please.

Jack
12-31-2009, 11:20 AM
i won't do it again

Supreme
12-31-2009, 01:28 PM
Damn you Jack!

Jack
12-31-2009, 03:13 PM
:D
i only was wondering for something

Chris Harshman
12-31-2009, 06:11 PM
No Reason to Curse, I just cleaned them up, nothing more. :)

zach12wqasxz
01-02-2010, 06:13 PM
Don't be discussing illegal stuff in the forums please.

wait what was illegal being discussed? am i missing something? i didn't se anything that would fall under the topic of illegal in this thread? did u already delete the posts?

Darvin
01-02-2010, 08:09 PM
Well, back on topic, I'm currently playing Sins of a Solar Empire. An exceptional RTS, one of the best I've ever played.

Kire
01-03-2010, 04:02 AM
Atm i am playing Dawn of war 2 its very good (eldar ftw!) and also playing aoe 2 =P ->these two i recommend =); Mount and blade is also good but i am waiting for expansion to start playing it again.

blackfang
01-03-2010, 06:19 AM
My favourite games of all time would be:
Red alert 1 and 2 "damn i played that game alot:D Ra 1 was something i played since i was 5 years old:p Ra 2 was the game i have played most of all time:) Except for warcraft 3:p "
warcraft 3
sins of a solar empire
oblivion
assasins creed "both of em to playstation"
eve online
rome total war
rise and fall civilisations at war
mount and blade
black and white 2 "they should've made it multiplayer but it was pretty good gameplay the first time i played it:) but i am a person who cant stand replaying the same story more then 4 times"
Arma 2 "tough i got one that was screwed i mean i could not do anything but hire soldiers and go to war it was bugged and could never fix it"
Worms!
World of warcraft was good... Before i got to lvl 20! after that it was totally screwed:mad: But anyways what can you say, a game originally meant to be played strategic would suddenly become a endless grindfest:( but it was quite good the time i wresteled myself through it

massenic
01-03-2010, 07:14 AM
Red alert 1 and 2 "damn i played that game alot:D Ra 1 was something i played since i was 5 years old:p Ra 2 was the game i have played most of all time:) Except for warcraft 3:p "

Thank you for reminding me of a great time! There's one LAN ra2 game I'll never forget. It was against a friend and I lost everything except 1 rifleman (or however they were called). I found one of those little green boxes and got a new MCV (a new construction base) and managed to rebuild a base. I didn't win that game but I could hold him off for quite some time with that new base (he had also suffered big losses when destroying my first base). Most epic rts match I ever played:)

To get back to reality. I'm awaiting the game global agenda right now (release start of februari). It's a mmo shooter game. There's a big chance that I'll pre-order it to get some unique items and beta access.

also currently playing team fortress 2 and dirt 2 when I have the time. Busy time of the year for me

blackfang
01-03-2010, 08:16 AM
well massenic i had one of the most epic fights ever once:rolleyes: it happened back in the days we had two of my cousins over and i had a friend that came and visited me, then we decided to play a game together:P my brother was also in on that game:cool: But anyway we took a city match somewhere i dont remember the city, but still it started with me building a base comfortedly behind my friends and i buildt the largest base, everything went our way then disaster strook both my friends died and i was alone:eek: i didnt even notice it before i saw them resigning. Then i had to defend like the warm place down under and actually managed to take more of them then they did of me:D in the end they got empty of resourses and i just cruised over them with those russian airship thingies:) it was epic they mined like there was no end and that match lasted 3 hours "after my friends died" ohh and all of us were players that could fight 3+ hard enemies alone so the whole match was epic but it was most epic when i was alone since i could build up peacefully:p Btw i was also the most advanced at late defence of us five:) if it were not for that i would never win:eek:

If i still had the game movie thingie i would've shown you;) but Alas i do not:(

massenic
01-03-2010, 08:59 AM
your fight sure was more epic. I remember those crazy russian airships:)

And while reading through that I realised I was talking about ra1 and not ra2 about the game I had.

blackfang
01-03-2010, 09:02 AM
well it does not matter they are both awesome:D Ra 1 had me creating maps forever and made me quite adept at it:) and i also played a bunch of times through the campaign and skirmishes it was always so fun i even remember that i had to call my dad to get permission to sit on the computer:p Tough ra 2 was my favorite game for a long time ra 1 was also quite cool, i think i still got it somewhere:D

massenic
01-03-2010, 09:28 AM
I got "Command & Conquer: The First Decade" 2 times:) And those include RA1 and RA2 + expansions + some of the newer games

blackfang
01-03-2010, 09:33 AM
i never really bothered getting expansions but i did play jury's revenge a bit, and i did not play much on the Internet. i preferred non-complaining enemies and i only really got ra 1 and 2 separately.

Darvin
01-04-2010, 07:16 PM
The Soviet and Allied factions were great in Yuri's Revenge, but the Yuri faction was stupid. Totally dependent on mind controlled units, so much so that they were gimped against an enemy who massed mind-control immune units. Unfortunately, that left Soviet without any base-killing options, so you'd OFTEN see a Yuri holed up in base and a Soviet player controlling the map. Yuri can't leave without dying, Soviet can't get in to make the kill because all good "base-rushing" units just get mind controlled on the spot.

blackfang
01-04-2010, 11:55 PM
well i kinda liked the mind control:) it was a H*** to be up against them but i managed, and i really liked the tank burrow thingie where you put a tank inside a stationary place:D

M4cias
02-02-2011, 10:23 AM
Atlantica online ftw :D
League of Legends
Rise of Nations (ROL one)
and one other but now i dont remember the name ^^"

adull
02-03-2011, 04:51 AM
i spent a lot of time on
Warcraft III The frozen throne
call of duty 4 on multiplayer ^^

Dolas
02-03-2011, 08:49 AM
Well, not counting mmos...my favorite games are:

Starcraft II
All the Civilization games
All the Total War games
All the C&C games (except C&C 4...yuck)
All the Age of Empires games
Stronghold 1 & 2
CoD: MW2 and Black ops

Thats about it...and if I listed the mmos I liked it would be twice as long rofl.

Hans
02-03-2011, 09:40 AM
WoW did really no one sayed Grand Theft Auto XD - Vice city is the best one imo !

Mafia of course,Mafia II also got a good story! Assassins Creed 1 Perfect, 2 Good, 2,5 Ok ;)

Age of Empires 3 and Battle for Middle Earth 1 also great games ! BFME 2 wasnt that great !

master0p
02-03-2011, 11:45 AM
hey old thread getting some life again?

well i seriously played almost every oldschool and new games there is.
Due lack of time i sometimes play these games:

sins of solar empire ( trinity all expansions)
heroes of might and magic 3
empire total war
M&B warband

m0rli
02-03-2011, 12:46 PM
1: league of legends
2: cs 1.6
3. DC Universe online

Bassman
02-03-2011, 01:02 PM
total war series, red alert 2 + 3, the witcher.

ZyndromZ
02-03-2011, 01:33 PM
Right now i play Call of Duty BO, MW2 and SC2, and i think those are pretty gewd.

Veep
02-03-2011, 01:35 PM
League of legend..
Dragon Age

numbawang
02-03-2011, 02:40 PM
Okami for wii! nice gameplay, unique graphics and best of all the music!

priamus
02-06-2011, 07:45 AM
play gothic 4 or dragon age, two worlds II. this games are AWESOME

Kaos90
02-14-2011, 01:04 PM
Heroes of Newerth

Bairdo
02-14-2011, 02:48 PM
Age of Mythology is a classic

wiredpenguin
02-14-2011, 03:48 PM
For Console (I only have a ps3):
Uncharted 1 & 2
Dragon Age: Origins
Heavy Rain
Half Life 2 and subsequent episodes.
Portal
Bioshock 1 & 2
Fallout 3

For PC:
Rise of Nations
Splinter Cell series (though the older ones may not run on newer OS's)
KOTOR 1 & 2
TES: Oblivion
EVE Online (MMO)

wonderis
03-02-2011, 06:58 PM
The witcher,
Prince of persia ww
assassins creed
TES4 oblivion :)

ImmoralAtheist
03-07-2011, 08:18 PM
Gothic 2, Risen, Gothic
Sins of a solar empire
KOTOR 1
The witcher
Nehrim

Nordmann
03-08-2011, 07:52 AM
I remember 1998 when i bought my first Playstation 1 + Gran Turismo. And i loved C&C1 + Red Alert too. Still funny :D