PDA

View Full Version : Changing weapons?

PirateofCheem
11-08-2009, 02:59 AM
Since there seems to be a fairly decent amount of emphasis on commanders, why not make them be able to choose from a wide range of weapons to use, either at the start of the game or by buying one? I reckon it would be cool because then I could have a commander with a group of archers or pikemen or something else.

nickson104
11-08-2009, 05:17 AM
Since there seems to be a fairly decent amount of emphasis on commanders, why not make them be able to choose from a wide range of weapons to use, either at the start of the game or by buying one? I reckon it would be cool because then I could have a commander with a group of archers or pikemen or something else.

I think that a skill that they can learn will be to change weapon, but dont hold me to that... I would guess it will be similar to many games (Melee/Range)

But yes i totally agree with what you are saying, BUYING weapons for your heros would be cool, perhaps when you go to a NPC city to trade and perhaps hire mercs you could visit the blacksmith and purchase better weaponry or amour off him...

nickson104
11-08-2009, 12:29 PM
Post above is non logical, and telling from the signature, probably deserves the banhammer... It looks to me like spam/bot... Not sure but thats how it seems to me
If a dev can see this take note! :p XD

Supreme
11-08-2009, 01:17 PM
im gunna go with that im a bot

Yeap, :rolleyes:

LiTos456
11-08-2009, 04:47 PM
Gotta love 'em bots lol

nickson104
11-09-2009, 04:23 PM
Lol? The bot/spammer replied to me? AND was removed before i could see it! :o :( :p

Darathor
11-09-2009, 04:55 PM
I believe they said that there wouldn't be any switching of weapons (at least for normal units, don't know about heroes). I may have heard wrong or they've changed it, but I'm quite sure that having a switching ability to switch between a melee and ranged weapon during combat or whenever won't be in game.

wills370
11-09-2009, 11:30 PM
Hmm might be a option where you dont get a choice. As it is fairly obviouse if archers do get into close combat they are going to use a knife or somthing if they have one. for self preservation services.

Darathor
11-10-2009, 02:22 PM
Hmm might be a option where you dont get a choice. As it is fairly obviouse if archers do get into close combat they are going to use a knife or somthing if they have one. for self preservation services.

I was thinking that would work more along the lines of aoe2. Archers just keep firing with bows.

Espadachim
11-10-2009, 05:06 PM
Yup, in AoK, archers kept firing even if being attacked at melee. But in AoEIII, longbowmen, swept to a blade when too close to fire, and crossbowmen pummeled with their crossbows like clubs.

PirateofCheem
11-13-2009, 05:27 AM
I did not mean for normal soldiers, if they change weapons automatically, thats all good. I meant that I reckon heroes/generals should be able to choose their starting weapon at the beginning of the game so they could fight in different ways, as well as weapons the hero could obtain somehow to switch to.

For example, at the beginning of the campaign or the mmo, the player chooses his hero's main weapon, which could be a bow or a hammer or a sword. Later the hero could buy a new weapon (since all other units come with weapons and individual unit's weapons would be really cheap, maybe make the hero/general weapons be special in design or something so they are more expensive)

Supreme
11-13-2009, 05:37 AM
Thats usually defined by the hero you pick. Im gonna reckon it will be the same here.