PDA

View Full Version : Abadoned Buildings

The Witch King of Angmar
09-23-2007, 11:17 AM
Hey, I was wondering if in DoF there will be any lone buildings AKA battle towers, keeps, maybe like a watch-tower or something like that. Because then you could take over it and have another vantage point. It was like in BFME2 the outposts and signal fires you could capture. I think it is a good idea because it adds to the game.

Thanks

darath
09-23-2007, 11:59 AM
if you defeat an enemy will his buildings just blow up or can u take them

The Witch King of Angmar
09-23-2007, 12:38 PM
if you defeat an enemy will his buildings just blow up or can u take them

You can take theirs.

SPARROW94
10-02-2007, 04:49 PM
sounds kewl and they can have an extremly large sight range

The Witch King of Angmar
10-02-2007, 05:58 PM
sounds kewl and they can have an extremly large sight range

Yeah especially like a tower.

Kostia Kaploon
10-06-2007, 04:05 AM
how about you can send your worker over so he can destroy it and get like 60% of the building resources... couse its a bit unrealistic having a baracks in an enemy base.. or am i wrong?

SPARROW94
10-06-2007, 08:24 AM
umm o your saying tht we destroy our tower for recources then we build an barracks in an enemy base...WTF???????

Kostia Kaploon
10-06-2007, 08:47 AM
the other way around.. instead of geting the enemy baracks - you destroy it for resources.. not ur building - enemy building.. (couse it doesnt make much sence having a baracks inside an enemy base..

The Witch King of Angmar
10-06-2007, 01:34 PM
the other way around.. instead of geting the enemy baracks - you destroy it for resources.. not ur building - enemy building.. (couse it doesnt make much sence having a baracks inside an enemy base..

I stiill don't understand it.

Kostia Kaploon
10-06-2007, 02:40 PM
when you play multi in like 3v3 - one of your enemys is defeated.. you can bring a worker to his base and destroy his buildings for resources...

thats my suggestion

The Witch King of Angmar
10-06-2007, 03:32 PM
when you play multi in like 3v3 - one of your enemys is defeated.. you can bring a worker to his base and destroy his buildings for resources...

thats my suggestion

If he is defeated wouldn't his buildings be gone already? And why use a worker when you can use an army to destroy it faster?

Kostia Kaploon
10-07-2007, 05:33 AM
If he is defeated wouldn't his buildings be gone already? And why use a worker when you can use an army to destroy it faster?

it wont neceserily be defeated because:

1 he can just surrender
2 you dont have to destroy all the walls and houses for example

you use a worker because with a worker you get resources per building you destroy - with an army you get nothing..

kost.

The Witch King of Angmar
10-07-2007, 10:36 AM
it wont neceserily be defeated because:

1 he can just surrender
2 you dont have to destroy all the walls and houses for example

you use a worker because with a worker you get resources per building you destroy - with an army you get nothing..

kost.

Ok I get you now. But if he surrnedered would he just be out of the game?

PS Instead of destroying the buildings he should loot them or get resources from them.

Kostia Kaploon
10-07-2007, 12:23 PM
Ok I get you now. But if he surrnedered would he just be out of the game?

PS Instead of destroying the buildings he should loot them or get resources from them.

i dont know about surrender.. ur probably right.. well thats the looting/geting resources..
like if a house is made out of wood - we would take it apart and take all the useable wood..
so basicly it is looting..

ShadowyMoon
10-07-2007, 12:58 PM
It is looting but it would make the player/team that's winning have even more of an advantage.

The Witch King of Angmar
10-07-2007, 05:34 PM
It is looting but it would make the player/team that's winning have even more of an advantage.

Yeah the other team mate should be able to loot thier partners buildings instead.

Kostia Kaploon
10-07-2007, 10:46 PM
Yeah the other team amte should be able to loot thier partners buildings instead.

maybe a first come first serve kind of thing? (one more thing to fight over..)

Andreas Hollandt
10-08-2007, 05:13 AM
Yeah the other team amte should be able to loot thier partners buildings instead.
Seems to be a good idea.
maybe a first come first serve kind of thing? (one more thing to fight over..)
but the team with the missing player is already battered, how shall they fight?

Kostia Kaploon
10-08-2007, 07:39 AM
not once did i see a good player win 3-4 in a row.. but now that i think about it the players in the mmo are matched by rank (meaning they are about the same level). But i see no problem in using it in skirmishes. Maybe have it as an option for the host to deside.

kost.

Puppeteer
10-11-2007, 02:48 PM
Looting would be a good idea, maybe have workers or armies looting buildings. Armies would be quick and get less resources, whereas workers know what to look out for so get more resources.

The Witch King of Angmar
10-11-2007, 04:11 PM
Looting would be a good idea, maybe have workers or armies looting buildings. Armies would be quick and get less resources, whereas workers know what to look out for so get more resources.

Yeah that sounds good.

Gareth121
10-13-2007, 09:46 AM

thats my suggestion

I really like that idea. You can only harvest so much from the environment, so getting resources from conquered buildings would be a nice bonus.

Super Nova
11-23-2007, 02:44 AM
So u are just capping the building/s with worker and then selling them is that really called looting?

Kostia Kaploon
11-23-2007, 03:10 AM
So u are just capping the building/s with worker and then selling them is that really called looting?

no, you are not capping anything.. you "loot" the buildings for goods and resources.. and yes, that is what i think looting is all about.

(nothing official here, just my personal opinion on how it should work)

Super Nova
11-23-2007, 05:16 AM
Why not add rubble to the game to were every time a building gets blown up rubble is left of the building.
Like Supreme Commander

The Witch King of Angmar
11-23-2007, 12:58 PM
They will have this I think.