PDA

View Full Version : Modern Warfare 2...

LiTos456
11-13-2009, 08:58 PM
Someone was bound to make this thread.
I have officially reviewed the game at litos-hq so check out my review here (http://blog.litos-hq.com/?p=65), I'm not going to copy all that into this thread.
So has anyone here played it? And what do you guys think?

Henry Martin
11-13-2009, 10:09 PM
Yeah I played it and I definitely think its great, but feels short (like you said).

You know what grinds my gear is that each mission I started to get into they ended. I beat the game around 7hrs (around the same as uncharted 2) and the game felt way shorter than uncharted. One thing I do like is that the AI is always on you. I personally didn't like that they didn't have on sniper level like the first one. I mean there are mission with sniper rifles, but not a sniper level.

I really agree with you about the rambo aspect, as I am not a fan of you being the one man army. I wish more FPS had you in a squad and you felt more like apart of a bigger war (if that makes sense:confused: ).

My biggest complaint is the whole game feels like the game is made up of smaller games. As soon as you start a mission its over and your onto another one and a new character. I think you jump around too much with all the different characters.

Well thanks what grinds my gears

wills370
11-14-2009, 03:08 AM
I have yet to play on it so your review was really helpful litos. Should be getting it soon though but i voted to buy dragon age origins fist and im working through that. trying to keep all my party members happy. :)

Josh Warner
11-14-2009, 03:50 AM
Beat the single player in 6~ hours on veteran. Pretty easy compared to every over CoD game, and I never cared for MP in these games. Took me another 5 to get all the stars for Spec Ops. If I ever really need to kill people in an FPS I'll just reinstall Counter-Strike, CoD MP has never been all that impressive. Something about having to grind for unlocks in an FPS makes me want to stab people. Not to mention the lack of dedicated servers for PC users which is quite frankly idiotic and makes me wonder just how out of touch IW with their playerbase, it's a slap in the face to anyone who wanted to play MP on their PC.

Overall it's not as good as I expected, production value is through the roof and all that, but actual content is lacking and the biggest draw seems to be for those that have addictive personalities and must get every achievement. And MP without dedicated servers is just a huge let down.

Honestly, CoD is beginning to feel like the Madden of FPSes. They release a new one as often as they can with very little in the way of improvements outside of graphics.

Joseph Visscher
11-14-2009, 10:14 AM
I play it most nights after work here, my roommate has it on his ps3, it exceeded my expectations from playing the last one, and i haven't even seen the campaign, just played the co-op split screen campaign and multilayer, aswell as split screen 2v2's which are always fun as hell with some friends over.

LiTos456
11-14-2009, 11:19 AM
I only played the campaign and as I said in my review it's worth playing it for all the epic scenes you get to see. I even uploaded my favorite one on youtube, it makes me want to cry. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZjTKwZZ_V8) (minor spoilers)

wills370
11-19-2009, 09:02 AM
Hey its comming up to christmas and want peoples view worth the money or get assasins creed 2 ?

Henry Martin
11-19-2009, 11:56 AM
Hey its comming up to christmas and want peoples view worth the money or get assasins creed 2 ?

I really like Modern warfare 2, but I think you should go with Assassin's creed 2. I haven't played AC2, but if its better than the first one (which it does look like) then go with that.

Then again its all about what you are looking for. Modern warfare 2 is about face paced shooter which you will go through fast, but it has multiplayer. AC2 is more or less a 3d platformer with no multiplayer.

LiTos456
11-19-2009, 01:23 PM
AC2 is awesome. I got it on the midnight release. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jVx4klgALM) Been playing it since, I love it so far, much better than the first.

wills370
11-19-2009, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the advice :)