PDA

View Full Version : Mount and Blade

Ironic
09-23-2009, 01:00 PM
Just wondering if there are any other m&b fanatics around here

Great game blending rpg rts and fps elements into one awesome package which still dosnt have any thing to compare itself to, thats just how awsome it is. If u havnt,check it out its a great game and the developers are top notch. Also downloads some mods, they make the game several magnitudes more fun

LiTos456
09-23-2009, 02:21 PM
I have it and I liked it but for some reason it just didn't last that long for me. The realistic combat was awesome though.

nickson104
09-23-2009, 04:59 PM
I have it and I liked it but for some reason it just didn't last that long for me. The realistic combat was awesome though.

I have that problem...

I love the game, really I do... But it just takes so long setting up, then you want a new character but you dont want to spend ages building up its army and so on...

Apparently the game is much better with mods... I downloaded a few other modules and tried them but they all seemed far inferior to the original and so I returned to native

Ironic
09-24-2009, 12:26 AM
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1011

try Prophesy of Pendor, its what im currently playing
completly new map, new factions and tons of new game play
really adds to the life of the game and its freaking fun carving an empire while leading your uber army from the front

http://www.moddb.com/games/mount-blade/downloads/mb-battle-sizer
also try this battlesizer. The vanilla game only allows szie 100 battles (50 vs 50 ) but this little tool will alow you to have battles of up to 1000, though setting it this high will almost always crash unless your playing on some kind of supercomputer. Try about 200-400 if your computer is decent and strap yourself in for some carnage :D

Liljagare
09-24-2009, 01:17 AM
I have it, I love it.

In the Warband Beta.

Calradia Rising or Native Expanded, excellent mods.. :D

Ironic
09-24-2009, 11:29 AM
In the Warband Beta.

i think i just went purple from jelousy:p
i cant wait to be sitting in a shield wall as the cavalry charges towards us and just yell SPARTAAAAA like a demented 12 year old

nickson104
09-24-2009, 04:25 PM
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1011

try Prophesy of Pendor, its what im currently playing
completly new map, new factions and tons of new game play
really adds to the life of the game and its freaking fun carving an empire while leading your uber army from the front

http://www.moddb.com/games/mount-blade/downloads/mb-battle-sizer
also try this battlesizer. The vanilla game only allows szie 100 battles (50 vs 50 ) but this little tool will alow you to have battles of up to 1000, though setting it this high will almost always crash unless your playing on some kind of supercomputer. Try about 200-400 if your computer is decent and strap yourself in for some carnage :D

My computer starts to proper lag when it hits the bigger battles, especially if its a predominantly horseback battle... I have decided that i cannot attack the khergits head on unless i take down the troop limit...

bikkebakke
09-24-2009, 05:01 PM
I got it :) Tried the trial first and just that made me buy it :D

The mods for mount and blade is just awesome, favs are prophesy of pendor - Star wars conquest - Roots of yggdrasil ^^

It's just sad you need a killer computer to have really big battles :/ got 6 gig ram, radeon 4890 and 2.6ghz quad core processor and I can play 500 unit battles :P but damn it can lag xD, playing with 250 units at each battle max with full graphics and it can still lag >,<

still a great game.

Kire
09-24-2009, 07:32 PM
I went to look for that game and it looks damn nice... to bad no warcraft mod =P.

Ironic
09-25-2009, 03:06 AM
My computer starts to proper lag when it hits the bigger battles, especially if its a predominantly horseback battle... I have decided that i cannot attack the khergits head on unless i take down the troop limit...

same
i think its something to do with the textures on the khergit armour but i dont really know

szebus
09-25-2009, 09:27 AM
Really nice game, to bad it has no multiplayer.

Kaznafein
09-25-2009, 01:35 PM
Never got around to buying it thin I will soon if I can find it on a shelf somewhere

Kire
09-25-2009, 08:10 PM
I just tried it today and it is amazingly nice..... the only problem i have is hitting ppl while raiding or with range weapons =P..... and the map thing looks confusing and i needed some time to figure the point of it....... tho i still dont know 80% of things x.x
Was also looking the mods and they look nice for improvement.... havent tried any yet.
It would e nice if had better manual and story and that kind of stuff... =P or i havent find out this yet x.x

Ironic
09-25-2009, 09:06 PM
Really nice game, to bad it has no multiplayer.

the new warband expansion which is currently in beta is adding multi player

heres a gameplay vid if your interested
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boyn-RHhlOQ

nickson104
09-26-2009, 07:12 AM
the new warband expansion which is currently in beta is adding multi player

heres a gameplay vid if your interested
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boyn-RHhlOQ

Woah... EPic! I guess it will be a steam powered game?

Also will it be standalone or expansion? if expansion i may have to buy the original first :(

Also heres a question... On that how do you get your weapon loadouts and such... Do you choose before a match or do you create a character with X money...

Ironic
09-26-2009, 09:32 PM
Woah... EPic! I guess it will be a steam powered game?

Also will it be standalone or expansion? if expansion i may have to buy the original first :(

Also heres a question... On that how do you get your weapon loadouts and such... Do you choose before a match or do you create a character with X money...

ok as far as i know its not run through steam

again as far as i know you need the original to play warband but i may be wrong maybe someone who's in the beta can answer that

From the gameplay that iv seen one you whose your side in a battle ( nord, khergit etc ) you will be able to choose from a whole bunch of weapons and armor with a limited amount of cash. As you kill people you get more money and can choose more advanced equipment. Again, only from what iv seen

Liljagare
09-27-2009, 10:25 AM
Warband is pretty much all multiplayer modes there are, in shiny suits of armour and swords n' axes.. :P

It rocks fattly! :D

wills370
09-27-2009, 01:47 PM
Wow this has just sparked a memory of mine. I was apart of it back when it was in its very basic (online) form. and remember how good the gameplay was if only the graphics were better. but still a few days later i found i had hit a few glitches that have since been resolved.Then after a few months of playing i felt i got all i could out of the game.And the development slowed for some reason. Since then i havent played.Although i might go look for it now again rekindle my army and ransack everything :P

Emperor Nero
09-28-2009, 05:21 AM
Dude, I love this game! I played it non stop for about a month when I first bought it. I played in its beta as well, and its definitely improved a lot since then. I can't wait for other companies to pick up on this type of genre.

Liljagare
09-28-2009, 06:54 AM
I think it was the first time I saw mounted combat being done WELL in a computer game.. :)

Konstantin Fomenko
09-28-2009, 02:17 PM
Big fan of the game as well!

Although the concept was sort of pioneered by Rise and Fall and Kingdom under fire.

One of things I certainly hope to see in Dawn of Fantasy 2 is ability to jump into your heroes shoes and control him in FPS combat. Imagine....Kingdom Under fire II type of visuals, Mount and Blade type of combat, but with 1000 strong army fighting behind your back - in MMORTS Player vs Player siege battle...:eek:

Kire
09-28-2009, 07:29 PM

Although the concept was sort of pioneered by Rise and Fall and Kingdom under fire.

One of things I certainly hope to see in Dawn of Fantasy 2 is ability to jump into your heroes shoes and control him in FPS combat. Imagine....Kingdom Under fire II type of visuals, Mount and Blade type of combat, but with 1000 strong army fighting behind your back - in MMORTS Player vs Player siege battle...:eek:

give!!!! =P, bdw battlezone had that too... (old future/fantasy game)

Beside omgomg that mount and blade is sooo great... cant stop playing triail version from when i started x.x I finaly today won a hardest options settings - quick battle - siege deffense... that is the hardest there.... in map game i pilage and kill and steal muahahahahah =P
Imba game true. Need more !!! need moreeeee !!!! ( no visa or that stuff to buy original =(((((()
(i know i sound like an addicted geak =P)

Ironic
09-29-2009, 04:13 AM
well u spelt geek wrong so u cant be that nerdy;)
it is great in rts games where you can jump in and fight with your soldiers
I recall an ww2 rts from some years ago, russian i believe, where you could control a soldier or veigcle any time you wanted. Great fun getting a massive tank in multilayer and driving it through a building full of enemy troops. The game wasn't very polished but it was quite refreshing. Eastern europe games ftw

ash12181987
11-23-2009, 11:19 AM
-IS much better with mods
-You can do 1000 person battles, it's just a matter of downloading the right mod, and having a computer made out of Obsidian by the proud dwarves of middle earth

The only bad thing about it, is that its strategy currently amounts to little more than, "Point and click everyone at whoever looks at you funny" or "Follow me". Mind you their fixing that in the expansion though.

Khan kreiger
05-29-2010, 08:47 PM
the new mount and blade actually has AMAZING graphics for a pc game...it actually looks like a xbox360 game. Anyone here played the new mount and blade warband?

Negthareas
05-29-2010, 09:23 PM

This is the kind of stuff I am talking about - a MMORTS/FPS!!!!

Yami-Yagari
05-30-2010, 06:14 AM
This is the kind of stuff I am talking about - a MMORTS/FPS!!!!

That really sounds appealing. Although the problem would arise of heroes being to overpowered, kinda like in R&F where your hero could decimate entire armies with just your bow:p

nickson104
05-30-2010, 09:29 AM
-IS much better with mods
-You can do 1000 person battles, it's just a matter of downloading the right mod, and having a computer made out of Obsidian by the proud dwarves of middle earth

The only bad thing about it, is that its strategy currently amounts to little more than, "Point and click everyone at whoever looks at you funny" or "Follow me". Mind you their fixing that in the expansion though.

Can I haz obsidian computer?

Also, my favourite tactic is to find the largest hill on the map (close to my start of course) and flag all my infantry/archers to hold their ground there, then tell cavalry to follow me and flank the enemy :) its generally very effective (especially when you have a horse with good charge)

Miclee
06-17-2010, 06:36 PM
Sorry for the small bump, just needed to say how much I love this game. I've made various mods for it(search me on their forums), been playing since the early beta versions.

blackfang
06-19-2010, 03:35 AM
I got up to 500 soldiers pr match:D I downloaded battle sizer which makes it possible to increase the numbers you can field. i set it to 500 because when 2000 soldiers litter the ground along with 500 men fighting at once it starts to lag:(

Khan kreiger
06-19-2010, 08:48 AM
I got up to 500 soldiers pr match:D I downloaded battle sizer which makes it possible to increase the numbers you can field. i set it to 500 because when 2000 soldiers litter the ground along with 500 men fighting at once it starts to lag:(

Well thats obvious theres too much going on for your computer to handle

blackfang
06-19-2010, 02:19 PM
its really a wonder, why does it lag at all...

Dalkor
01-22-2011, 05:28 PM
I felt the need to bring this thread back from the dead, sorry don't hurt me >.>

First of all, I have never played a game that has just completely engrosses me as much as this game. I have given up days and day's because this game is so good. The first person combat is amazing and on top of that you have the strategy element because in battle you do get to control your troops. So good.

Froot_Joose
01-22-2011, 10:33 PM
This is a pretty good game but I wish it was on the xbox live arcade. I just think it would be more fun on the xbox for some reason.

Dalkor
01-23-2011, 06:49 AM
It definitely gives that console vibe as far as play stlye. But I disagree that it would be better on the xbox. If it where native to the xbox it wouldn't have all the modding support it has now. Players make a lot of custom content for M&B that I would argue makes it a much better game, and there is no way to port that to xbox live.

darkviju
01-23-2011, 10:24 AM
With the multiplayer of Warband, it's not very much time to play singleplayer mode xD. They have to improve it a little bit and fix some bugs, but it's still quite good.

They have announced a new M & B with muskets and pistols, called With fire and sword.

Refleax
01-23-2011, 02:52 PM
With the multiplayer of Warband, it's not very much time to play singleplayer mode xD. They have to improve it a little bit and fix some bugs, but it's still quite good.

They have announced a new M & B with muskets and pistols, called With fire and sword.

You can also download Mount & Musket (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,179.0.html), It's an awesome 18th Century Mod with quite a large community.

darkviju
01-23-2011, 03:46 PM
Yes, I have to try it, but I'm still hooked with the Native multiplayer xD. The only bad thing about it, is that there are not so many servers as in other games. Well, there are some of them, but not very much huge servers (50 vs 50 or something like this).

Joseph Visscher
01-23-2011, 05:34 PM
I love mount and blade, I want to buy warband so badly, but I'm afraid I won't work as much on dawn of fanasty, it needs atleast 14 hours a day, with warband I might only work 12 hours a day! :o

Warchamp84
01-23-2011, 06:37 PM
Mount and Blade is a very good and successful game even the new Mount and Blade Warband is great. The developers of this game should try get some campaign map and playing style ideas from Paradox games, try a very good gaming company.

Finn
01-24-2011, 02:04 AM
This game is awesome. I've spend nearly half year playing it and Iím still active player. You can't find in any other multiplayer game more realistic melee fight in medieval period. And modding support from ppl will keep it alive for really looong time.

darkviju
01-24-2011, 07:31 AM
The only problem with the multiplayer, I mean a real problem, is that the ping is usually high because of the amount of people, and that means being killed very fast in melee combat.

Energy
01-28-2011, 06:58 AM
It's cool for sure.

Dalkor
01-28-2011, 12:47 PM
The only problem with the multiplayer, I mean a real problem, is that the ping is usually high because of the amount of people, and that means being killed very fast in melee combat.

Well that, and most of the servers that they have native on, tend to be over seas in Europe :P

I really need to grab cRPG or whatever it is that a bunch of people ply online, because native is definitely not the most popular, heh.

artic79
01-28-2011, 02:07 PM
Just wondering if there are any other m&b fanatics around here

yes i have play on lot of m&b vertion :)

Mishkin
02-01-2011, 07:38 AM
I had Mount and blade and it was my favourite game for a long time, until a new game was released. Mount and blade warband. I forgot about the original mount and blade completly after going to warband, the combat system was really improoved since the original.

Also i don't think mount and blade / warband would make a good console game because there is way too many buttons / keys.

Tale worlds have announced the next game after warband.. "with fire and sword"

Tangae
02-01-2011, 01:58 PM
Personaly, I use the mod "1257 AD" ! With my french campaign, I conquered nearly half of the Great Britain, my army is the stronger of the game and I'm a god like knight :D

darkviju
02-01-2011, 04:11 PM
I should play some mods, but I don't see a big difference in most of them compared to Native.

Bassman
02-03-2011, 02:01 PM
I'm still playing it after a year. Some of the mods are really good to play

Eomyn
02-10-2011, 07:14 PM
Go play Bowman :D

Squiglypig
02-10-2011, 08:17 PM
I'm playing with the "Diplomacy" mod. It makes it a lot easier to keep track of your own estates and the rest of your kingdom (when you establish one that is). I always use Nord troops with some Swadian knights as support. I find that to be a most useful combination. High damage and heavily armored >:3

What are you other guy's preferences?

Mokhir
02-10-2011, 10:46 PM
How a not completely "legal" version of the game, hacked my stats to the max, played it for a LONNNGGG time but see as my dumbsh!t king didn't want to reward me with anything even though i single handly wiped out the rhodak empire i quit.
Somewhere after this i found a great mod that makes u conqeur a city and become king of it, recruiting knights and making them lords. That was fun but the game kept glitching and bugging, and it was over. Forever

Fun game for a bit of time thou, recommened it to people who never played it before. You just gotta taste a bit of that sim battles. ;)

Fedecap
04-14-2011, 08:15 AM
i've palyed it one time

Aikem
05-04-2011, 03:05 AM
I love this game :cool:

Melleman
05-04-2011, 07:38 AM
I wanna play it:(

Frizzomaniac
06-25-2011, 06:27 PM
Its a very fun game, and the modding scene for it is very active and fun, my particular fave is mount & musket mod. if you like napoleonic era and a bit of disciplined roleplay for linebattles its quite enjoyable.

Kelden
06-25-2011, 06:34 PM
vouch mount and musket, its a pro mod with a cool community, you get to do linebattles and stuff its sweet

Brotolemaeus
06-25-2011, 06:40 PM
Mount and Musket is the best mod for this game, I am in love with it.