PDA

View Full Version : IS it true about 30 hours Single player campaign

Fruziek
11-19-2009, 10:14 AM
HI i read on MMorts.com that dawn of fantasy has 30 hours singleplayer campaign in addition to MMO play. Is it true if yes hau do i get it???:confused:

LiTos456
11-19-2009, 02:15 PM
Nope not much is known about the SP campaign right now. And you can't get anything yet, the game isn't out.

SvN
11-19-2009, 02:46 PM
it's known that it will have dozens of hours of scripted narrating, I believe that the whole campaign will be much longer than 30 hours.:)

Espadachim
11-19-2009, 03:26 PM
Judging by the world map, I'd bet on even more.

(Off-Topic: But I really think that if there will be a xpack, there will be more, ah much more :D )

Alex Walz
11-19-2009, 04:46 PM
I cannot comment on the single-player campaign right now, but always take information you see on other sites with a grain of salt. Some of the DoF info out there is 3+ years and we're currently working on getting it all up-to-date.

Konstantin Fomenko
11-19-2009, 05:21 PM
That information is 3 years overdue, the current campaign turned out to be more like 9 hours.

However - we might be moving our campaign to the MMORTS quest format instead of just single-player format. So in a way game will most likely ship without single player campaign.

I know this decision might disappoint players who only play games in single player, but this is an MMORTS title - and believe me it`s much more fun to play through campaign like quests in the MMORTS mode:
-The army you get at the end of the scenario is what you`ll start with the next level
-Unless you choose to drop by your home town to get more troops or NPC town to get mercenaries
-You will actually travel from one campaign location to another, instead of a simple load screen.
-And so on, and so on.

Jean=A=Luc
11-19-2009, 05:36 PM
Will you then make an option for people who only wish to play PvE so to speak (without other players bugging them along the way)?

Konstantin Fomenko
11-19-2009, 05:37 PM
Yeah - most likely we will.

THYMOLE
12-08-2009, 05:32 PM
Its better they make a shorter but more story focused campaign, unlike say... BFME
That way they can afford to be more creative in the scenarios instead of filling it out with average random map esque games.

Of course, when playing an RTS game the times are completely related to how you play... less talented players could probably double it to 18 hours. Better players could shorten it to maybe 7 or 8

raving
12-09-2009, 01:23 PM
That information is 3 years overdue, the current campaign turned out to be more like 9 hours.

However - we might be moving our campaign to the MMORTS quest format instead of just single-player format. So in a way game will most likely ship without single player campaign.

I know this decision might disappoint players who only play games in single player, but this is an MMORTS title - and believe me it`s much more fun to play through campaign like quests in the MMORTS mode:
-The army you get at the end of the scenario is what you`ll start with the next level
-Unless you choose to drop by your home town to get more troops or NPC town to get mercenaries
-You will actually travel from one campaign location to another, instead of a simple load screen.
-And so on, and so on.
bit dissapointed i love singeplayers mostly cause of the great cinematics and storybuilding. Will there be alot of cinematics / storybuilding in momorts mode?

zach12wqasxz
12-09-2009, 02:55 PM

-And so on, and so on.

aw, thats a little bit of a bumber, what will you guys do for the xbox 360 version? same thing? or will it have just the single player campaign?

markgil
12-11-2009, 10:26 AM
sorry to hear that there will not be SP in DOF-i guess thats another game to cross off my to buy list. i think the developers made a mistake by excluding SP's & putting all there egg's in the MMO basket.

Puppeteer
12-11-2009, 10:57 AM
There will be single player, but the probability that the game ships with a single player campaign is unlikely. However, this implies that a single player campaign could follow in the form of patches, or small expansion packs.

Supreme
12-11-2009, 01:26 PM
sorry to hear that there will not be SP in DOF-i guess thats another game to cross off my to buy list. i think the developers made a mistake by excluding SP's & putting all there egg's in the MMO basket.

Thats a little short around the corner, isnt it, mate.

Anyway, as it looks now, they will make 1 MP campaign and make a possibility of PvE only. Woa, SP.

Personally I couldnt care less, I like missions (in a campaign-sphere) but just to prepare me for the MP (and sure for the story). Then again my SP games usually dont last 3 days before being finnished.

zach12wqasxz
12-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Thats a little short around the corner, isnt it, mate.

Anyway, as it looks now, they will make 1 MP campaign and make a possibility of PvE only. Woa, SP.

Personally I couldnt care less, I like missions (in a campaign-sphere) but just to prepare me for the MP (and sure for the story). Then again my SP games usually dont last 3 days before being finnished.

ya I beat my games so fast i cant afford to buy new ones
with the mmo aspect of the game, the game will last a lot longer for me, and have a lot of relay value, where a single player campaign wouldnt

Darathor
12-11-2009, 04:27 PM

There will be a single-layer skirmish mode, and the campaign has been incorporated into the mmorts mode via quests.You will be able to do the campaign quests offline, there will be many quests added every patch to the mmorts mode that you might be able to do too.

Alex Walz
12-11-2009, 10:54 PM
We have no intention of turning a cold shoulder on single-player gamers. If all goes as planned, players will be able to play the MMORTS campaign offline, as well as play against the AI in a number of skirmish games.

markgil
12-13-2009, 03:36 PM
cool! i apologize for my misunderstanding. very glad to hear that SP is still in DOF as i am looking forward to playing.

Zenidiller
01-31-2011, 11:35 AM
I hope it has alot of play time to it.

Shagberry
01-31-2011, 06:24 PM
I like the idea that the Sp campain is kinda like the tutorial for the game leading to the mmorts getting the basics down befor going online.

Dracus
01-31-2011, 06:32 PM
ya I beat my games so fast i cant afford to buy new ones
with the mmo aspect of the game, the game will last a lot longer for me, and have a lot of relay value, where a single player campaign wouldnt

I completely agree with him here. The main focus I believe should be the mmo part of this game. Multiplayer I hope if the focus of this game.

Alex Walz
01-31-2011, 07:44 PM
Please do not bump threads over a year old.

The single-player campaign has been cut for the time being to allow us to concentrate on the MMO portion. It was replaced with a faster-paced "Kingdom Wars" single-player campaign. For more information on all the available game modes, please refer to the Official FAQs (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1696).