PDA

View Full Version : Wazzzup

iceblast
09-12-2007, 02:43 PM
wazzup all.

im iceblast and im from various bfme sites ex. istari productions, mevault, revora forums and bfme haven. i really like the aspect of the game and the factions like dragons and the way men look. im here to say hi :D and i was very curious about some stuff from dawn of fantasy

- what is the dragons faction all about?
what infantry units will it have?

- in ROTWK (rise of the witch king) it had a map builder aka worldbuilder
will dof have it as well

- and i just want to say hey to everyone

and if theres a release can someone post it like whens it out how much gig it wil take up and cost?

The Witch King of Angmar
09-12-2007, 06:56 PM
wazzup all.

im iceblast and im from various bfme sites ex. istari productions, mevault, revora forums and bfme haven. i really like the aspect of the game and the factions like dragons and the way men look. im here to say hi :D and i was very curious about some stuff from dawn of fantasy

will dof have it as well

- and i just want to say hey to everyone

and if theres a release can someone post it like whens it out how much gig it wil take up and cost?

Hey iceblast nice to have you.

Answer 1. Dragons are mainly based on their dragons :rolleyes: and they are expensive yet powerful. As infantry they will have units called drakes which are like half-dragons. I will see if I can get the drawing of one for you.

Answer 2. Yes they will have an editor.

Enjoy the forums.

PS If you liked MEV go to rtscommunity.com (http://rtscommunity.com). It is 10000000000 times better.

Gallivan
09-12-2007, 06:56 PM
Welcome Iceblast!

I'm fairly new here myself, but as far as your questions go:

I believe the dragon faction will be comparable to the Protoss, if you've ever played StarCraft. This only in the fact that they have more powerful units, but will have less of them because of the cost. This is speculation though.

will dof have it as well

I also believe there is a fairly extensive world editor that has the basics already built for DoF. I know there is a screen shot somewhere, and it actually looks very complex and well made.

EDIT:

Witch beat me to the punch. :D

iceblast
09-13-2007, 10:17 AM
i didnt like what mev did to nick and also its very slow on management and its run poorly

Ryan Zelazny
09-13-2007, 10:51 AM
Welcome Iceblast,

I would answer some questions but it seems that the others did a fine job already.

Please feel free to ask anything else that comes to mind though.

Gallivan
09-13-2007, 10:56 AM
Found it:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m143/Darvin3/EditorShot.jpg

iceblast
09-13-2007, 11:15 AM
holy monkies (gulps):eek:

Joseph Visscher
09-13-2007, 11:50 AM
and may i add, the editor is very well built, it doesn't lag nearly as much as worldbuilder does, lol cnc3's worldbuilder takes more then 5 minutes to load it up. in dofs editor it takes less then a minute to open the editor and load the bigest map with well over 20000+ objects. it hardly lags that much inside the editor/map also, unless you zoom way out.

Gallivan
09-13-2007, 11:54 AM
It looks like you can even manually script, which is good for advanced map users.

iceblast
09-13-2007, 12:11 PM
awesome just awsome then :P

i cooked this up for a mod that im mapping in at revora

http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/9/9/7/f_mymapm_b83060f.jpg&srv=img38

i hope its good but thats what i can do in worldbuilder at the most and the builder in dawn of fantasy looks like the stronghold one a bit :P

last question:

what size do the units come in ex gondor soldiers where 3 ranks of 5 coloums making 15 in a battalion

Gallivan
09-13-2007, 12:23 PM
I think 5-10.

iceblast
09-13-2007, 12:25 PM
kk thats kwl then cus in crusader it was 1 and i thought it resembled the stronghold series more but obviously not :P

Gallivan
09-13-2007, 02:16 PM
There's a topic about it around somewhere. :)

I think they opted for a lower amount per group so path finding would be easier and would appear more realistic. And there's nothing to stop you from having a lot of little groups. :cool:

The Witch King of Angmar
09-13-2007, 04:00 PM
There's a topic about it around somewhere. :)

I think they opted for a lower amount per group so path finding would be easier and would appear more realistic. And there's nothing to stop you from having a lot of little groups. :cool:

I'd like 5-10. PS iceblast, I like your sig. :p

Ryan Zelazny
09-13-2007, 04:36 PM
Number of units per batalion is undecided as of yet. We are testing to see how each number fares before we decide on a constant.

Puppeteer
09-14-2007, 11:18 AM
Hi ice, never seen you before ;)

iceblast
09-14-2007, 11:21 AM
puppeteer u dont sound familiar lol :wink:

SPARROW94
09-18-2007, 06:13 PM
amazing your popular