PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Orders Avaliable?

ShadowWolf
12-08-2009, 06:01 PM
Hey there everyone. I was just curious as to know if Reverie World Studios will be allowing pre-orders soon. If they are in the coming future, I would like to know when, where, and if there are any mentions at a special collectors edition. I'm sorry if this was already posted, but I am getting really excited for this game to come out :D.

zach12wqasxz
12-08-2009, 07:50 PM
Hey there everyone. I was just curious as to know if Reverie World Studios will be allowing pre-orders soon. If they are in the coming future, I would like to know when, where, and if there are any mentions at a special collectors edition. I'm sorry if this was already posted, but I am getting really excited for this game to come out :D.

im sure that, like every game these days , pre-orders will be available, but there not gonna say when until they reveal there publisher, and after beta starts, and when they finally announce a release date. so we still have quite a while till then. also im sure they will have some sort of special edition, one with like all the races, including dragons and dwarves and whatever else they decide to throw in there.

Darvin
12-09-2009, 12:48 AM
This is the kind of thing the publisher will handle, and there hasn't been an announcement as to who the publisher is yet.

I'm a bit surprised we haven't had that announcement yet.

ShadowWolf
12-11-2009, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the info guys.

Ironic
12-23-2009, 07:23 AM
maybe when preorder does become available email all acounts and inform them of this so that many who have been following for ages but lost interest have the opurtunity to come back :D

szebus
01-14-2010, 01:49 PM
I guess when preorder becomes available, it will appear on the main page of the game. Beside this I hope gamersgate (http://www.gamersgate.com/) will have DoF for download.

Joseph Visscher
01-21-2010, 04:47 PM
I don't know for sure if Reverie will be doing that, but...
If you want ShadowWolf you can give me your money. And I'll buy the game for you when it comes out........ Ha just kidding, but really, Darvin is right, that would be mostly up to the publisher to be announced..

Generation
01-21-2010, 05:48 PM
I'll buy the game for you when it comes out........ Ha just kidding Aww I'm too lazy to buy the game myself. Come on Joseph I know you want to buy it for me :D

Blatant7
01-21-2010, 05:59 PM
Give me the cost of the game plus 10% extra and I'll buy it for you. ;)

ShadowWolf
01-22-2010, 01:58 PM
Thanks for posting guys, hopefully we will get word soon on who the publisher is and when they will start pre-orders. Maybe there will be a special edition to pre-order? One can only hope. :D

VanguardX
01-24-2011, 12:14 AM
Ok, I know the last post in this thread was 1 year ago. But it would appear that now is a good time to bring up this question again with 505 Studios recent announcement.

1. Any new information on pre-orders?
2. Will there be digital downloads?

LiTos456
01-25-2011, 02:37 PM
Thanks for not making a new thread for this. At the moment there's no info about pre orders although I reckon there will be eventually. Digital downloads most likely but we can't tell you which services yet.

emotionalone
01-25-2011, 03:34 PM
isnt the game f2p?

TriggerHappyNDB
01-25-2011, 03:40 PM
isnt the game f2p?

It is free to play, but only in the sense that other RTS games, like StarCraft 2, are. You must purchase the game at retail and after that, you can play as much as you like with no additional cost. DoF, of course, has an MMO aspect that most other retail RTS games do not, which leads many to expect a monthly fee--hence "F2P" is used to indicate that there is no recurring cost to playing the game.

The exception here is, of course, the series of addon packs with additional quests and such that one can purchase to expand their Dawn of Fantasy experience.

In short, the game is free to play, but not free to own ;).

Vulcanisik
01-25-2011, 03:45 PM
I would prefer that Reverie takes as long as they want to when it comes to accepting pre-orders. I would prefer the game actually be working and stable before pre-orders start. I think a problem a lot of developers have is the urgency to get something out the door, instead of taking the time to test a product thoroughly before putting it out there to the general public. I could spout examples of particularly successful game companies but I think people know of some without me mentioning them by name = )

Dalkor
01-27-2011, 03:15 AM
I want to make it known, that I wish Reverie or 505 will sell the game directly so I can make sure you guys, the developers, get the biggest cut of the money. I've started many gamin project's and when looking at releasing them, it is insane how much of a cut is taken away from retail or digital download purchases(steam & D2D).

Th3 Mastodon
01-27-2011, 10:07 AM
Will it be a special edition or pre-order bonus

Dreadpirate
01-27-2011, 08:38 PM
Yeah I'm a big fan of collectors editions, You should seem my wall, probably over 300 CE boxes =D Would love to see what kind of swag they have in them for this game. Any guesses?

LiTos456
01-27-2011, 08:48 PM
You should seem my wall, probably over 300 CE boxes =D

O.o Dude, CE's are usually pretty big. Do you live in a warehouse lol? I can't imagine being able to fit in 300 CE boxes in one room.

Korpze777
01-27-2011, 09:34 PM
i really hope they do a preorder and maybe give like a bonus for preordering like alot of games do it would be really cool

modernatomic
01-28-2011, 01:38 PM
I'm a definite sucker for collector's editions as well; ever since Ultima IX - buggy game but a great box full of stuff :)
If there was a choice for a "collector's" digital download version from Steam, or Impulse, or Gamersgate that had cosmetic special items, or special single player content, I would be all over that. A printable map would be cool too, especially if the box version came with one.

Erekel
01-29-2011, 09:36 AM
I'd just be happy with a pre-order. Really want to play this game, seems like it's the dream game for me, combining everything I love but in a MMO setting.

Th3 Mastodon
01-29-2011, 01:51 PM
I'd just be happy with a pre-order. Really want to play this game, seems like it's the dream game for me, combining everything I love but in a MMO setting.
The game could not come fast enough
:)

Badguy82
01-31-2011, 02:29 AM
Hopefully I can reserve this game at my local gamestop or something. I wanna get it asap!

Thaiden
01-31-2011, 02:42 AM
Yes, I wouldn't mind seeing this available for preorders in store...