PDA

View Full Version : Dawn of Fantasy Xfire Community!

LiTos456
10-17-2009, 10:53 AM
Hey everyone!
I have setup the Dawn of Fantasy Xfire Community - it is for all of you and us and for whoever is waiting and will be playing the game, as well as newcomers who are eager to find out what it's all about!
This really doesn't need a large post so go ahead and sign up for it if you have an xfire account - anyone can join, no restrictions!
Let it grooooooww!
Dawn of Fantasy Xfire Community (http://www.xfire.com/communities/dofgame/)

LiTos456
01-13-2010, 09:03 PM
Update: Does anybody want to manage this? I completely forgot about it. If anyone would like to volunteer to post updates on it and such I can arrange that for you, in return you'll get some more fame in the community probably especially further down the road.

massenic
01-14-2010, 02:13 AM
Oh, cool. I applied to join the group.

Don't have time to manage (and I'm not really the right person for it, only just signed up here...) but I'm sure someone will take his chance to get the fame:p

raving
01-14-2010, 02:35 AM
urgh i hate xfire.. dont ask me why... just hate it

massenic
01-14-2010, 03:29 AM
I had actually never tried it and saw this as a good opportunity.

Josh Warner
01-14-2010, 03:30 AM
urgh i hate xfire.. dont ask me why... just hate it

I've always had my own ventrilo server so I never saw a point to xfire myself, it's not a bad program or anything, I just never had a need for it.

welshie
01-14-2010, 07:04 AM
mmhmm x-fire has been a bit pointless for me since the new cod requires you to log on ingame first and doesnt have any private servers thus meaning you cant just go right click join on your mates x-fire when hes playing.

szebus
01-14-2010, 08:01 AM
I think Xfire is a pretty good solution,especially for those who enjoy multiple games.

Kaznafein
01-14-2010, 09:18 AM
Xfire is a great thing I've had it since around when it first got started. Its a good way to keep in touch with people you play games with. You can see what games there playing and even join them straight from xfire depending on the game. I sign up for it in a little.

zach12wqasxz
01-14-2010, 09:59 AM
i used to use ventrillo, now i use teamspeak 3

szebus
01-14-2010, 10:14 AM
Lot of people uses teamspeak 3 nowdays, it is really that good ?

zach12wqasxz
01-14-2010, 12:13 PM
Lot of people uses teamspeak 3 nowdays, it is really that good ?

well its WAY better than ventrillo if that helps any, ive never used xfire so im not sure, also teamspeak 3 can hold a crapload more ppl in its servers, and for games like eve online, when theres 200 ppl all in 1 fleet, all in the same channel listening to the fleet commader thats pretty important

LiTos456
01-14-2010, 01:27 PM
well its WAY better than ventrillo if that helps any, ive never used xfire so im not sure, also teamspeak 3 can hold a crapload more ppl in its servers, and for games like eve online, when theres 200 ppl all in 1 fleet, all in the same channel listening to the fleet commader thats pretty important

Wow, that makes eve sound utterly interesting... but that game is still slow.

Supreme
01-14-2010, 02:10 PM
I hear it gets interesting after 6 months of utter grinding. Hence I never tried it.

blackfang
01-14-2010, 02:13 PM
i played for 3 months now:D Tough it is getting kinda boring now, i play once every 9 days because that is when my research is done:p Also i am quite used to ventrilo or just the IG voice chat. Works fine:)

willrockyo1
02-22-2010, 10:16 AM
Hey everyone!
I have setup the Dawn of Fantasy Xfire Community - it is for all of you and us and for whoever is waiting and will be playing the game, as well as newcomers who are eager to find out what it's all about!
This really doesn't need a large post so go ahead and sign up for it if you have an xfire account - anyone can join, no restrictions!
Let it grooooooww!
Dawn of Fantasy Xfire Community (http://www.xfire.com/communities/dofgame/)

I've never heard of xfire. What's it all about? Is it similar to vent? Glad we're getting more communities though. People will wish they'd jump on this bandwagon when DoF goes into beta.

welshie
02-22-2010, 12:24 PM
I've never heard of xfire. What's it all about? Is it similar to vent? Glad we're getting more communities though. People will wish they'd jump on this bandwagon when DoF goes into beta.

x-fire is like msn that can show up while your in game. bascily

Dalkor
01-23-2011, 06:08 AM
Xfire is like steam, except you can't buy games through them. You have the community, the in game interface. However you can use Xfire to broadcast live and record video(like fraps.)

Also, I applied to join the group... If you're still looking for someone to keep it updated and managed I'll give it my best.

LiTos456
01-23-2011, 11:58 AM
They have a game store now actually. But I do agree with you, Xfire is kinda pointless at this point. They hadn't even upgraded their software of system API for ages, and steam is only doing that.
If you want to manage it though, send me a PM with some info on how you're going to go about it etc. Not really a necessity but just consider it like a mini-interview.

Belfpally39
01-31-2011, 01:24 PM
I'm definatly going to join this :)

Yannickb
04-07-2011, 09:11 AM
I'm definatly going to join this :)

Same, would love to join :D

ididi9
05-01-2011, 12:36 PM
I use Teamspeak now, Better than ventrilo although xFire is still good.

mari
05-01-2011, 03:05 PM
nici :) :) :)