PDA

View Full Version : 2010, the year of the MMO?

Jfluffy
10-13-2009, 12:37 PM
So many companies and their mother are making an mmo. To me it seems to be something a company does to milk a series for all that it's worth. Some mmos that I know I can't wait for.

Dawn of Fantasy
The first mmorts I've seen that really grabbed my interest!

Star Wars: The Old Republic
at first i didn't think it was true but it was... An mmo that is story driven and the first mmo with a class that I've seen that has a Kick the groin ability

The Agency
An mmo about being a secret agent. Choose between the James Bond style agent, walk in the front with a nice suit (or dress), have a few fancy alcoholic beverages then use stealth and fun gadgets to complete your objective. Or be a agent who comes in the back door with a big gun.

WoW:Cataclysm
I started playing WoW in July of 2005 and so much has changed and by the looks of things, so much will be changing! The world I grown to know and love forever changed and a big scary dragon is to blame! Little green drug lords and big fluffy huuman puppys being the new races to play. Something I'm starting to notice with WoW is that we always seem to be killing a dragon... Kill Malygos, gonna kill Deathwing, by the looks of things we are going to kill Nozdormu... We'll kill Ysera and Alexstrasza sometime for some reason...
(if you don't reconize any of these names Google them and if you don't care, that works too!)

Final Fantasy XIV
Two mmos, one series! *shudders* Think Square Enix will ever run out of money?

Star Trek online
Eve with a story and you actually leave your ship?! Awesome..
Time to work on my scotty impression!

If you see any other mmos that are coming out for 2010 share them! :D

Josh Warner
10-13-2009, 04:33 PM
comparing this to a traditional MMORPG is a great disservice. And there isn't a single MMORPG coming out in 2010 I have any faith that it will actually be decent. I'm waiting for Wh40k or fallout online before I bother with one again.

sneaky_squirrel
10-13-2009, 05:02 PM
The y are going to release plenty good MMOs.

I heard one that I think is called Tera, seems decent.

Wow just visited the site again, and now it isn't korean anymore, I think I might check it out.

Also, please do not play this game for it is totally inferior to DoF ;p.

Kire
10-13-2009, 05:14 PM
You forgot At wow kiling dragons.... Onyxia =P ... twice, and cant imagine star trek as mmo x.x .... gota see that.

Jfluffy
10-14-2009, 12:29 PM
With Star Wars: The Old Republic being made by Bioware, I have high hopes for it! Star Trek you can create your own hybrid racce (i.e. Cleon/Vulcan hybrid).
Also the whole mmorpg category is full of bad games and most other mmos like mmofps that I've seen or heard about aren't too good. I need something different from a mmorpg! Hurry up October 15th!

Josh Warner
10-14-2009, 01:41 PM
With Star Wars: The Old Republic being made by Bioware, I have high hopes for it! Star Trek you can create your own hybrid racce (i.e. Cleon/Vulcan hybrid).
Also the whole mmorpg category is full of bad games and most other mmos like mmofps that I've seen or heard about aren't too good. I need something different from a mmorpg! Hurry up October 15th!

SW:TOR I'm betting turns into another themepark MMO instead of SWG-esque pre combat upgrade. Not interested in that over-saturated market, themeparks get old too quick for me.

Darathor
10-16-2009, 07:47 AM
What about Stargate:Worlds? I don't know if it will come out in 2010 though.