PDA

View Full Version : New Release Date and Beta Date?

Feweh
11-22-2009, 03:18 PM
Hey guys, i've been hanging around and watching DoF for well over 2 years now.

I'm just curious as to what the new release dates are.

As i recall they said beta would be in early fall, and thats clearly passed. When is beta expected now.

I also recall the release date was set to Q1 10

So what are things at, i'm just curious theres no rush i've been following DoF forever and im just wondering.

Supreme
11-22-2009, 03:21 PM
It's not gonna be Q1, its all we know. (release)

Konstantin Fomenko
11-22-2009, 03:37 PM
This is not an official statement but an estimate.

Late January or early February 2010 - Closed Beta Starts

April 2010 - Open Beta Starts.

Release date won`t be up to us.

Generation
11-22-2009, 04:30 PM
That's pretty near :D

wills370
11-22-2009, 07:14 PM
Sounds good to me :D

hope the publishers dont hold it off to long. Get in touch with whoever did dragon age origins there marketing kicked ass :D in the uk anyway :)

nickson104
11-23-2009, 12:15 PM
Sounds good to me :D

hope the publishers dont hold it off to long. Get in touch with whoever did dragon age origins there marketing kicked ass :D in the uk anyway :)

Really? I didnt even know it came out until a day later when one of my mates was telling me about it... Im gonna get it for christmas though :)

wills370
11-23-2009, 12:20 PM
Really? I didnt even know it came out until a day later when one of my mates was telling me about it... Im gonna get it for christmas though :)

:O wow search some of the promo vids on youtube etc its quite impressive what they did for the tv ads and posters. Was everywhere around me anyway

zach12wqasxz
11-23-2009, 01:35 PM
Hey guys, i've been hanging around and watching DoF for well over 2 years now.

I'm just curious as to what the new release dates are.

As i recall they said beta would be in early fall, and thats clearly passed. When is beta expected now.

I also recall the release date was set to Q1 10

So what are things at, i'm just curious theres no rush i've been following DoF forever and im just wondering.

well you missed all the beta contests mostly, but there MIGHT be another one, ( i really hope so ).and this game i estimate to be released summer or fall of 2010, open beta doest start till april so i dont know, i think theres gonna be a lot of bugs reveries gonna have to work out before they release it, but im not an expert

LiTos456
11-23-2009, 02:17 PM
Lol I remember the game was supposed to come out in february.
I dont mind though. In fact, I like it. Gives me time to get done with all the current high budget release games :p

Josh Warner
11-23-2009, 04:51 PM
Lol I remember the game was supposed to come out in february.
I dont mind though. In fact, I like it. Gives me time to get done with all the current high budget release games :p

Shame most of these triple A bloated-budget titles spend most of their money on graphics and the gameplay is recycled. :p

Darathor
11-23-2009, 05:30 PM
I'm fine with waiting until summer for the release. I have other things I can do and you guys keep me very interested in the game.

bikkebakke
11-24-2009, 03:09 AM
Shame most of these triple A bloated-budget titles spend most of their money on graphics and the gameplay is recycled. :p

aaah, how many have fallen for those games. I personally like indiegames more due to that they like to experiment for new gameplay, it feels like big companies make one really succesful game and then stick by it, upgrading the graphics for the next game and changing the place etc... absolutely not talking about CoD >,> (guess im going to be hated now)

Im just one of those that don't like sequels that much, I would rather see new games with new gameplay and new stories instead of milking off the old.

zach12wqasxz
11-24-2009, 07:40 AM
aaah, how many have fallen for those games. I personally like indiegames more due to that they like to experiment for new gameplay, it feels like big companies make one really succesful game and then stick by it, upgrading the graphics for the next game and changing the place etc... absolutely not talking about CoD >,> (guess im going to be hated now)

Im just one of those that don't like sequels that much, I would rather see new games with new gameplay and new stories instead of milking off the old.

some sequels are ok but i definatly agree with what you are saying. the only acception to that is assassins creed 2, that game is so much different from the first, its the same assassinate this guy type deal, but they have so much more story around it, not to mention all the different things they did, they definalty addded a lot more to the gameplay to that game from the original. and CoD is just the same rambo crap sequel after sequel.

raving
11-24-2009, 09:36 AM
hehe i sence that this date will be pushed to improve the game even more ^^ :D not that i mind :D

Henry Martin
11-24-2009, 10:34 AM

some sequels are ok but i definatly agree with what you are saying. the only acception to that is assassins creed 2, that game is so much different from the first, its the same assassinate this guy type deal, but they have so much more story around it, not to mention all the different things they did, they definalty addded a lot more to the gameplay to that game from the original. and CoD is just the same rambo crap sequel after sequel.

Indie game companies do mild games like other companies, but I will agree that they do more experimenting than large companies. The RTS genres has so many indie company games that are really bad.

Well you could say the same thing about assassin's creed 2. Its a 3d platformer with small quest/shopping (gamers love shopping) in between killing (no other game has done any of this before:eek: ). The game is basically the first with improvements just like most games. I don't think that its a bad thing. if something is successful don't just abandon it and go to something new, but don't milk it too much either. All games reuse simple mechanics even Dof (I don't mean it in a bad way:D ). the game is an RTS just like the hundreds of other RTSs. Every game is repetitive, its just some will do a better job of distracting players away from the repetition. COD and assassin's creed 2 are using things that have been in other games with some going back to the beginning of video games.

I don't mean to start anything, but to keep on topic can't wait till the beta.

edit: I am going to buy assassin's creed 2:D

Supreme
11-24-2009, 12:24 PM
Finnishing assasins creed 1 became a task for me (repetitive). Let's hope that wont happen with 2.

Henry Martin
11-24-2009, 12:39 PM
Finnishing assasins creed 1 became a task for me (repetitive). Let's hope that wont happen with 2.

Like I said in my last post all games are repetitive in nature. Some games are broken up to try and hide the repetition more, but in the end if you are doing the same thing more than once thats repetition.

zach12wqasxz
11-24-2009, 01:17 PM
there should make real life simulator game.where you start as a little kid and play out your life, like you could do whatever you wanted, become the president of america or ANYTHING you choose, though i could see a lot of nerds never seeing daylight for a couple of years.

LiTos456
11-24-2009, 02:22 PM
Assassin's Creed 2 is the best game ever made.
That's final.

bikkebakke
11-24-2009, 02:28 PM
there should make real life simulator game.where you start as a little kid and play out your life, like you could do whatever you wanted, become the president of america or ANYTHING you choose, though i could see a lot of nerds never seeing daylight for a couple of years.

Eeeh, maybe actually living your own life would be better than playing it :/

And those who would actually make that game should recieve nobel prizes and they should be voted president over all countries that exist... and they should recieve the moon as a token.

Getting offtopic here aswell.
The threads name is: New Release Date and Beta Date?

Benighted
12-03-2009, 08:20 AM
can't wait :)

zach12wqasxz
12-14-2009, 01:26 PM
Eeeh, maybe actually living your own life would be better than playing it :/

And those who would actually make that game should recieve nobel prizes and they should be voted president over all countries that exist... and they should recieve the moon as a token.

Getting offtopic here aswell.
The threads name is: New Release Date and Beta Date?

wouldnt you want to play a game that isnt repetitve? like you could join the military when you turn 18, and it would be like call of duty ( except completly realistic ). i mean the possibilities are so endless when you think about a game like that. you could go to an amusement park and ride the rides, or if your rich you could buy the park and make your game almost like a roller coaster tycoon gamet. the possibilites aer complety endless. mixed in with super graphics, a realisticly sized, and shaped world ( one like our own ), and realaistic character emotion and AI, something like that would be EPIC in the gaming industry, granted were still 20 years away from somehting like that. just so you guys know i thought of it first :D

Aametherar
12-25-2009, 07:13 AM
Ask me how long i'll wait patiently for this game with a smile on my face, and i'll say, "as long as it takes". I think it's great that they are taking their time and truly trying to make a unique game. If I wanted another generic I could just buy that new one every month. In the meantime it's worth the wait i'm sure.

As for newer games coming out lately (in general) I heard so much awesome stuff about MW2 so I checked it out and found it was no more than a sub-par fps with no innovation and few features. But the graphics were shiny and it was new! So naturally all these people newer to games likely with WOW as their starting point just don't get it, it's like they're starting over from the beginning.

Point being, graphics be damned this baby is gonna be awesome :D. I want features in my games, innovation, and most of all depth!

In any case, it's great to have another estimate! I love that you guys aren't afraid to give estimates, and that the community is understanding enough to accept that it is just an estimate and we do appreciate it! Cya soon (sorry for the lengthiness).

Darathor
12-25-2009, 08:51 AM
MW2, while fun, is incredibly imbalanced and I hate how they don't have dedicated servers on the PC. I hate having to use matchmaking for every game.

I started to play games(around age 5 or something) with games like Age of Empires 2 and Starcraft. I still love them more than most other games that come out now. I have Dawn of War 2, it's fun and pretty, but doesn't have what the old great games have. I also play WOW, and it was fun at first, the first expansion was fun, but by the 2nd expansion it was really boring, unfun, and unbalanced. Everything is easier than before, you can put no effort and stuff for nearly free. I want a challenge in a game, not have everything handed to me on a platter. I can't wait until the 3rd expansion, when I'll quit.