PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Friday I - Major Towns Overview

Alex Walz
11-20-2009, 06:18 PM
Fantasy Friday I
Major Towns Overview

http://reverieworld.com/screenshots/ff1/towns_thumb.jpg (http://reverieworld.com/screenshots/ff1/towns.jpg)
Click to Enlarge.

Hey guys!

Starting now, we will be changing the format of our media showcases a bit. First off, we will have one every Friday, until DoF's release, under the name of "Fantasy Friday." Secondly, these showcases, for the most part, will feature less of an emphasis on screenshots and more of an emphasis on descriptions. So we will be narrowing the subjects being showcased but we will provide more information in the long run. We have big plans for the future including showcasing individual units and abilities, skirmish modes, resources, spells, and other exciting aspects of DoF. So be sure to check back every week!

As a segue into this new style of showcase, I'd like to present you with a little information on the twelve major towns featured in Dawn of Fantasy:

http://reverieworld.com/screenshots/ff1/denwall.jpg

Denwall (Region – Rollingplain)
The people of Denwall have gained a reputation as tough and unyielding folk. Their castle is the source of this stubborn nature, for while it is much smaller than the mighty Dagbor, its mountaintop location and double walls have over the years repelled many a fearsome foe. The citizens even have well-loved siege song. Many of the verses involve rather rude metaphors, but the refrain is uncomplicated. “Come on with your swords and your spears/Whenever you want, we'll be here!”

http://reverieworld.com/screenshots/ff1/dagbor.jpg

Dagbor (Region – Southmont)
The name of Dagbor has echoed through the ages with strength and victory. This is humankind's largest and proudest city. Its defenses are legendary: two layers of walls protect the lower entrance, while the keep itself is circled by a roaring river and treacherous cliffs. The ancient bones of those foolhardy enough to tackle water and rock sometimes resurface briefly, before the lethal undercurrents suck them once more back to their watery prison.

http://reverieworld.com/screenshots/ff1/darssen.jpg

Darssen (Region – Rollingplain)
Darssen is a town of romance and fairytale. Situated on the human-elven border, stories abound of forbidden liaisons between elf and human. Consequently, it is the haven and breeding ground of bards and minstrels, as well as adventure seekers and ne'er-do-wells. But gold does not run thick, and the wooden walls of this small stronghold reflect its poverty. Though its hilltop stance is adequate against small assaults, a sieging army would meet scant resistance.

http://reverieworld.com/screenshots/ff1/thorndale.jpg

Thorndale (Region – Wold)
Set idyllically in the backlands of the Wold region, Thorndale maintains a quiet existence. Farming is in the blood of most Wold folk, and their intelligence is often mocked by neighboring Southmontians. However, Thorndale has in times past suffered many orc raids, and proof that these people are not fools is evident in the wide moat and variety of wall-mounted defenses. Some do whisper that the walls themselves have weaknesses, but it would surely take a committed siege to discover them.

http://reverieworld.com/screenshots/ff1/gelmeerim.jpg

Gelmeerim (Region – Taltos)
Known also as The City of the Sky, Gelmeerim rises from a mountain lake in a symbolic reflection of the creation myths, in which the Gods made all beings from the images they perceived in the Great Lake. These splendid walls demonstrate elven architecture at its finest and fiercest. This is not a place allowed to mortal feet, unless that mortal can somehow cross either of the two heavily defended bridges that constitute the only routes into Gelmeerim.

http://reverieworld.com/screenshots/ff1/illastiltos.jpg

Illas Tiltos (Region – Bolfores'l)
The great capital city of the elven realm embodies all the awesome power of this immortal race. Its beauty is unearthly and unwelcoming. Boleta hums in every space, and the trees are giants here. Few that are not elves have witnessed the glory of Illas Tiltos and lived to tell the tale. Twin walls built with elven craft stand tall about the inner keep, and it is said that to siege Illas Tiltos would be to blow against a hurricane.

http://reverieworld.com/screenshots/ff1/illastortra.jpg

Illas Tortra (Region – Erthee L’Bala)
Located in the heartland of the wood elves, secrecy and independence have always been the hallmarks of Illas Tortra. Though remote from human and orchish realms, Illas Tortra still experienced some upheaval from the wars between these races. It is a city that values the mystical secrets of the forest life and fiercely fought to maintain its independence from the High Elf culture. It is located at the point where land meets the sea and so it is a thriving port city, protected by a double wall, surrounded by a swamp.

http://reverieworld.com/screenshots/ff1/uttalatros.jpg

Uttal Atras (Region – Bolfores’l)
Uttal Attras is the second most important city in Bolfores’l, and has always struggled in the shadow of Illas Tiltos. The leaders of Uttal Atras seek to preserve the special place of Bolfores’l as the land in which elves originated, so great emphasis is placed on preserving and advancing the high arts of elven civilization here. Uttal Atras is a miracle of elven masonry with five keeps connected by sky bridges located in the impassable low land that is filled with lakes and swamps.

http://reverieworld.com/screenshots/ff1/nokkrasol.jpg
Nokkrasol (Region – Flattan Rol)
Nokkrasol is on a promontory that thrusts deep into elven lands and thus is seen by orcs to represent the ambition, daring and courage of the entire orc nation. Those who live here are mighty, and will not give respect without good reason. Located at the Orcish border with elves, this stronghold while insignificant in size, and protected only by a single layer of walls, is still a hard nut to crack, since it is located on top of the mountain pass and protected by fast moving mountain rivers.

http://reverieworld.com/screenshots/ff1/pultak.jpg

Pultak (Region – Brakental)
In the far south of the orcish realm is a barren desert region, and across many centuries of hardship and struggle, the fortess town of Pultak has grown up here. It is considered home to the hardiest and most ferocious orc warriors alive. Standing in the middle of the desert, impervious to fire, the stronghold of Pultak is not the largest, but it is protected with two layers of walls and natural desert and mountain terrain. There is no cover or protection for the unlucky attackers.

http://reverieworld.com/screenshots/ff1/makkada.jpg

Makkada (Region – Flattan Rol)
Makkada means “Mother Womb,” and it is the pride of the orc race. This place makes all orcs strong, for here orcs were first created. The capital city of the orc kingdom, Makkada is one of the largest cities in the land of Mythador – quite uncharacteristic of orcs, yet there it is - located on a mountain side surrounded by deadly swamp. This town is protected by numerous layers of walls, not to mention the royal keep on the mountain top. It can only be taken by a truly massive army.

http://reverieworld.com/screenshots/ff1/ralnistro.jpg

Ral Nistro (Region – Thikken Dal)
Ral Nistro was built by bold orcs in the distant past, orcs who dared to settle right on the border of the human realm. Part of Thikken Dal - the land beneath the trees – it is famous for its orc archers. Located on a mountain and surrounded by impassible forest, Ral Nistro is the second most impenetrable orc stronghold. Its only weakness is that wild fires can be started around and inside the stronghold - but defenders can take advantage of that as well. Protected with two layers of walls, and 3 keep structures, Ral Nistro makes for a hard target.

All of these towns will be available in the beta and more major towns might be added before release.

Each of these towns will be available in both the MMORTS mode and as singleplayer/multiplayer skirmish maps. So look forward to exploring all the nooks and crannies of these massive towns as your MMORTS hero trades with the local merchants, hires mercenaries local to the region, purchases siege equipment or livestock, chats with other wandering players, takes on quests from the NPCs, or you can even team up with other players to take one of these towns by siege to loot the town's wealth. These towns are all rich in history so talking with the locals is always rewarding to learn the secrets of the market and the region as a whole. Or head to the skirmish modes, single- or multi-player, to protect or siege these great towns. Just imagine hosting a LAN party with you and three friends defending the capital city of Makkada as four more friends team up to take you down! 'Nuff said.

Expect in-depth showcases of each of these twelve towns in the near future. See you next Friday!

Espadachim
11-20-2009, 06:42 PM
*Applauds*

Really great cities. The history behind each of them was a great plus.

(Also, it looks like that it will take several player to take down the capital cities. Good to know :D )

Konstantin Fomenko
11-20-2009, 07:09 PM
Also, it looks like that it will take several player to take down the capital cities
Several players with pretty strong armies! Some of the epic quests we have late game ask players to form alliance with several players and sack a capital city.

Kire
11-20-2009, 07:22 PM
Nice pictures ... My favorite is Darssen ..... oh what great fortress it would be there if had enough money =P, even now looks simple and nice. What about if i send ingame money to them so they can build better walls or x stuff ?=P

Espadachim
11-20-2009, 07:39 PM
Several players with pretty strong armies! Some of the epic quests we have late game ask players to form alliance with several players and sack a capital city.

Hmm, interesting. I look forward into plundering Illas Tiltos. Hard job? Sure. But the loot looks like that will pay our expenses.

(Any brave men or orcs would join me? ;) )

Blatant7
11-20-2009, 08:44 PM
I shall fight by your side, Espadachim. And these cities/towns look great, can't wait for next week's update.

zach12wqasxz
11-20-2009, 09:33 PM
those cities look AMAZING!. though once i raise my army of doom noone will stand a chance against a my tide of troops, not even impregnable fortresses!

sneaky_squirrel
11-20-2009, 11:19 PM
This looks like it is going to be very fun ;p.

Good job on the cities guys, can't wait for the third closed beta.

Darathor
11-20-2009, 11:25 PM
Those all look awesome but I especially love Ral Nistro and Uttal Atras. I can't wait to see these cities for myself. Keep up the good work!

Joseph Visscher
11-21-2009, 01:45 AM
Nice pictures ... My favorite is Darssen ..... oh what great fortress it would be there if had enough money =P, even now looks simple and nice. What about if i send ingame money to them so they can build better walls or x stuff ?=P

If you want,,,, you can give me money and i'll make it some walls right now.... :p jk

Really good job alex and kon, you showed off my pretty cities,,, my precious'sess(Gollem's voice :p),,, very well... lol.

Generation
11-21-2009, 02:24 AM
That i tell you is amazing! Like how there are different type of bases and not all just the same. They each have a advantage on it and can help really well. Proud of u devs :D

Darvin
11-21-2009, 02:33 AM
I noticed that Pultak is spelled "Putlak" on the world map. Typo I presume?

Supreme
11-21-2009, 03:50 AM
Im liking the describtions, their a little cliche but thats fine by me.

SvN
11-21-2009, 04:20 AM
oh they are beautiful! great work!:)

Uttal Atros looks like a nightmare to defend tough:p

nickson104
11-21-2009, 06:00 AM
I am feeling really drawn to Darssen... Damn... I may end up playing humans...

Great job on the cities guys, they all look amazing

Josh Warner
11-21-2009, 06:01 AM
oh they are beautiful! great work!:)

Uttal Atros looks like a nightmare to defend tough:p

It wouldn't be too bad - you'd just have to have proper scouting to make sure the bulk of your forces are where you need to be. Those sky bridges connecting to the center make wonderful choke points if they break in any part.

Jean=A=Luc
11-21-2009, 08:52 AM
So it'll be possible for players to both attack and defend those cities at will? Or will a player get a quest to sack the city, "share" it with allies and then fight the AI in an instanced copy of the city?

Also will one be able to actually hold those cities or just loot/sack them after which they return to their previous state (after some time of course)? I guess I could draw a parallel with WAR here where you can hold a city for a while but then opposing bots and players get bonuses which enable them to eventually kick you out.

Puppeteer
11-21-2009, 01:52 PM
For me Thorndale represents the underestimated proletariat, quietly biding its time against the onslaughts of the bourgeois. I shall establish a Communist revolution against all humans!

The Witch King of Angmar
11-21-2009, 05:32 PM
They all look very nice. Great job on the info. as well. However, they look a little small unless I'm just looking at the ration incorrectly. I mean, I know they can't be overly massive, but, again, just my opinion.

zach12wqasxz
11-22-2009, 12:09 AM
Makkada is by far my most favorite castle, though its orcish :(......filthy buggers them orcs are! ill just have to take it from them i guess....*sigh*... looks like another day of takeing castles from a baby!

wills370
11-22-2009, 05:08 AM
Wow i really like the new showcase :) all the cities look great although i think i like the elf design the most the shapes and dynamics of the castles make it my favorite with the humans comming in second. With the slightly less dynamic but more traditional style of castle. Well done to all who worked on it cant wait to attack a few :P

Chris Harshman
11-22-2009, 07:46 PM
They all look very nice. Great job on the info. as well. However, they look a little small unless I'm just looking at the ration incorrectly. I mean, I know they can't be overly massive, but, again, just my opinion.

They are bigger than they appear, those shots are zoomed out a fair bit so that they give an overall picture of the city.

Alex Walz
11-22-2009, 08:21 PM
No, these small shots don't do justice to any of these towns. Some are just strongholds like Darssen while others are truly massive like Dagbor and Makkada.

We will look back at each of these towns in later showcases, but for now, I'll leave you with a shot of one of my favorite towns, Illas Tortra (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=37&d=1238707496). It's a fairly average sized town, but you can tell how much it dwarfs the elves. Even the giant treants look small in comparison. And keep in mind that you have no boundaries - you can take the fighting to the walls and bridges, out to the very end of the dock, and even to the surface of the little boat. Most of the fighting will be done at strategic choke points, so you won't have to worry about stationing archers on every corner, and the human farms, mills, and mines are all outside of the walls.

nickson104
11-23-2009, 12:09 PM
wow... that town is pretty damn awesome... It even made me do a double take when I noticed that half the shrubs/trees that i was seeing... were actually buildings... :/ Elven architecture ftw? :p
I can so imagine an naval attack on that town.... ohhhhh so good.... cant wait...

Puppeteer
11-23-2009, 02:39 PM
Darsen reminds me of Edoras, Rohan.

wills370
11-23-2009, 02:47 PM
Wow better start building my army now for that one lol. Looking at theese photos though i would almost say that the elves have the most impressive defences strategically anyway with the boats etc. Not the humans? Or is there hidden content that means the humans remain the most defensive race/tech advanced?

The Witch King of Angmar
11-23-2009, 03:43 PM
Thanks for clearing that up for me. :D

Alex Walz
11-23-2009, 04:51 PM
The elves emphasize a strong defense while the orcs emphasize a strong offense. The humans are pretty average with no drastic advantages or disadvantages.

Espadachim
11-23-2009, 05:07 PM
My guess would be that humans being middle ground, should adapt theirselves to counter the enemy strategy, being more flexible than the other races.

zach12wqasxz
11-24-2009, 12:08 PM
The elves emphasize a strong defense while the orcs emphasize a strong offense. The humans are pretty average with no drastic advantages or disadvantages.

so if im more of a defensive playing guy i should use the elves? like my strategy in rts's is defense first, i always beef up my defenses and make myself pretty much impenatrable, then i beef up my troop count, and send a massive wave of enemys to overwhelm them, and thats after they send the bulk of there forces to destroy me, to find they lost a few hundred guys to my archers, thats when i clean the rest up with calvary and infantry, and then blitz the enemy at there weakest point in there castle.....i shouldnt of said that :eek:

Puppeteer
11-24-2009, 12:15 PM
I'll go for Humans, purely on aesthetics :D

Supreme
11-24-2009, 12:22 PM
so if im more of a defensive playing guy i should use the elves? like my strategy in rts's is defense first, i always beef up my defenses and make myself pretty much impenatrable, then i beef up my troop count, and send a massive wave of enemys to overwhelm them, and thats after they send the bulk of there forces to destroy me, to find they lost a few hundred guys to my archers, thats when i clean the rest up with calvary and infantry, and then blitz the enemy at there weakest point in there castle.....i shouldnt of said that :eek:

Yes, you might aswell give up now.

Havent decided on the race yet, depends on how much time I have when it comes out. Im guessing defensive is easier for the lease active.

zach12wqasxz
11-24-2009, 12:23 PM
I'll go for Humans, purely on aesthetics :D

ya i wouldnt be the elves solely because i think there ugly, i never really like evles in anything, and orcs are kool, but to viscous and chaotic for me, wich is why i chose humans

Supreme
11-24-2009, 12:24 PM
Note to zach: chaos is a good thing!

zach12wqasxz
11-24-2009, 12:28 PM
Yes, you might aswell give up now.

Havent decided on the race yet, depends on how much time I have when it comes out. Im guessing defensive is easier for the lease active.

i wouldnt say defense is easier for least active, becasue you always get those ppl that send a trillion guys at you after the first 2 minutes of the game, but the fact that this is a mmo and a persistant world i would defiantly alter my style of play, ill defiantly have a buffed up castle, but it would cary over to battle after battle so i could focus on resource aquirement and and troops. question for devs, do they elves just outright have the best archers? or are all the races pretty much equal?

Supreme
11-24-2009, 01:25 PM
In general defence is easier with a limited timespan. Seeing as farming takes less clicks than killing & looting.

In the end, to be good at an RTS is to be good at acquiring and/or keeping resources. In this game it will be both and all people must emphasize resource acquirement first, its not just you ;).

(acquiring is non-war and keeping is an for instance an instanced Total war game)

Dont know how I got to this but here ya go. ;)

fyro11
11-24-2009, 05:31 PM
Note to zach: chaos is a good thing!

Romans vs. Celts, anyone?

Not taking about barbarity here, as both sides would have a case. But strategically, I know who I'd pick.

Alex Walz
11-24-2009, 06:31 PM
so if im more of a defensive playing guy i should use the elves? like my strategy in rts's is defense first, i always beef up my defenses and make myself pretty much impenatrable, then i beef up my troop count, and send a massive wave of enemys to overwhelm them, and thats after they send the bulk of there forces to destroy me, to find they lost a few hundred guys to my archers, thats when i clean the rest up with calvary and infantry, and then blitz the enemy at there weakest point in there castle.....i shouldnt of said that

While natural advantages should have some impact on your choices, if you're a defensive player, by no means do you have to play as the Elves to be successful. We'll still playing around with the trait system and we're unsure whether or not it will be part of regular skirmish maps, but if you look back at the Human MMO Showcase (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1023), you will notice that each race can pick a primary trait, and a secondary trait. You pick these traits based on your typical playstyle; so if you're a defensive player, you can pick the Defense Mastery and this will give you some bonuses to help your defense. So any race can have a strong defense or offense.

zach12wqasxz
11-24-2009, 09:53 PM
While natural advantages should have some impact on your choices, if you're a defensive player, by no means do you have to play as the Elves to be successful. We'll still playing around with the trait system and we're unsure whether or not it will be part of regular skirmish maps, but if you look back at the Human MMO Showcase (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1023), you will notice that each race can pick a primary trait, and a secondary trait. You pick these traits based on your typical playstyle; so if you're a defensive player, you can pick the Defense Mastery and this will give you some bonuses to help your defense. So any race can have a strong defense or offense.

sweet, ill be buffing my defense up as much as possible because a good offense is a good defense ( is that how the phrase goes? i forget lol )

Jean=A=Luc
11-24-2009, 11:00 PM
sweet, ill be buffing my defense up as much as possible because a good offense is a good defense ( is that how the phrase goes? i forget lol )

The phrase says that the best defense is a good offense so it's offense you should be buffing if you go by that logic. Even your own post is contradictory in that sense.

Supreme
11-25-2009, 02:50 AM
Romans vs. Celts, anyone?

Not taking about barbarity here, as both sides would have a case. But strategically, I know who I'd pick.

History note: the germans pillaged rome.

wills370
11-25-2009, 03:13 AM
Sounds good with the trait system. Will let us taylor the game to our needs :) and styles. Should make for small diffrences when it comes to starting up that will just muliply as you grow large. Im thinking i might be an elf now although i was going to be humans. i beleive elvs have just topped it this time which is unusual SO GOOD JOB!!

Josh Warner
11-25-2009, 08:18 AM
History note: the germans pillaged rome.

The Romans also conquered all of gaul and much of the known world. A city getting sacked means nothing. During the height of it's power the only empire that is on the same level as the Roman's was Alexander the Great's.

Konstantin Fomenko
11-25-2009, 10:01 AM
Yeah, getting your town pillaged is really not the end - same example - Gauls did pillage Rome back in the days of early republic (350 something BCish) as well, and few generation later Romans traveled up north to pillage Gauls.

But we are starting to get off-topic, I think... time to get started on the next Fantasy First showcase - you guys are gonna love it - we`ll be showcasing our trade system.

Supreme
11-25-2009, 11:25 AM
But I havent even gotten to reply yet..! ;)

Quickly then: the last time rome got sacked in the roman ages the empire "Rome" got sacked for good, dont forget that either ;).

Josh Warner
11-25-2009, 12:33 PM
What matters is what they accomplished before their inevitable end. Nothing lasts forever.

And as Kon said, the next showcase is going to be great :) Glad we're able to start revealing more and more.

Jean=A=Luc
11-25-2009, 12:51 PM
Quickly then: the last time rome got sacked in the roman ages the empire "Rome" got sacked for good, dont forget that either ;).

Goths sacking an already dead Rome means nothing. The empire had dozens of enemies all around and was crumbling from within as well, it's hardly the same situation. Not even the emperor lived in Rome at that time.

Kire
11-25-2009, 03:27 PM
Goths sacking an already dead Rome means nothing. The empire had dozens of enemies all around and was crumbling from within as well, it's hardly the same situation. Not even the emperor lived in Rome at that time.

Beside when they did conquer Rome (western roman empire), nothing changed for normal people, just the leadership changed ... so it lived on in some way.

but 1. Rome was sacked but it did survived because not all Rome city was burned (paladin/palatin/palatium? hill was untouched - i dont remember the name exactly of that hill).
2.gauls is not same as celts ... celts did sacked rome but not gauls, gaul is just a tribe of celts. Celts were just expanding in late iron age so either they were from all tribes or at that time that tribe did not exist yet.
3.germans is a modern word for ppl. Celts were not germans, gauls were not germans. We can only start to speak of germans when franks formed the kingdom, but even that is early. Some celts were also in my country (slovenia) and also in greece but we cant say they were slovenians or greek ppl ....

4. sorry for offtopic =P

edit:5 not germans but germanic nations (this is not same as germans ... german is subword for germanic ppl)

Supreme
11-26-2009, 07:56 AM
As far as my understanding goes the mongols were chasing down the germans (as a collective name for them barbarians) (who might've chased eachother further down) and thusfar pressured the roman border to such an amount it pretty much broke.

Jean=A=Luc
11-26-2009, 09:01 AM
As far as my understanding goes the mongols were chasing down the germans (as a collective name for them barbarians) (who might've chased eachother further down) and thusfar pressured the roman border to such an amount it pretty much broke.

Yeah, among other things.

Supreme
11-26-2009, 09:12 AM
Good ol' hannibal and those. But lets not go there..:p

Swift sword
11-26-2009, 09:39 AM
Great looking cities, looks like they'll be fun to just look at, especially if players can design things similiar to these behemoths.
I think my favorite may be Uttal Atros, it looks awesome. Although it may be easier to let two of the keeps fall so you can abuse those chokepoints...;)
My favorite human fort is probably Dagbor though-huge massive cities make for epic battles.:D
Thanks to Alex for the comparison screenshot, I had no idea they were actually that big until I saw that.

Liljagare
11-27-2009, 11:11 AM
Dang, this looks sweet! :)

Espadachim
11-27-2009, 11:59 AM
I hope that custom towns can reach at least a degree of the might of the capitals. :)

Darathor
11-27-2009, 04:55 PM
The Romans also conquered all of gaul and much of the known world. A city getting sacked means nothing. During the height of it's power the only empire that is on the same level as the Roman's was Alexander the Great's.

The Mongol empire was much larger than those empires, and fought mucher harder foes (with the possible notable exception of Carthage) I would say. They conquered much if not all of China, and much of Russia, and of many countries west of China. They even invaded Japan some before the empire split.

I believe the orcs will show the power of barbarity when compared to trained of humans and perhaps even to the awesomeness of the elves.
Also, it's Friday and I can't wait!

raving
11-28-2009, 08:27 AM
*Applauds*

Really great cities. The history behind each of them was a great plus.

(Also, it looks like that it will take several player to take down the capital cities. Good to know :D )
god i wanna sack it now!
:p love the stories behind all the capitols and love the human towns. maybe im going human afterall? ^^

Puppeteer
11-28-2009, 11:46 AM
If you want to talk about ancient history make a topic in The Pub subforum.

Kire
11-28-2009, 06:38 PM
god i wanna sack it now!
:p love the stories behind all the capitols and love the human towns. maybe im going human afterall? ^^

Yea humans are becoming more and more tempting even for a hardcore elf =P, at least those cities look better from far for me =). But i am vegetarian so if humans cant live without killing animals and sacking violently woods without compassion and while only elves can have elegancy and strenght in one and while they are the strongest 1v1 than still elves will do for now =P.

At human cities (as i see from far and managed to see closer from other pictures) only thing that bugs me ..... no mater how much money you have or how good king you are (at least economically =P) the city will look the same poorly ..... no extra magnificent buildings for more money. At least there should be very nice (esthetically or fortified) kings palace which i dont see there. There are buildings from wood but richer could also use more stone.
Dont say this game isnt sims or settlers or simcity because if this is persistant world and you look each day the same wooden poor buildings (no mater what you do and how much money you have) become rather dull. And since this are major towns we cant expect much more for our own cities.

Humans are very dilicant nation .. they can be as vile as orcs and as good as elves and also in between. So leaving them with just one possibility to choose is rather naive. Elves are known to be good and orc to be bad but the most interesting thing at humans is that you can make your own destiny. So i also think you should give this choice to humans.

At least as i see most human cities have outer wall and smaller inner wall. So it would be nice if in inner wall would be all important buildings and also stoneish and more richy decorated. And kings palace should be better so you could see it from a far !!

From age of empires 2 prespective : this city looks like feudal age with imperial age wall =). Walls look nice ... but also for more interesting play some could be covered wit roofs ( http://www.medieval-spell.com/Images/Home/Towers-13th.jpg ) which would add more defense but decrease the effective use of more archers (could support the fire rate of smaller number of archers) - can just shoot 6ish archers at same time.

Oh and bdw .. i i have one question ... where is picture of this city (it looks like one of major towns =))? -http://www.dawnoffantasy.com/media/screen5.jpg

Espadachim
11-28-2009, 08:32 PM
I would guess as Dagbor, due to the river, but it's a massive shot in the dark.

Darathor
11-30-2009, 09:45 PM
It looks like it's not one of the NPC cities. I would guess that it's just one that they made while playing the game.

Jack
12-09-2009, 10:02 AM
are these citys created by players or by producers?
because they look like producet citys

zach12wqasxz
12-09-2009, 12:38 PM

there like faction capitol cities, but you will be able to make your city as big, if not bigger than these in the MMO and single player game modes, so dont worry, youll have a giant mountain fortress soon enough

Darathor
12-09-2009, 04:13 PM

They are npc cities that are created for computers so players will be able to have trade in them and conquer them.

Jack
12-10-2009, 01:51 AM
oke
good to know, i was wondering what the could do and what you can do with them:)

Zeluk
03-04-2010, 08:35 AM
Not to necro a thread but...
Hmm, interesting. I look forward into plundering Illas Tiltos. Hard job? Sure. But the loot looks like that will pay our expenses.

(Any brave men or orcs would join me? ;) )

I shall fight by your side, Espadachim. And these cities/towns look great, can't wait for next week's update.

I shall stand at the defense of the elves!

Uttal Astros is sounding and looking like my personal fav (elven biased of course).

Alex Walz
03-05-2010, 09:16 PM
Glad to hear it interests you - Uttal Atros is a stronghold we've more or less passed over in our screenshots and showcases. But you may be pleased to know that I included some Uttal Atros shots in today's showcase just for you. ;) There's also a beautiful shot of it as the background for our Twitter (http://twitter.com/DawnOfFantasy).

Zeluk
03-05-2010, 09:31 PM
Woah! Do I feel honored. I will check that out ASAP.

EDIT- Great I've been deliberately avoiding Twitter, and now I have to get one.....

Khan kreiger
05-29-2010, 11:47 AM
Oh my gosh Makkada is LEGENDARY and I love how there is a story behind all of them just fantastic keep up the amazing work

BraveHeart
11-29-2010, 01:43 PM
Every city looks amazing my faforites are Ral Nistro and Uttal Atros love the skybridges hope elves can make those in online kingdom mode aswell. Cant wait to defend one of these cities.

Greetz Brave

jleem21
12-01-2010, 03:47 AM
The cities look magnificent but seem a bit..for lack of a better word, small.. Though they all look great, most of the cities don't really like as if they can support a full army, but def at least a force to defend themselves with. I would personally play as the orcs and would continue to expand my walls and city limit/borders. I was just wondering if there is a certain size and or limit to expanding a settlement.

Nollo
12-04-2010, 04:35 PM
I absolutely L()VE LORE~ and with each city and unit and leader more lore is forming ooo i cant wait to know everything about the lore int his game!

Alex Walz
12-04-2010, 04:40 PM
If you love lore, make sure you read chapter 1 and 2 (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9) of the War Without Kings! You can also find some good lore here (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1573) and in the minor town and homeland Fantasy Friday showcases.

DanishViking
12-05-2010, 05:25 AM
Darsen is definitely the COOLEST castle ever.
sort of lord of the rings -esque
really looking forward to testing the might of these mighty citadels :D

Revenger571
03-12-2011, 07:18 PM
These towns are just great looking. I hope i can make it into the beta and test my town building strategy :D

darkheart
03-13-2011, 06:18 PM
they look great only question now is are the towns we enter in game with prebuilt or are they pick from list of prebuilt ?

Alex Walz
03-13-2011, 06:43 PM
You can choose which non-player towns to visit - all of which are pre-built and standardized. Player towns, on the other hand, will be built up from scratch.

Durken
03-15-2011, 10:00 PM
It's great to see so much detail go into a city for an RTS

xantero
03-30-2011, 05:45 PM
i like ral nistro one xD