PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Quests

sneaky_squirrel
10-11-2009, 12:07 AM
When I saw the forums were a bit down, I started thinking of ideas to contribute to keep the discussion going, and it came to me...multiplayer quests.

I was just wondering if these are planned or even possible (Maybe something similar planned), just curious.

What does everyone else think about these?, I personally would love to be ona quest where I start on one side of the map isolated from my ally on the other side (Having to get through a few camps to meet and rejoice).

Supreme
10-11-2009, 05:45 AM
That might be a little tricky but if you can go on a shared siege against (lets say) an NPC-city that would be awesome.

Konstantin Fomenko
10-11-2009, 09:27 AM
There are 4 multilayer skirmish modes - regular build and destroy, attack the castle, defend the caste, custom scenario.

Some other info
-There is a limit of 4 players for all multilpayer modes. And in Castle Defend or Siege the player attacking/controlling the castle can be AI.
-The game will ship with 12 castles available to defend/siege - all of NPC towns from MMO,
-We will include couple of custom scenarios when we ship the game.
-Future user maps could only be added by submitting the level for review by Reverie moderators. After reviewing we will add the map to the game ourselves - so that all players get it that week with a patch. This way only somewhat decent maps make it, with authors getting the full credit - and a much, much larger player base. We might do ranking system e.t.c

Konstantin Fomenko
10-11-2009, 09:43 AM
Oh:) I thought the question was asking about multiplayer skirmish:)

Multiplayer are extremely complex and fun, both story and action wise. And sure - you`ll be laying sieges to NPC strongholds with other players.

We`ll do a showcase on the quests sometimes next month.

wills370
10-11-2009, 11:09 AM
Oh:) I thought the question was asking about multiplayer skirmish:)

Multiplayer are extremely complex and fun, both story and action wise. And sure - you`ll be laying sieges to NPC strongholds with other players.

We`ll do a showcase on the quests sometimes next month.

sounds good to me, can you choose a castle tech level and how many units you begin with etc?

sneaky_squirrel
10-11-2009, 11:36 AM
So far I am liking the custom map submission system ;p.

Generation
10-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Same here i need to post some more :P

Alex Walz
10-11-2009, 05:02 PM
Why are skirmishes limited to four players? :(

Darathor
10-11-2009, 05:46 PM
I would guess the amount of units and the size of the strongholds compared to the size of the maps but it does still seem a tad small to only have 4 per match.

sneaky_squirrel
10-11-2009, 06:03 PM
It probably has a very reasonable explanation, and if I am correct, they mentioned in their FAQ something about 6 players being available at the moment in that time, seems the FAQ has'nt been updated in a while.

But we will have to await for an offical Reverie response.

Joseph Visscher
10-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Why are skirmishes limited to four players? :(

Because having more then 4000 units on just a few screen sizes all battling at once it out is a bit,,, slow,,, err laggy. its either less population limit size for more players or less players and higher population. I personally think it should just be 3 human players max; 2 attack, 1 defend - defender can call armies away in world map to return as reinforcements with time*distance away delay time until they return, sort of like a LOTR Helms Deep battle, defend best you can until reinforcements arrive.

Josh Warner
10-11-2009, 10:53 PM
For the regular skirmishes outside of MMORTS mode, consider allowing more people to play and adding a slider or something for the population cap per player, and for custom maps consider letting the map maker decide that population cap if possible. Lan games and groups of friends the more people allowed in the better.

sneaky_squirrel
10-11-2009, 10:59 PM
I agree on the skirmishes, less pop, 1000 pop isn't exactly the kinda of pop I'd expect in a short skirmish game, 300 max.

I do agree on sieges being only 4 though, ooooh reinforcements ;p.

Grim
10-19-2009, 05:27 PM
this sounds fun... but maybe they should make it both... i read something that sounded like npc army attacing but maybe it should be the 4 players need to take down the castle :D would be major fun if u ask me... or even an adventure.... some quests could involve rescue or investigate what happened... etc... but i do like the idea of multiplayer