PDA

View Full Version : DoFSource temporarily shut down.

LiTos456
12-25-2009, 10:44 AM
Hello everyone,
I'd just like to announce that DoFSource has been temporarily shut down for the duration of the development of the new DoFSource.
Before DoF gets globally announced, the new site will be released (or at least partially, meaning without a few features).
Thanks all, and we hope to see you at the new DoFSource when it comes.

Jack
12-25-2009, 11:53 AM
are you suposed to make a new account
or is old alright?
i have one and is the same as this one:p

LiTos456
12-25-2009, 11:12 PM
I'm not sure yet, but we will likely have you make a new account yes.

Jack
12-26-2009, 05:43 AM
okay
i didn't do very much with it
but on that site are many pictures:D
so will there be new pictures from the game by Ed?
and i hope did he will go father than the Human MMO
that were the only pictures i took time for:p

Unen
12-26-2009, 05:48 PM
Just wondering how are the winners of the DoFSource beta contest going to get their invites to stage one beta? I'm assuming their emails were written down?

LiTos456
12-26-2009, 05:53 PM
Yes Reverie will send them out.
Jack we will do have many pictures indeed and we will have a lot on the new site as well. We may even transfer all of our current ones - or most - to the new website. So we'll be the ultimate DoF picture database! :D
In fact we may hire someone to do it (yes, we'll pay them for it). There's a lot of images and I don't wanna do it >.>

Unen
12-26-2009, 05:57 PM
okay
i didn't do very much with it
but on that site are many pictures:D
so will there be new pictures from the game by Ed?
and i hope did he will go father than the Human MMO
that were the only pictures i took time for:p
Yea I wouldn't worry, there will be plenty of pictures and gameplay videos released once beta is out.

Jack
12-27-2009, 04:15 AM
okay, thanks
but it take so long for beta in March
or is it earlyer:rolleyes:

Unen
12-27-2009, 11:26 AM
okay, thanks
but it take so long for beta in March
or is it earlyer:rolleyes:

Should be Jan. or Feb. for stage one, but you also have to consider that there might be a non disclosure agreement (aka we cant post pics or vids and what not) for a little while.

Puppeteer
12-27-2009, 01:26 PM
(yes, we'll pay them for it)
Where will you get your money from? It's an ambitious enterprise... I'm guessing: mater and pater?

LiTos456
12-28-2009, 06:57 AM
Where will you get your money from? It's an ambitious enterprise... I'm guessing: mater and pater?

My pockets.
Also I'm not sure what 'mater and pater' means.

zach12wqasxz
12-28-2009, 04:08 PM
My pockets.
Also I'm not sure what 'mater and pater' means.

i assume your parents, you mother and father, ma and pa, mama and papa....ect

LiTos456
12-28-2009, 04:20 PM
Ooh I get it. No, my own money.

Aametherar
12-29-2009, 04:38 PM
Can't wait to see the new one, good luck! I liked the old one so the new one better be awesome :P

Sauron_9Gods9_Ldr
12-31-2009, 04:46 AM
This is probable someone but which beta are people inved to that sighed up no the forum. also is there anyway i can get into an early beta?

Supreme
12-31-2009, 05:18 AM
One way would be to prove your worth by writing clear & correct english sentences.

Unen
01-01-2010, 12:15 AM
One way would be to prove your worth by writing clear & correct english sentences.

English isn't the native language for everyone, so its unfair and rude to gripe at them about sentence structure when you probably couldn't type properly in their language. Not to mention to be 'correct' you capitalize English and use 'and' rather than & when trying to be correct and proper/formal. ;)

@Sauron_9Gods9_Ldr - If I understand your question correctly you're asking which stage of beta people who signed up at this forum would could get a beta invite? If so, there hasn't been any official announcement yet that I am aware of but most likely it will be one of the last two stages. Other than that the only other way to get into beta so far is to look for contest and participate in them, most of which should be announced somewhere on this site.

Supreme
01-01-2010, 09:59 AM
Well, I understand that but people can at least -try- to make clear sentences.

LiTos456
01-01-2010, 11:53 AM
I actuall think the winners from our contests get keys to the 1st to 3rd beta stages.
If you were a winner on our site and you're worried about what's going on with your beta key - don't worry, we've got you, you'll have it in the mail once it's time.
I'd show you guys a preview of our new site but I don't know what's better, teasing you guys with it or surprising you once it opens. Maybe I will take a picture with enough public demand :)

massenic
01-03-2010, 03:58 AM
I'd show you guys a preview of our new site but I don't know what's better, teasing you guys with it or surprising you once it opens. Maybe I will take a picture with enough public demand :)

Make it one big awesome surprise!

And I'm guessing if I'm looking for a place with a lot of information (like confirmed units, more info about the races, whatever... so more detailed than the faq) in one place, this would be the site?

LiTos456
01-03-2010, 11:33 AM
This was one of our features on the old site however we completely cut that for the new site.

This is because our primary objective is to focus on hosting user made creations for the game, and that goes to anything from guides to maps to mods and to even videos, as well as provide community space (forums).

Thus we call ourselves a database site, and not an informational site. Which means that if you go to our site, you likely already know about the game. There will be some basic information hosted of course, but it will not be as detailed as an informational site.

massenic
01-03-2010, 01:32 PM
No problem, that also sounds nice. I was planning on contributing in the modding community of this game so it's still interesting

Unen
01-03-2010, 05:03 PM
Make it one big awesome surprise!

And I'm guessing if I'm looking for a place with a lot of information (like confirmed units, more info about the races, whatever... so more detailed than the faq) in one place, this would be the site?

Yea, either this site, dof source, dof heaven, or a blog that ill be making once beta starts and ill take pics and record most of what I do while playing and then post it on http://dofmedia.blogspot.com/

Alex Walz
01-03-2010, 05:57 PM
Nice to see the enthusiasm but keep in mind that the NDA might not be lifted until the open beta rolls around.

Unen
01-03-2010, 06:23 PM
Nice to see the enthusiasm but keep in mind that the NDA might not be lifted until the open beta rolls around.

Yea true, but I can hope :P

LiTos456
01-03-2010, 08:46 PM
Yeah, remember the NDA. Even though you got a key to the beta, you still can't post anything until we're allowed to.
Hey, less work for me! :D Dof source is hosting just about everything, as I said that includes files and also videos and images. In fact I think as of now we had so many images it was more than anywhere else on the internet (besides this forum of course) but I don't know if I'll have the guts to reupload all of them back, because, well, it's extremely time consuming.
But as I said earlier maybe I'll have someone do it for me.

Jack
01-04-2010, 12:06 AM
and if you have the key
is there a way to download the beta version of the game
els you have key but no game to use the key for:rolleyes:

blackfang
01-04-2010, 08:25 AM
well if you get the key, getting the game won't be that big of a deal:) just check out something like filefront and see if they host a downloadable game client:) or else you could do it illegally but that is not very nice.

Unen
01-04-2010, 11:47 AM
and if you have the key
is there a way to download the beta version of the game
els you have key but no game to use the key for:rolleyes:

I'm sure there will be a download link for the game (however it may only be accessible by beta members) once beta is released.

LiTos456
01-04-2010, 02:44 PM
You guys will probably get the keys right after the release or maybe a little bit before it. Also I believe that you will be sent your link and your key simultatneously. Maybe they'll even have dynamically generated links that are sent to everyone and can be used only once, but anyway, you can't get into the beta one way or another unless you have a legit key.

LiTos456
01-10-2010, 05:53 PM
Here, have a mysterious splash page
http://dofsource.com

massenic
01-11-2010, 03:03 AM
Somehow that reminds me of the game cover.

Very mysterious indeed. The only thing I could find is "Dawn of Fantasy Source - coming soon"...

I'm curious now

Jack
01-11-2010, 09:22 AM
there is the same background as in the normal website with only DAWN OF FANTASY

welshie
01-11-2010, 10:42 AM
You forgot the castle >.< :P

Jack
01-11-2010, 12:23 PM
who?? me??
i only said like the back as in the normal site
than i cant miss anything:p

welshie
01-11-2010, 12:27 PM
who?? me??
i only said like the back as in the normal site
than i cant miss anything:p

Nah dont worry wasnt on about you, on the cover theres a castle, cnt see if its on the reverie website as well but better with i think tho :)

Jack
01-11-2010, 12:44 PM
ow, okay
i already was afraid:D

LiTos456
01-14-2010, 04:03 PM
We've got some really exciting stuff coming up for you guys! When the website launches, it is most likely not going to have most of our features, however I can tell you that forums are our top priority right now and that will be on the site during launch, and also 90% the gallery will be too. Aside from that we're very excited to see your opinions on our front page as well as general visuals and such, we've got a stunning site coming. Later past launch, new features will be added.
The reason we are launching the site early is becuase we need to prepare for the possible publisher announcement of DoF. We don't want to be closed when all the traffic flows in!
The remaining features that we will have are: Downloads, articles, videos, and the guild database.
Videos page will function by embedding videos from youtube and similar sites. All of these features will allow user uploads/submissions.
Cheers!

ShadowWolf
01-22-2010, 02:09 PM
POST REMOVED, DOFSOURCE CONTENT LEAKED BY MISTAKE
-Litos

Negthareas
01-23-2010, 10:22 PM
Sounds great... do you have a guess date on the site's red curtain?

LiTos456
02-21-2010, 03:07 PM
Here's a bit of an update - we were stalled for several weeks because of some technical problems but they're fixed now. We finally got the forums working and we're working on fully integrating the site with the forums, and redesigning the forums properly.
Also, we got started on the groups system which will be more than we expected - guilds will be able to update their diplomatic relations with other guilds, as well as events that they took part in, all of which will be displayed on the front page of the groups page. This way everyone will be able to keep track of what's going on in the world of Dawn of Fantasy.

This feature will not be available to individual players, however, this is because we cannot know for certain if they are faking an event or not, (for example, they can say they won against someone, putting them down socially, even if it's not true). Although this will be possible with guild leaders as well, they will be monitored and faking records will result in punishment.

We'll be doing our best to integrate this system to be as flawless as possible, and to provide as much data as possible. Events can be scheduled within the groups system, and when they happen, a message such as "Guild x is currently battling guild x at location x" and such. Results will then have to be updated by guild leaders.

This is a new idea, and so far it is going well, if anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Negthareas
02-21-2010, 03:43 PM
Good Job - It is great to know that you guys are making progress on the site.

Thechampio2
02-22-2010, 07:28 AM
The News page is a bit messed up right now. It's cool cuz there's still links and you can still flip the page but I just thought I'd give a heads up in case you guys didn't know.

LiTos456
02-22-2010, 02:16 PM
The News page is a bit messed up right now. It's cool cuz there's still links and you can still flip the page but I just thought I'd give a heads up in case you guys didn't know.

We know.
Also you're not supposed to see it. God damn it, why does the lock against public viewing always brake.

Edit: Did you make an account? This for everyone, the site isn't open yet. If you managed to get on it and see it that is our mistake, but that does not mean you should go on and create an account. Especially when you can clearly see the site is under development.

Unen
02-23-2010, 07:16 PM
Any chance of a preview/screenshots soon? Getting curious about it.

LiTos456
02-24-2010, 02:29 PM
Hmm maybe. We've been getting a lot done lately, forums are looking nice. We'll see.

Justin
02-27-2010, 12:47 PM
Glad to hear, I'm really interested in the guild related stuff potential which is not to normal for a game related website.

crispyg29
03-18-2010, 08:23 PM
i know me and my friends are excited to be able to form a guild

otomotopia
03-18-2010, 09:02 PM
Why, yes. I am a curious one.

LiTos456
03-19-2010, 02:09 PM
Progress have been slow lately.. Both me and Thomas are piled up with school. We'll try to get some stuff done next week, and also the week after I have a week off so I'll try to do some coding for the forum skin (unless I get it all done next week).

sneaky_squirrel
03-20-2010, 11:33 AM
Good to see this site is still goin' on ;p.

GL guys.

Negthareas
03-20-2010, 04:13 PM
As long as it gets done - don't rush, but please do.

LiTos456
03-29-2010, 06:25 PM
Alright there's finally been some progress. The forum is finally taking proper shape, all coding and setting up for that should be done within the next few days.
Then we'll focus on the groups system and other things such as the front page and properly integrating the news with a few other things, etc. Nothing big right now, but I'll keep updating. Hopefully we'll be ready by the time the beta starts.

Negthareas
03-29-2010, 09:02 PM
Good, I imagine it will be much more important then.

Michael Mullens
05-15-2010, 01:00 PM
why not just use a pre-build infrastructure, as it seems like you're custom coding everything? Is there a reason behind that?

LiTos456
05-16-2010, 09:58 AM
Because the things we need aren't available anywhere else.
Both me and Thomas are fairly busy with real life, which is why we're having delay problems right now. The site will be up at some point - although we were looking to make it for the beta, now I can't guarantee it anymore. Regardless, the first closed beta will have an NDA anyway, so it isn't that important.

thomassl
06-19-2010, 09:33 AM
Hi there. School's now finally turning out to be done, and the site is taken up to top priority. We've got some awesomeness coming your way really* soon.

LiTos456
06-19-2010, 10:34 AM
Yep, as you can see we don't blame you for being curious anymore when you go to the page, but now it's something a lot nicer you can look at.

Miclee
06-19-2010, 11:19 AM
Glad to hear that something is coming soon.

Unen
07-01-2010, 08:30 PM
Yep, as you can see we don't blame you for being curious anymore when you go to the page, but now it's something a lot nicer you can look at.

Pretty excited to see the new DoFS, would offer help but the majority of my coding skill (or lack there of lol) is in C++ rather than web coding. :p

Alex Walz
08-13-2010, 08:44 PM
Any updates? :D

Gruber12
08-14-2010, 12:33 AM
You were just about to tell us that the next beta wave is today :D